Hey Yall.

• Not sure what the etiquette is on intro threads, but looking at others it seems the main theme is how you got into anime and what you like about it. I'll go with that…

I stumbled onto anime a while ago, and was surprised how much I like it. Growing up in the 90s you just assume all cartoons are geared towards kids. I was very wrong, at least concerning anime. Started with what's on netflix and quickly went through Sword Art, Fairytail, and Psychopass. Rosario Vampire and all the panty shots was a bit of a shock. Actually, my initial reaction was, "Whoa, hold the fff up! They can do that?!" My favorite though are the comedies. The over-the-top, exaggerated reactions get me every time. I've burned through about 20 shows on here since getting a subscription, and could use some recommendations. Anything funny will do. And dubbed.

On a side note, is there any way to do a multi-genre search on here, and where would I post a question like that in the future?

• Welcome to the forums. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with. :)

As far as recommendations for comedies go, one of my all-time personal favorites is My Bride is a Mermaid. You might also like Oh! Edo Rocket, D-Frag, Is This a Zombie?, Excel Saga, Shin-Chan, School Rumble, and depending on your tolerance of crude, vulgar humor, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. There's also Prison School, which is currently simulcasting and is getting a broadcast dub, of which a new episode debuts every Wednesday night.

To do multi-genre searches, click the "Stream" tab at the very top of the screen, scroll down to "Featured Shows", click "View All", then pull down the "Genre" tab and scroll though the list of available options. If you ever need any help like this again, feel free to ask me personally or just post a topic in the FUNimation General forum.

• I'm just going to use acronyms for titles already posted because… well... they're long. lol. MBIAM and ITAZ were great. I'll have to add the others to my que. Thanks very much for the recs!

I have a high tolerance for those things. You could even say preference. If Shimoneta had been dubbed, it would have been my favorite so far.

That's the place I do my searches from now. I can do multi-label searches like rating, genre, and language at one time, but I can't seem to do more than one genre at a time. Like say Comedy+Mecha. I tried putting it in the text search like "Comedy,Mecha" but that didn't seem to do the trick either. I appreciate the help though.

• Welcome to the forums. Enjoy posting A couple suggestion I can give that have some comedy moments in them or are just some good shows I would suggest trying out are , The Devil is a Part-timer, Hagani, Yamada's First Time, Ben-to!, Okami-san and her 7 companions, The Sacred Blacksmith and Soul Eater.

• Thanks for the recs. I've seen some of those already, and they were all pretty great. Sometimes I overlook a good show because the name throws me off. I'll check those out too.

• I don't really care for me ha type but I like slice of life, fantasy, romance, comedy. Just a few that are over good and funny that are basically classic are fruits basket, tenchi, yuu yuu hakisho, bleach. Just a few I like but maybe a little on the dark side are trinity seven, black butler, diabolik lovers, deadman wonderland, elfin lied (super gory though, a lot of blood). If your ok with romance and comedy try the host club, school rumble, or anything slice of life really. Just be open minded and enjoy your anime 😀