FUNimation & Giant Ape New Title Solicitations (December '15)

• Daimidaler Complete Series (Blu-ray/DVD)
    http://shop.funimation.com/The-Complete-Series_129

Fairy Tail Part 18 (Blu-ray/DVD)
    http://shop.funimation.com/Part-Eighteen

Haganai Season One - Anime Classics (Blu-ray/DVD)
    http://shop.funimation.com/Season-One-Anime-Classics_4

One Piece Season 7 Part 4 (DVD)
    http://shop.funimation.com/Season-Seven-Voyage-Four

Riddle Story of Devil Complete Series (DVD)
    http://shop.funimation.com/The-Complete-Series_128

Riddle Story of Devil LE (DVD)
    http://shop.funimation.com/The-Complete-Series-Limited-Edition_25

Nothing for me here. I really thought that there would be at least one thing I would get in the holiday months, but I guess not. Hopefully some other release will be announced at a later date, but if not, I can finally dump all of my money into Aniplex. :)

Rumors: the release dates cut off at the 15th, so maybe there'll be something else.

• I definitely remain hopeful that their may be a little more to this later on (like how Resurrection F was added to the pretty small October lineup to make it a little meatier) but yeah. Seriously though, we're kind of at the point where releases from them are surprisingly far and few each month and it's getting a little annoying now it seems. Hopefully they add more stuff later but right now pretty baron.

• I love Haganai so im pretty excited about that, only hoping that it isn't a save edition even though it probably is. (I personally hate the save editions). I was expecting Date a live 2 and Terror in Resonance to be on here because both were announced for this year but hopefully later in the month they will be announced.

• @kiraandl:

I love Haganai so im pretty excited about that, only hoping that it isn't a save edition even though it probably is.

I've been trying to figure out what it is, and I can't do it. It's at a really odd MSRP of $50, which, as far as I can tell, hasn't ever been used before in Funimation re-releases. Classics around 25 episodes are at $55 (Steins;Gate, Spice & Wolf), Classics around 12 episodes are $35 (Deadman Wonderland, Lain), and SAVEs around 25 episodes are $35 (Shiki). Maybe it's a Classics for season 1 with some goodies?

• @classyspartan:

Hopefully they add more stuff later but right now pretty baron.

I agree. Here's the problem with this December (if nothing else is added): there's no pushing force. Last year, it was Cowboy Bebop. Cowboy Bebop for Christ's sake. Are there a bunch of people rushing out to get their copies of Daimidaler or Riddle Story of Devil like they did Cowboy Bebop? No!

There are so many popular titles right now (that aren't standard season releases) they could release. If this is it, I'm genuinely disappointed in you, FUNi.

• @bossman12340:

Here's the problem with this December (if nothing else is added): there's no pushing force.

Well, aside from One Piece and Fairy Tail, which are two of their biggest sellers right now. But I guess those don't fit your narrative as well

• @Riles:

One Piece and Fairy Tail

Hm. I see where you are coming from, as I kind of worded that wrong.

What I meant is a type of new or unconventional release. One Piece and Fairy Tail are pretty standard for basically every season, am I wrong?

• @bossman12340:

There are so many popular titles right now they could release

I'm expecting Funi to drop a big title. It is December, aka Christmas time, so I don't understand why there isn't a big title. I'm expecting either a Collectors Edition of a big show there isn't a collectors edition of or a release of Steins gate movie, Haruhi, or Code Geass. I just can't believe that this is all they are releasing in December.

• @kiraandl:

I'm expecting Funi to drop a big title. It is December, aka Christmas time, so I don't understand why there isn't a big title. I'm expecting either a Collectors Edition of a big show there isn't a collectors edition of or a release of Steins gate movie, Haruhi, or Code Geass. I just can't believe that this is all they are releasing in December.

it's too early to assume this is all that is being released. their full release slate is always revealed around the 15th of each month. amazon Canada just leaked these things a couple weeks in advance

• Hoping on Date A Live 2 to make the final list

• This post is deleted!

• Updated.

Wow, I guess that's the basis of what we're getting this month. Whatever happened to Terror in Resonance, FUNi?

• What a joke. For whatever reason Haganai is overpriced, Riddle of story devil doesn't even get a blu ray (which idc too much about), and they don't include Terror in Resonance or any good shows/ bundles during CHRISTMAS SEASON. Very disappointed, I'm praying that Funimation is just trolling us right now and has a secret product that they are waiting to announce, which more than likely isn't the case. Also Psycho Pass 2 and Laughing Cloud probably have home releases coming out soon too, right? They both were broadcast dubs so I don't see why Funi wouldn't be able to release them for December to at least beef up the line up. I am very annoyed at the fact that there is nothing that is worth my buy except for Haganai, which I might not buy because it's $10 dollars more expensive than other classic series with 12 episodes.

• ^ Just because a show got a broadcast dub does not mean it gets a physical release earlier. They still have to go through all the licensing red tape and other stuff like they do for every other show. Plus they also have to go back and tidy up any problems with the dub to make sure it's ready for the home release.

• Bummer guess this means that the only im getting anime wise is Love Live The Movie (subbed) imported from Japan. Oh well just have to check again in November

• Eh. I already own haganai and riddle story only on dvd is a bummer. At least the uncensored daimidaler should be up soon.

• Meh, I'm disappointed in this line up but I'm honestly only really looking forward to Eva 3.33 and the Steins;Gate movie, so I feel like I can't complain that much. shrug It's my own problem that my buying interests are so narrow.

• @SpacemanHardy:

^ Just because a show got a broadcast dub does not mean it gets a physical release earlier. They still have to go through all the licensing red tape and other stuff like they do for every other show. Plus they also have to go back and tidy up any problems with the dub to make sure it's ready for the home release.

Thanks for that info. I always assumed the reason it took a while for shows to get home released was because it takes a while for it to be dubbed.

• I haven't been really excited about a Funimation release Schedule in a while, All I have Bought this year from them, including preorders are:

Freezing Vibration
    FMA: Brotherhood BD 1 & 2 +OVA
    FMA: Sacred Star of Milos
    Buddy Complex (preorder)

and that's it.

• @kiraandl:

Tokyo Ghoul collectors edition release date December 30th

That sounds more like a placeholder than anything else.