Strike Witches SAVE

• So I saw they had SAVE editions for Strike WItches 1 and 2. That shouldn't happen yet should it? I mean S2 only a year old here. When I saw it my heart fell to the bottom of my stomach. Maybe they aren't going to bring over the movie… But I had heard the series sold very well. What do you think on the matter?

• I already brought this up in the thread on the movie, but yeah, I don't know if this means we're never getting any more or not.

• I mentioned this in the February Solicitations thread: I'd rather have Strike Witches sell more more poorly in America than in Japan.

• @7jaws7:

I mentioned this in the February Solicitations thread: I'd rather have Strike Witches sell more more poorly in America than in Japan.

So you're only planning on importing the Japanese releases? Some of us don't have that luxury.

• We will have to wait and see what this means for Funimation and the future of the property. At the very least we still have the manga from Seven Seas to look forward too!

• Yea it would be weird to stop the series now with the manga coming over. Other then the movie and new series they plan on making, Funimation may not want to do all that with how Blu-ray is a pain with them. Maybe Sentai Filmworks bought the license from them, would explain the early SAVE.

• @Zeether:

So you're only planning on importing the Japanese releases? Some of us don't have that luxury.

I've already imported the movie, and I fully intend to do the same for the new series and OVA. If FUNi gives us all of that, then I'll absolutely buy their version as well. But they have made it very clear that Strike Witches is not a priority for them, so I'm not going to sit around and wait for something that might not even be licensed. As Soundmonkey44 mentioned, it seems that for now, all we have left are the manga thanks to Seven Seas Entertainment.

• was the JP movie eng subed?

• No, but I already saw it with subs, so it's not like I need them when I already know what they say.

• … It sucks if we don't get a dub then there no sub. I'm expecting that if funimation doesn't bring it over sentai filmworks will. I mean they always continue the series other don't want to.

Also anyone think it weird that the saves are coming out FEB around the same time as the manga for it.

• Maybe it's not low sales and they want to release it alongside the manga to boost it?

• That is a possibility. Yes, I like that answer, let's go with that!

• Seemed like just a coincidence to me.

Maybe I should buy 5 of both SAVE editions to further support the cause, then give them to everyone I know! :P

• I will be buying the SAVE later on since it is truly my favorite series of all time so I want to get the SAVE to put away encase something happened to mine.

Also about the movie… I think funimation supports this series because of the fan service ( I get that from how their trailers ) but the movie didn't really have that.

• I would that the movie is still possible since Aquarion EVOL and Ikki Tousen S3-4 despite the Aquarion and Ikki Tousen S1 being part of the S.A.V.E. line but the chances are really slim.

• agree I mean they could try to release the movie around the same time as save. And since the next series doesn't include the same characters just not do that one.

• I really don't agree with that. Strike Witches is filled with so many different characters beyond the 501st JFW.

• agree. I just mean since the movie has the same main characters to dub it too so the voices are all the same. I would hate for someone else to grab the movie and not have pick at the same voices used in S1 & 2 even thought I feel Lynn didn't sound the same in the JP version of the movie.

• I found this back from 2011… It may have to with this all. http://www.projectharuhi.net/?p=10548
    I don't really think strike witches is that fan-servicy compared to the other animes series they bring over. If they don't bring over the movie someone else would… right?

It said in the article this:
    Lance had another big announcement. "As the icing on the cake, I'm proud to announce that Funimation will no longer be licensing terrible anime. No more Strike Witches, Dragonaut or Sacred Blacksmith. You see, we were kinda hoping people would buy these fanservice-heavy shows if we simply stuck enough scantily clad girls and giant robots on the DVD cover art. But, to be honest, that kind of marketing approach is extremely insulting to anime fans. We've decided to stop treating our audience like drooling pubescant children and start offering products that have quality stories instead of panty shots."

• @dark_chaos:

I found this back from 2011… It may have to with this all. http://www.projectharuhi.net/?p=10548
    I don't really think strike witches is that fan-servicy compared to the other animes series they bring over. If they don't bring over the movie someone else would… right?

It said in the article this:
    Lance had another big announcement. "As the icing on the cake, I'm proud to announce that Funimation will no longer be licensing terrible anime. No more Strike Witches, Dragonaut or Sacred Blacksmith. You see, we were kinda hoping people would buy these fanservice-heavy shows if we simply stuck enough scantily clad girls and giant robots on the DVD cover art. But, to be honest, that kind of marketing approach is extremely insulting to anime fans. We've decided to stop treating our audience like drooling pubescant children and start offering products that have quality stories instead of panty shots."

…That article is a joke. Click the link at the bottom that supposedly takes you to the Funimation Update Blog it goes to a picture saying "April Fools," which should confirm that it's not a serious article if the comments about some supposed licenses and Funi streaming in Australia and England didn't give it away since those things never happened. Pretty sure Lance never said any of that.

• Really that good to know. I guess it also doesn't make any sense for a series to do badly if the merchandise does amazing over here. I'm just all worried since I saw the SAVE, barley can sleep lol. Strike Witches just means a lot to me. I love Moe Military series. :D