2015 Amazons of the Animesque Tournament Nominations

• Earlier this year, while 7jaws7 was taking nominees for his 2015 Amazons of Anime tournament and I wanted to nominate the girls from RWBY for the competition, but 7jaws7 rejected it saying that RWBY doesn"t really qualify as an anime, but offered to let me start my own, similar tournament for shows that resemble anime, and that"s what I"m going to do. Welcome to my first annual Amazons of the Animesque tournament, where any strong heroine from your favorite western anime

The rules for nominating are similar to the ones for 7jaws7"s Amazons of Anime tournament:

1. You may nominate a maximum of 15 characters.
    2. You can't nominate more than one heroine from a single anime-esque cartoon.
    3. Be sure to include your nominations' full names, and the anime-esque cartoon they are from.
    4. The cartoon has to resemble an anime. Any western cartoon that purely looks Western is disqualified. DC Animated Universe is allowed as long as it has an anime look to it.
    5. No characters from actual anime. They have their own tournament.

EDIT: Female characters who used to be or turn antagonistic can still qualify, as long as they display acts of heroism. Female anti-heroes that show the ability to fight and put themselves in danger are also allowed. Female villains that acknowledge their bloodlust are disqualified. So no Azula, no Cinder Fall, and no Blackfire.

Slice of life heroines are allowed, but only if they are athletic or intelligent enough to compete in a competition.

Nominations will be open for one week. Afterwards, there'll be a discussion thread posted, and the week after that, the tournament will start.

I shall now be opening nominations but for now, here are some candidates that I already selected myself beforehand.

Katara (Avatar the Last Airbender)
    Toph (Avatar the Last Airbender)
    Suki (Avatar the Last Airbender)
    Starfire (Teen Titans)
    Raven (Teen Titans)
    Ruby Rose (RWBY)
    Weiss Schnee (RWBY)
    Blake Belladonna (RWBY)
    Yang Xiao Long (RWBY)
    Pyrrha Nikos (RWBY)
    Nora Valkyrie (RWBY)
    Coco Adel (RWBY)
    Sam (Totally Spies!)
    Clover (Totally Spies!)
    Alex (Totally Spies!)
    Yumi Ishiyama (Code Lyoko)
    Aileta Hopper (Code Lyoko)
    Penny Polendia (RWBY)
    Glynda Goodwitch (RWBY)

• I don't watch too many western cartoons anymore, so my list is going to be very short. I know you said it has to look like anime, but I'm hoping you'll still be lenient.

Blossom - Powerpuff Girls
    Hawkgirl - Justice League

• Well, Powerpuff Girls is not anime, but it does have an anime spin-off/adaptation so, I'll take her in. And I think I'll add in Hawkgirl as well.

• 1. Cheetara (Thundercats)
    2. Evangelyne (Wakfu)
    3. Korra (The Legend of Korra)
    4. Garnet (Steven Universe)
    5. Kiva (Megas XLR)
    6. Molly (Oban Star-Racers)
    7. Cybersix (Cybersix)
    8. Aeon Flux (Aeon Flux)

• @SpacemanHardy:

3. Korra (The Legend of Korra)

I can't believe I forgot about her.

• Alright so now lets push this a little bit…..how does western made anime-influenced video game characters fit into the spectrum? Legitimate question because Skullgirls is ripe for nominations.

Asami Sato (Legend of Korra)
    Sari (Transformers Animated)
    Pearl (Steven Universe)
    Kimiko Tohomiko (Xiaolin Showdown)
    Bee (Bee and Puppycat)
    Beth Tezuka (Bravest Warriors)
    Gwen Tennyson (Ben 10: Alien Force)
    Elizabeth "Liz" Ricarro (IGPX)
    Wonder Woman (Justice League)
    Terra (Teen Titans)

• @classyspartan:

Elizabeth "Liz" Ricarro (IGPX)

I think IGPX might be an actual anime.

• Ok so just asking to make sure, does Young Justice count as animesque? I would say it isn't but then I remember what Hellsing and Fate and AoT are like and make me question whether or not it could fit the bill.
    Let's see, Raven (check)
    the main cast of rwby (check)
    hawkgirl (check)

Well I think all I care about was voted, I would love to see zatana and archer though.

wait was her name archer? DC character names are wierd (speedy is in fact, not fast afterall)

• Yes, Young Justice counts as animesque. Also, who is Archer?

• @iamshodan:

Yes, Young Justice counts as animesque. Also, who is Archer?

Artemis Lian Crock is her full name.

• @classyspartan:

Artemis Lian Crock is her full name.

Artemis and Zatana for me then. Young Justice is that one show I won't forget because their female characters weren't fanservice characters, unlike a certain amazon, not many other shows actually have good female characters that were overshadowed by the males, the only problem would just be the male:female ratio.

And I'll add… I think it was Ms. Martian.

• @darthrutsula:

Young Justice is that one show I won't forget because their female characters weren't fanservice characters, unlike a certain amazon

You're talking about Wonder Woman right? I hope you're not slut-shaming.

• @iamshodan:

You're talking about Wonder Woman right? I hope you're not slut-shaming.

No I would never shame the third oldest comic-book superhero for her very revealing outfit.

• Then who is this certain Amazon?