Shipping Delays

• So I ordered Shakugan No Shana season 3 part 1 limited edition all the way back on August 21st from the FUNimation store. After waiting a week with no email about my order shipping I sent a ticket to support asking what was wrong. I was informed that FUNimation was experiencing shipping delays.

"I have checked the status of your order with our warehouse team, and was informed that your order is currently in the process of being fulfilled. Once your order has shipped, you will receive a confirmation email with tracking information." Is what I was told. I figured that since it was in the "process of being fulfilled" It would most likely ship soon. No such luck however. I wait for another two weeks and still haven't heard anything, so I proceed to send another support ticket this past Thursday night to get information about how long these shipping delays are supposed to last, but now it's Saturday and no one has gotten back to me.

Personally I would just like to have some kind of idea about how much longer I have to wait for my order to ship. I already figured out I can get the same price for the boxset I want on Amazon, and I know if I ordered from them it would have shipped awhile back. I'm not sure if I'm asking this in the right forum but sending support tickets hasn't helped me and I'm really getting annoyed by this now.

• I've ordered the Attack on Titan Collectors set bundle way back in July. I've also inquired about it and pretty much was told the same thing, Was told there is some large warehouse delay and that because I've contacted them a few times now about this issue, the rep would raise some hellsing on my behave. Which is great and all but I'm still working on 3 months that the order is still pending fulfillment. It'd be nice to know what kind of issue could cause a delay in orders for 3 months.

• So there are other people experiencing delays too…Now I'm wondering if I should wait it out or cancel my order, because I don't want to be waiting over three months not being able to spend money on the boxset I want because I'm afraid FUNimation could ship my order anytime.

• I noticed this in an e-mail newsletter I received yesterday from RACS:

And finally, I just wanted to say that I'm glad Sentai is still firing on all cylinders (just look at this weeks new arrivals) because we've hardly gotten a shipment from Funimation going on three weeks now, not even restocks, and all attempts on our part to get someone down there to communicate tangible status updates to us has so far failed. All we are told is that they are having system problems and are working on it, but that has been going on since June.

• @TheAncientOne:

I noticed this in an e-mail newsletter I received yesterday from RACS:

This makes me wonder, if this has been going on since the beginning of summer why hasn't it been resolved? How long can these shipping delays last without it hurting FUNimation's reputation?

• They announced not too long ago that they reached a partnership with Universal, who would be handling their distribution, so maybe that has something to do with the stock issues

• @Riles:

They announced not too long ago that they reached a partnership with Universal, who would be handling their distribution, so maybe that has something to do with the stock issues

Do you happen to have a link to that? I don't recall seeing this.

• If the new partnership is what is causing the shipping delays, why hasn't FUNimation said anything about it or released a statement? I honestly am just waiting to hear from someone that knows what exactly is going on and how much longer I'm going to be forced to wait. I'm not exactly sure how to cancel an order, but that's the next step if nothing changes within the week.

• @aikohiroshi:

If the new partnership is what is causing the shipping delays, why hasn't FUNimation said anything about it or released a statement?

Because the last thing they want to do is show Universal in a bad light. It's better for them to take the heat themselves and grin and bear it than to throw their brand new and immensely powerful benefactor under a bus.

• @Riles:

Sure

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-23/funimation-universal-pictures-enter-distribution-agreement/.89621

It was announced in June, which may or may not be a coincidence

Oh thank you!

It is rather interesting. That could be the source of the trouble…Could not be.

@SpacemanHardy:

Because the last thing they want to do is show Universal in a bad light. It's better for them to take the heat themselves and grin and bear it than to throw their brand new and immensely powerful benefactor under a bus.

This-I am sure if there is some new partnership or something this is just a time of transition that will get ironed out. No sense in assigning blame and causing bad blood right at the start of a deal.

@The OP I had been waiting on my DBZ Season 2 for what seemed like FOREVER but then I got an email last week letting me know it is shipping (Should be here tomorrow yay!) So I take this as a sign that things are clearing up. I would say just keep being patient.

• A quick update:

It seems that the theory about FUNimation having shipping delays because they're setting up a new system with Universal is true. I received an email today finally explaining what was going on and they put my order as high demand as possible to ship while also apologizing "We apologize for the delay. We have been in the process of making our shipping process a better experience for our Fans. This has sadly caused the significant delays you are experiencing. We are working diligently with our warehouse to make sure all of our Fans receive their orders. I shall escalate your order as high as I am able to. You will receive an email with tracking as soon as it ships."

I guess this thread can pretty much be closed now that I have gotten an answer. Thanks for the help everyone!

• This post is deleted!

• I wonder how much this is going to effect at the end of the day. I purchased the Fullmetal Alchemist Collector's edition from the shop here, but if I'm expected to wait a month or two for it to actually arrive then I might as well purchase elsewhere. Seeing as I received no shipping email today I'm already getting concerned.

Edit:
    Good news it seems. I received the shipment confirmation today for that item.

• @CostlyAxis:

I wonder how much this is going to effect at the end of the day. I purchased the Fullmetal Alchemist Collector's edition from the shop here, but if I'm expected to wait a month or two for it to actually arrive then I might as well purchase elsewhere. Seeing as I received no shipping email today I'm already getting concerned.

I would hope things are getting smoothed out. Like I said, I did have to wait about a month for DBZ Season 2 (They said it was on back order so mine might be a different scenario) But it did ship out eventially. The rest shipped out right away. I was originoally told 10 days for the back order, but I am guessing what ever these delays (Universal or w/e) caused it to be longer.

If you do not receive a confirmation soon, I would just email them see whats up.

@the OP It is good you got a response. I hope get it soon. Knowing whats up now I am more forgiving about waiting haha!

• I have to say this sucks, in the same boat as all of you. Tried buying from funimation to show my support for them and this is what we get. Luckily I've been only waiting 3 weeks and complained about how I would like to cancel and reorder during the Labor Day sale, and they did give me the $10 that I would have saved. but I could have bought these dvd's on E-bay or Amazon and had them by now. I probably will not be buying anything from funimation again. That's sad as I said I was trying to show my support for them, and they let me and all of you down big time.

• @maeter999:

I have to say this sucks, in the same boat as all of you. Tried buying from funimation to show my support for them and this is what we get. Luckily I've been only waiting 3 weeks and complained about how I would like to cancel and reorder during the Labor Day sale, and they did give me the $10 that I would have saved. but I could have bought these dvd's on E-bay or Amazon and had them by now. I probably will not be buying anything from funimation again. That's sad as I said I was trying to show my support for them, and they let me and all of you down big time.

Wanting to support Funi is awesome, its the only way they can keep licensing shows (Lack of support saw one of my faves dropped :((((( )

But don't go through ebay man! And if it IS amazon make sure its Amazon and not Joe's anime depot or something so that Funi actually gets the support!

• @priestesstyrande:

But don't go through ebay man! And if it IS amazon make sure its Amazon and not Joe's anime depot or something so that Funi actually gets the support!

I should add that when you buy off of eBay or from an Amazon Marketplace seller, there's always the chance that you'll end up with a bootleg product. The best way to ensure that you get an official release is to buy it either directly from FUNimation's store, from Amazon itself or an Amazon verified seller, or from either RightStuf.com or Robert's Anime Corner Store.

• @SpacemanHardy:

I should add that when you buy off of eBay or from an Amazon Marketplace seller, there's always the chance that you'll end up with a bootleg product. The best way to ensure that you get an official release is to buy it either directly from FUNimation's store, from Amazon itself or an Amazon verified seller, or from either RightStuf.com or Robert's Anime Corner Store.

This is actually a fine point to make. Part of why I mentioned buying right from Amazon, so thank you for the addition SMH!

• I'll be honest I'm going to have a hard time purchasing anything from the funimation store for a while, this is a huge oversight that should not have happened. I have better luck with shipping and delivery on Etsy.

• Yeah…an update from me as well. Still nothing regarding my order being shipped. This is just ridiculous. FUNimation is going to have to do a lot to convince me to buy from them directly again, they've ruined the trust I had.