Bruce Faulconer coming back for Dragonball Super when it get English Dub?

• Ok so recently Bruce Faulconer posted this Tweet "Thanks everyone for the recent tweets about DragonBall Z. It would be great to participate in more DBZ!" Here the link: https://twitter.com/brucefaulconer/status/593428962199535616 … So Could come back Bruce Faulconer his Music was EPIC! For DBS When it get Dub in English... Unlike the crap we got in DBZ CRAP Kai...

• Simply put, ain't happening.

Dragon Ball Z was marketed at a time where anime was kind of trying to adapt to trying to be a new thing where lots of different translations and interpretations of the script were ultimately changed overtime. The music itself was also changed and dubbed over for reasons at a time where the industry itself was a completely different game. Even if you liked Faulconer's music anime dubbing has evolved past changing music or censoring signs of Japanese culture for a younger audience. Faulconer's got some dope tracks I won't lie but simply put DB Super's music has no need or no reason to actually CHANGE.

Honestly I think the only reason you dislike the Kai music is because it's the OLD DBZ soundtrack. It worked way back when, but nowadays it's a little dated and a lot of it REALLY wasn't meant to match Kai. The reason being because the original composer for DBZ Kai was caught in a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE COPYRIGHT SCANDAL where a large chunk of his music was straight up plagiarized from other songs, games, and artists.

Believe me Bruce Faulconer did good music, but in this day and age anime music in almost EVERY SINGLE DUB is left in tact, with the only exceptions ever being dubbed over character insert songs. The OPs/EDs, alongside the OST is most likely going to remain intact, and I doubt they're gonna bring back Fauconer.

• @classyspartan:

Simply put, ain't happening.

Dragon Ball Z was marketed at a time where anime was kind of trying to adapt to trying to be a new thing where lots of different translations and interpretations of the script were ultimately changed overtime. The music itself was also changed and dubbed over for reasons at a time where the industry itself was a completely different game. Even if you liked Faulconer's music anime dubbing has evolved past changing music or censoring signs of Japanese culture for a younger audience. Faulconer's got some dope tracks I won't lie but simply put DB Super's music has no need or no reason to actually CHANGE.

Honestly I think the only reason you dislike the Kai music is because it's the OLD DBZ soundtrack. It worked way back when, but nowadays it's a little dated and a lot of it REALLY wasn't meant to match Kai. The reason being because the original composer for DBZ Kai was caught in a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE COPYRIGHT SCANDAL where a large chunk of his music was straight up plagiarized from other songs, games, and artists.

Believe me Bruce Faulconer did good music, but in this day and age anime music in almost EVERY SINGLE DUB is left in tact, with the only exceptions ever being dubbed over character insert songs. The OPs/EDs, alongside the OST is most likely going to remain intact, and I doubt they're gonna bring back Fauconer.

Uh no… No I hate Kai for MORE reason then that... And no Bruce Faulconer was WAYYYYY better... And that did not changed I have the Blue Ray and it on there...

• @gohan6425:

Uh no… No I hate Kai for MORE reason then that... And no Bruce Faulconer was WAYYYYY better... And that did not changed I have the Blue Ray and it on there...

Alright then why exactly DO you hate Kai then? Is it because they changed the voice actors? Like my god man I love the old DBZ just as much as anyone but I can't deny that the dub for DBZ Kai personally just sounds more refined. Like the actors had gained a lot of experience over the years and really perfected their characters in Kai, alongside the changes to characters such as FREIZA especially being a very welcome change.

Regardless, I don't know of the contents of the recent DBZ Blu-Rays, because I recall a lot of the music in the content of the Orange Box sets was the Japanese OST. Either way, I personally think it's very unlikely to see Bruce Faulconer reappearing in any future Dragon Ball music anytime soon. Truthfully, DBZ doesn't even need it anymore. Both Battle of Gods and Resurrection F didn't use his music and they still had pretty good tracks. Hell, they got Maximum the Hormone's amazing Freiza song in that movie for christ's sake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgFlQq3jfWU

• @classyspartan:

Alright then why exactly DO you hate Kai then? Is it because they changed the voice actors? Like my god man I love the old DBZ just as much as anyone but I can't deny that the dub for DBZ Kai personally just sounds more refined. Like the actors had gained a lot of experience over the years and really perfected their characters in Kai, alongside the changes to characters such as FREIZA especially being a very welcome change.

Regardless, I don't know of the contents of the recent DBZ Blu-Rays, because I recall a lot of the music in the content of the Orange Box sets was the Japanese OST. Either way, I personally think it's very unlikely to see Bruce Faulconer reappearing in any future Dragon Ball music anytime soon. Truthfully, DBZ doesn't even need it anymore. Both Battle of Gods and Resurrection F didn't use his music and they still had pretty good tracks. Hell, they got Maximum the Hormone's amazing Freiza song in that movie for christ's sake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgFlQq3jfWU

Yes that get 2 choice to which music you wanted… The Japan's or Bruce You know which I pick...Anyway if there alot of Demand it could happen... His music made it alot better... Music make thing better for scene when that need to be...And I think it would better if the brought Bruce back...

• It won't happen. Replacing musical tracks is a dark age anime localisation practice **that is widely frowned upon today. It's one of the deadly sins of dubbing, up there with changing character names and censoring violence. Almost all mainstream anime publishing companies have disavowed replacement tracks. Only the weirdos over at The Pokemon Company International have failed to catch up with the times.

Of course, you're free to like Bruce Faulconer's music* more than what the Japanese version has to offer. I can even understand why some fans would want a replacement score for Dragon Ball Super. So far, the show has featured some of the weakest music the franchise has ever had. Norihito Sumitomo consistently falls short of coming up with memorable melodies. Mostly, his tracks provide harmless background ambiance, and never leave much of an impression. His work doesn't even begin to measure up to Shunsuke Kikuchi's timeless classical compositions, or even Kenji Yamamoto's plagiarized arrangements. That being said, I still wouldn't want to see his work replaced, That would simply set a bad precedent in the anime industry and turn the show into something it's not.

As a side note, I feel it's worth noting that Bruce Faulconer wasn't actually responsible for all of Funimation's Dragon Ball Z music. He only started composing music for the show at around episode 68. Nathan Johnson scored the first 67 episodes before that.*

• @ParkerL:

It won't happen. Replacing musical tracks is a dark age anime localisation practice **that is widely frowned upon today. It's one of the deadly sins of dubbing, up there with changing character names and censoring violence. Almost all mainstream anime publishing companies have disavowed replacement tracks. Only the weirdos over at The Pokemon Company International have failed to catch up with the times.

Of course, you're free to like Bruce Faulconer's music* more than what the Japanese version has to offer. I can even understand why some fans would want a replacement score for Dragon Ball Super. So far, the show has featured some of the weakest music the franchise has ever had. Norihito Sumitomo consistently falls short of coming up with memorable melodies. Mostly, his tracks provide harmless background ambiance, and never leave much of an impression. His work doesn't even begin to measure up to Shunsuke Kikuchi's timeless classical compositions, or even Kenji Yamamoto's plagiarized arrangements. That being said, I still wouldn't want to see his work replaced, That would simply set a bad precedent in the anime industry and turn the show into something it's not.

*As a side note, I feel it's worth noting that Bruce Faulconer wasn't actually responsible for all of Funimation's Dragon Ball Z music. He only started composing music for the show at around episode 68. Nathan Johnson scored the first 67 episodes before that.

That b/c of the redub which did not come until 2005… Also I disagree it not BAD thing to changed music and I think Bruce Faulconer's music would be better for DBS... It help DBZ and it would only help DBS... The music was better sorry but it truth...**

• @gohan6425:

The music was better sorry but it truth…

No, it opinion.

Just because you liked it better doesn't make it objectively superior. There are quite a few DBZ fans who frankly thought the Bruce Falcouner score was highly generic and greatly prefer the original soundtrack.

Diff'rent strokes fer diff'rent folks 'n all that.

• @SpacemanHardy:

No, it opinion.

Just because you liked it better doesn't make it objectively superior. There are quite a few DBZ fans who frankly thought the Bruce Falcouner score was highly generic and greatly prefer the original soundtrack.

Diff'rent strokes fer diff'rent folks 'n all that.

Well the people talk to like Bruce Falcouner music better… It kept into the fights with background and all the main chatacar theme songs he we EVER had... Just look at Cell Music it most play be song b/ it define a truth villain theme Bruce Falcouner got it right will Cell... And Let not forget the SS Songs though where EPIC... Also the background music when you know some epic speech was about to be said...Like "I am the Hope of the Whole Universe"...

• I wouldn't expect it to happen, but I do find that disappointing. To me the Faulconer was certainly superior to the Japanese counterpart, and it very much enhanced the show itself. Watching some of the climactic moments with the Japanese music while having a memory of the same scenes with Faulconer's music just leaves me feeling let down; his music often actually matched what you were seeing and made said moments all the more epic.

I actually find that I often really like the original music of most shows, but Dragon Ball (all iterations) has always been, to me, anything ranging from "meh" to distracting and fairly bad. When it's clear that the majority of the NA audience grew up with Faulconer and loved his music to the point that it's often the most liked comment under any DB Super posting, I don't think there's anything wrong with dubbing the music as well… It's made specifically for said audience anyway, and if you're going to dub the voices I don't see why changing the music matters. It's silly to pretend, after all, that there isn't a rather massive cultural divide at times with music, and no one on either side of the pacific thinks the current music is particularly good to begin with.

But yeah, it almost certainly won't be happening, which is a shame. :(

• I personally really liked the Bruce Faulconer soundtrack when it came to dbz and continue to this day to switch to it when watching. However for the newer stuff I prefer to have the original soundtrack no matter what anime im watching.

• I noticed on funimation is switches to falcouner for a few episodes (that tournament hosted by the grand Kai) then returns to the original. Odd.