Strike Witches The Movie

• So why is it taking forever to release the movie in English dub? Its September and I thought it was to be released this year? There is 3 more months till 2016.

• That what I like to know to its been years since its been out

• Trust me it's not getting released this year. I had to check to make sure but Funimation DOES still hold the rights to the movie, but in typical Funimation Entertainment fashion, it takes quite a while to release it.

Seriously, I guarantee you there's at least ONE title that everyone is still waiting for. Steins;Gate movie, Psycho Pass movie, Code Geass and Haruhi releases, and don't even get me STARTED on Evangelion 3.33.

They got the rights to the movie but believe me, unless they surprise everyone and add it to their December release calendar, you're not gonna be seeing that movie dubbed by the end of 2015.

• I had to do something I DID NOT want to do. I went to YouTube yes YouTube to watch the movie in subtitles and I hate subtitles. I am sorry I did this. I wanted to hear Jaime Marchi again do Shirley Yeager voice in a new anime. Why can we have this?

• There is more licensed Strike Witches content if you don't mind graphic novels. It's not much, but it's better than nothing: http://www.gomanga.com/books/strike-witches/139

As far as the anime goes…all I can suggest as a fellow fan is patience. Like classyspartan said, it's NOT just Strike Witches that's stuck in purgatory.

• @7jaws7:

There is more licensed Strike Witches content if you don't mind graphic novels. It's not much, but it's better than nothing: http://www.gomanga.com/books/strike-witches/139

As far as the anime goes…all I can suggest as a fellow fan is patience. Like classyspartan said, it's NOT just Strike Witches that's stuck in purgatory.

But sometimes patience can wear thin and sometimes run out. On this and seeing Arise also in english dub my patience is going away like the extinction of the Doo Doo Bird. About the Manga I can't afford them.

• @Hanssen01:

I had to do something I DID NOT want to do. I went to YouTube yes YouTube

gasp No!

• The Movie and while we're at it, where's the Dub for "Operation Victory Arrow"?

• @Spacebird77:

where's the Dub for "Operation Victory Arrow"?

It hasn't even been licensed.

• So any new on when it will be release or would it be faster by now just to re-draw a shot for shot re-make of the movie

• Might as well grab your pencils.

• Well I have the right to make petitions and post them where they are pertained to. I made this petition to get Funimation to dub the movie. Here is the link to my petition:

https://www.change.org/p/funimation-christina-miller-from-the-fans-of-strike-witches

This is not SPAM and I have the right to post that link here.

• Why do you have the petition addressed to Christina Miller? She has nothing to do with licensing or dub decisions. She's in Customer Service.

• Maybe I'm the only one laughing at that response, but its gotta be my new signature.

• I'm not signing, cuz its pointless and wont actually get anything accomplished, but good luck anyway

• @Sophie:

Why do you have the petition addressed to Christina Miller? She has nothing to do with licensing or dub decisions. She's in Customer Service.

Something that Change.org does. I didn't know who is in charge of the Production part of Funimation. Thats why I added Christina to the list of contacts.

• @Getchman:

I'm not signing, cuz its pointless and wont actually get anything accomplished, but good luck anyway

So by not signing it you don't want to support getting it dubbed?

• @Hanssen01:

I'm pretty certain most people here just aren't that big a fan of the series…

But as someone who is, I'd like to give you a some reasons to ease off the gas pedal on this topic:

1. FUNimation has the license for the Strike Witches Movie.
    2. FUNimation has dubbed nearly everything they have acquired.
    3. The Strike Witches Movie is not the only product currently on the back-burner.
    4. Kadokawa is ultimately in charge of the movie, not FUNimation.
    5. FUNimation can't dub without getting the materials from the aforementioned company.

I'm glad you're trying to take the initiative, but the fact of the matter is that petitions regarding anime are as meaningless as they sound.

• @Hanssen01:

Well I have the right to make petitions and post them where they are pertained to. I made this petition to get Funimation to dub the movie. Here is the link to my petition:

This is not SPAM and I have the right to post that link here.

We really appreciate your enthusiasm for Strike Witches and for Funimation. We're also always honored when fans believe that Funimation is the best company for a dub job.

That being said, while It's true that at the time of posting your petition link did not break any specific rules. By saying "this list is not exhaustive" and "Asking users to vote for another user on another website, to give referrals to win iPads or Xbox 360s, or similar." under "What is Spam?", we had intended on that including petitions.

Because of this event, the list now does include petitions. Because this is a clarification of the rules, we will not delete or edit the post you have here in this thread for it, but please do not post it elsewhere in the forum. Please do not also put it in your signature since the site does break the rules as they are now.

• @Hanssen01:

I'd like a dub, but most of all, I just want to be able to buy it. If a petition had any chance of actually working, I'd have already signed it. But they don't, so there's no point in doing something meaningless

• I think it would be easy to break into FUni on elephant back to take a copy then getting a petition to work

And what the hell are they waiting for the rapture