Your APPs are bad and you should feel bad

• have you seen crunchyroll? your qeue is terrible, it doesnt even keep track of what episode im on. i have to guess around until i figure out if im still halfway through an episode or not. and then a skip to next eppisode? like really? how is that not an option? and figuring out what your simulcasting vs just getting dubs out? terrible. the PS4 app was bad, and the Roku app is even worse. half the time the apps cant even figure out what list my qeue is! how about featured instead? how about we suggest a few shows and maybe show you one or 2 of your qeue. oh your just going to restart the app? i guess that works. How you guys can even be a large company i have no idea.
    TL:DR
    Add a damn skip button
    Make the qeue remember what ep i was watching last
    Make the qeue work at least 99% of the time
    Organize your simulcasts so its easy to figure out what show is actually running, and what show is getting dubs
    make your apps not look like shit maybe?

get your act together. EVERYONE else has had this stuff figured out for a long time now.

• well maybe that was a bit harsh… but come on! this feels like playing a game in alpha

• @sirjordan186:

How you guys can even be a large company i have no idea.

Because they're not. FUNimation is actually a rather small business comprised of around 200 people, who all work the standard Mon-Fri work week and usually take the weekends off. In fact, your local supermarket around the corner probably has more total employees working for it than FUNimation does in its entirety. :hmm:

• @SpacemanHardy:

Because they're not. FUNimation is actually a rather small business comprised of around 200 people, who all work the standard Mon-Fri work week and usually take the weekends off. In fact, your local supermarket around the corner probably has more total employees working for it than FUNimation does in its entirety. :hmm:

that seems a bit surprising with the amount of success they have had with the DBZ series. Also funimation is one of the few companies i consider buying BD/DVD's from as usually their prices are reasonable and competitive. what i wanted to write was mainly unrelated to the app but more so that the queue bookmarks or just the queue page in general could be touched up. I like to tier up my queue for active series(as in what's in season or what i'm trying to watch/catch up on) but as the queue is not fully loaded i always get this issue where if i drag it to the bottom of it where i keep my inactive ones it will instead just have it freeze out and won't let me organize it the way i'd like to. to me it's rather annoying and if you could give a suggestion to have them fully loaded for editing purpose that'd be awesome :D

• Personally cross-platform functionality for the queue would be nice. I'd like to queue things on my PC and watch on my tablet in bed and maybe the occasional on the go ones on my phone. A bit annoying that I have to add Bikini Warriors on my PC, go onto my phone and queue it there, and then go into my tablet and queue it there as well for the whole trifecta.

Though one idea could be to let there be some additional functionalities for the paid app, like this cross-platform queue and other QoL improvements, and maybe advertise it. Because the way I think it is now (since I don't have the paid app) is that it's ad-free, and for 5 bucks to not have the ads at the bottom of my screen while I'm browsing serieses, I'll gladly keep the $5.

• @SpacemanHardy:

because THIS was the main point of the topic, thank you for the insight. and 200 people is not small. i worked for a small business. it was 11 people.

• @sirjordan186:

because THIS was the main point of the topic, thank you for the insight. and 200 people is not small. i worked for a small business. it was 11 people.

And I currently work for a family owned and operated business of 3 people.

It doesn't change the fact that for a "major" media distributor, 200 people is still quite on the small side. So naturally they don't have the same manpower or technical abilities as much larger companies such as Hulu or Netflix, but they are still constantly trying their best to improve.

If Sophie's recent posts have said anything, it's that some pretty big changes are in the air. Just give them a little more time and it should all be worth it. :)

• I have personally never had any issues with their apps.

Actually my only issue is that there is not a Wii U App (As I only have that and a 3DS as my current consoles but watch on computer while playing WoW and on my phone.)

• @priestesstyrande:

Actually my only issue is that there is not a Wii U App

^ This.

I personally wouldn't mind a Windows Phone app as well.

• @SpacemanHardy:

And I currently work for a family owned and operated business of 3 people.

It doesn't change the fact that for a "major" media distributor, 200 people is still quite on the small side. So naturally they don't have the same manpower or technical abilities as much larger companies such as Hulu or Netflix, but they are still constantly trying their best to improve.

If Sophie's recent posts have said anything, it's that some pretty big changes are in the air. Just give them a little more time and it should all be worth it. :)

More delightful insight, completley irrevelant insight. 200 is a lot of people. a lot of people that have been there for long enough to have basic features. like the features talked about in this post

• @SpacemanHardy:

So naturally they don't have the same manpower or technical abilities as much larger companies such as Hulu or Netflix, but they are still constantly trying their best to improve.

If Sophie's recent posts have said anything, it's that some pretty big changes are in the air. Just give them a little more time and it should all be worth it.

Well they will be getting some help soon because FUNimation Entertainment and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment have made a deal for UPHE to distribute Fun's DVD and Blu-ray's. I wonder how soon we'll see more titles in Wal-Mart or Target?

More on point, I whole heartily agree about them constantly trying to improve. I've been using the site and apps for just about two years now and It's been nothing but upgrades. Maybe not as fast as we would like but each upgrade has been well worth the wait and way better than what it replaced. Thanks everybody for all your effort. So how about it Sophie, can you give us a little more on when we are getting the new updates? We"re all saying nice things about you. Doesn't that make you feel like we deserve a little treat? <bg>.</bg>

• The only problems I've had with the roku app is sometimes the queue either comes up blank or shows someone else's. If I close the app and reopen it that usually fixes it. The other is that I just wish that the website and the apps would sync up.

• I think the point still stands vs crunchyroll. Funimantion fails on website layout and function. I still can not tell what eps are from current season fall 2015 or dubing of summer 2015. There is no way to tell how long till next ep of a new show will come out for sub. while with crunchyroll I always know and far easier to see what is what season. this site does have good shows but the bad layout and next to impossible to figure out search fuctions for current show releases makes this site barely if at all worth even the 5$ a month fee for all sub access… and dont get me started on their android app..

• We do have 200-ish people, but only really 3 of them even touch the app, myself included, and my participation is only to tell them what you guys think of the app and what we should do to improve it. The rest of the FUNimation employees work on delivering the anime to you. Phunware develops the mobile apps.

SpacemanHardy is right, though. Dragons are coming, and ALL of your comments have been taken to heart.

• I just want to say… I love your App on the PS4. It works exactly like you would want it to. Shows you a simple view of your queue, you can see where you left off, access is quick and easy. When I load your app on my iphone, I struggle to figure out where I am and filter only what I want to see. The difference is night and day. I would love to see it move more towards the way the PS4 app is set up.

• Hi. Your memory must be bad and your grammar is bad too. Fix it or they won't do anything.

• @wildcats411:

The only problems I've had with the roku app is sometimes the queue either comes up blank or shows someone else's. If I close the app and reopen it that usually fixes it. The other is that I just wish that the website and the apps would sync up.

Queue is fixed in the next build, but we don't have an official ETA quite yet. History sync will also be a part of that build.

@xdnow:

More on point, I whole heartily agree about them constantly trying to improve. I've been using the site and apps for just about two years now and It's been nothing but upgrades. Maybe not as fast as we would like but each upgrade has been well worth the wait and way better than what it replaced. Thanks everybody for all your effort. So how about it Sophie, can you give us a little more on when we are getting the new updates? We"re all saying nice things about you. Doesn't that make you feel like we deserve a little treat?

I'm probably saying more than I really should now. ~^ I do really appreciate you being nice, though, seriously. I'll give you this little bit: we've recently switched to doing shorter development sprints, so hopefully you'll see things change little by little more quickly until the much bigger future change. Now, it may not always be where you expect or what you were hoping for, but it'll be something. For example, I have not posted the latest site update summary, but we did recently remove the restriction on having to log in with only your username on devices. Now, you can use either your email address or your username to log in. (The site is still email) If it's easier for you to use your email address on devices, go for it. ^^

@darkraidersd - Could you please elaborate on what you find difficult with Search? I would really appreciate any feedback you might have on that.

@miramiracute - I've found everyone's posts to be understandable. Please be nice to other forum posters.

• @miramiracute:

Your memory must be bad and your grammar is bad too.

!

• Hmmmmm…....Curious, what IS Sophie up to? I am going to let her know that you made me go question the s*%$ out of her!

I hope you are ready for the BURN!!!!!!!!

• One thing that would be nice for the PS3 version is a definable skip interval, sometimes 30 seconds is way too long.

• 10-second skip is coming to PS3 and PS4. ^_^