Soul Eater Not! getting anime adaptation

• The spinoff manga of Soul Eater, Soul Eater Not!, is getting an anime adaptation.
    http://www.fandompost.com/2013/11/14/soul-eater-not-manga-getting-anime-adaptation/

• That's… Really surprising. I've read a bit of it so far, and it doesn't seem like something that will do well. Guess we'll see.

I'd honestly rather they go back and remake Soul Eater and have it actually copy the manga, since the manga's story is significantly better.

• I believe it's still yet to be 'officially' announced, but between the teasing of 'something' coming for Not, a website being listed for it, and a voice actress (in Japan) having it on her resume…yeah, we're getting a Soul Eater Not! anime.

I'm a little surprised too. There's not a whole lot of the manga out yet, so it seems like a better idea to go back and do a 'Brotherhood' take on the main anime, and then, if the series is far enough along by that point, maybe do something with Not. I just don't get the decision-making process at times like this.

• There's not a whole lot of the manga out yet, so it seems like a better idea to go back and do a 'Brotherhood' take on the main anime, and then, if the series is far enough along by that point, maybe do something with Not. I just don't get the decision-making process at times like this.

Personally, I'm glad we're getting this over a "Soul Eater Brotherhood." If we're going to have another Soul Eater anime, I'd much rather it have something unique behind it instead of being another uninspired "We've gotta animate the ENTIRE manga" thing.

• I don't believe we'll ever get that full adaptation. FMA was definitely a unique case, but it seems like it's gotten other fans' hopes too high that their own favorite shounen series will get the same treatment.

• @7jaws7:

I don't believe we'll ever get that full adaptation. FMA was definitely a unique case, but it seems like it's gotten other fans' hopes too high that their own favorite shounen series will get the same treatment.

I'm not sure it's that much of a long shot. I mean, FMA Brotherhood did absurdly well and is considered one of the best animes around, so it does seem logical that trying it with another manga is a possibility. It basically allows them to make even more money off something if it's popular, because they can sell the manga, the anime, and then another version of the anime. Won't work every time, obviously, but I think it has a chance to work with Soul Eater. Plus, the Soul Eater manga is published by Gangan Comics, the same company that published FMA, and the studio that made the anime, Bones, also made the FMA anime. So it does seem like now is as good a time as any to try it again and see if the same lightning strikes twice.

That being said, it is unlikely, but the anime is so vastly different than the manga in this situation and it has a lot in common with FMA, just seems like if there were to be another series that gets "Brotherhooded" this would be it.

• I would say it's about middle-ground really. Brotherhood does set a precedent for there being a CHANCE of other manga series being re-visited and adapted properly, but it would still only happen to insanely popular series. And Soul Eater, while not on the level of FMA probably, is pretty well known and liked, so chances are it does have a good chance to happen. At least, that's how I see it.

On topic though, it's been officially confirmed!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-07/bones-animates-soul-eater-not-anime

• wow i love soul eater ive read all the books and i dont think i can leave it just yet

• ya i understand the whole brotherhood style dilemma but the manga keeps going past the defeat of the keishin and thats frustrating that funimation stops show or ends them without going on.

• @vergipoet:

ya i understand the whole brotherhood style dilemma but the manga keeps going past the defeat of the keishin and thats frustrating that funimation stops show or ends them without going on.

Soul Eater was made by a studio called Bones. Funimation only translated it form Japanese to English and released it in North America

• I can't wait to watch it. I hope i get to see all the originals characters too!!! :)

• OHHHH! I loved the first couple manga I have read for this! Please tell me they are going to dub it eventually (I don't like reading my anime)

• I've read up to the 28th chapter of SE N O T ! and I love it! I can honestly say that I'm very excited to finally get to watch the anime. If they do as well a job with the anime like with the manga, then I can already tell it's going to be a big hit. People just need to give it chance.

• I haven't read the manga, but from the impression form the episode. Is this a non romantic lesbian harem. A female weapon has to choose two female meisters? Is that the premese? So are more female meisters going to appear?

• Read a bit of the manga. It was ok but didn't keep me interested for long. But gave this a shot. And it actually made me want to pick up the manga again. Off 1 episode I enjoyed it so far. I'll be sticking with it for a bit and see how it goes.

• Just me or does the opening sound like the Digimon Xros Wars: Young Hunters opening.

• Okay, I've caught up to the latest simulcast (ep 6) and I have to say, I'm simultaneously happy with and disappointed by this anime. Haven't read the SE NOT manga, so I'm new to the spinoff and didn't know not to look forward to a story in the same mold as SE. However, despite it being the cutesy loli-yuri type show I normally avoid, it does have enough to keep me interested. I gotta say though, I want them to get past personal-issue-of-the-week stories and get on with an actual story arc. I'm assuming that's what we're being teased with by the Traitor side-story.

• "Free market?" I know it's Engrish-y and free market sort of makes sense, but I think it's supposed to be flea market…

• @TheRucati:

That's… Really surprising. I've read a bit of it so far, and it doesn't seem like something that will do well. Guess we'll see.

I'd honestly rather they go back and remake Soul Eater and have it actually copy the manga, since the manga's story is significantly better.

Yes Yes and yes is my answer to this. I haven't yet finished reading but Ive watched twice then thought Id watch Soul eater not. However there was so many things that didn't make sense!!! for people who have only watched and not read soul eater not doesn't make sense!!!

That why they need to do a remake and copy the manga!