Fall Simulcast Prediction Thread

• Alright, so once again this is a bit early to post this as there's still a decent number of unknowns, but even as early as Anime Expo we had a LOT of new info come out about returning seasons/spinoffs alongside some acquisition announcements from the earlier months. Keep this thing simple and clean, and just write it out while I still got time on my hands (as school starts up on Tuesday for me again).

So first let's get the definitely confirmed shows out of the way.

Pony Canyon
    Lance N' Masques

Confirmed way back in Spring, they've got rights to this one.

Viz Media
    One Punch Man
    K: Return of Kings

Viz Media surprising everyone in their very early rights acquisition of my most anticipated show of the season. But yeah good to see Viz is still in the game, alongside getting the 2nd Season of K Project too.

AniUSA
    The Asterisk War

Also confirmed was that Aniplex USA has The Asterisk War also way back when. See already before I've begun we got a handful of confirmed rights, alongside a pretty big Plethora of new seasons for early and easy predictions for some. Now with the CONFIRMED titles out of the way, let's start with some speculation.

Aniplex USA
    The Asterisk War
    Owarimonogatari
    Concrete Revolutio
    Everything Becomes F: The Perfect Insider

Asterisk War was confirmed a while back, and a new Monogatari season is obvious grabs for Aniplex. The other shows, both Concrete Revolution and The Perfect Insider have been confirmed for both Daisuki and Crunchyroll. This already pretty much rules out Funimation for both shows, and with Daisuki and God Eater last season it wouldn't be too shocking for them to also grab Concrete Revolutio as it's been confirmed for a probably timed Daisuki exclusive.

Sentai Filmworks
    Haikyuu!! Season 2
    Diabolik Lovers More, Blood
    Is This Order a Rabbit??
    DD Fist of the North Star 2
    Dance with Devils
    A Chivalry of the Failed Knight
    Heavy Object
    Hot Spring Fairy Hakone-chan
    The Case of My Abduction as a "Commoner Sample" by a School for Rich Ladies

Four of those are new seasons of previous acquisitions, while the rest strike me as likely guesses that could really go between either Sentai Filmworks or their other Texas competitor…..

Funimation
    Noragami Aragato
    Garo: Crimson Moon
    Rainy Cocoa Season 2
    Attack on Titan Junior High
    Aria the Scarlet Ammo Double A
    Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign (2nd Cour)
    Anti-Magic Academy "The 35th Test Platoon"
    A Corpse is Buried Under Sakurako's Feet
    Young Black Jack
    Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid
    Comet Lucifer
    High School Star Musical
    Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen (?)

Top Six are all new seasons and spinoffs of shows that seem like very likely pickups, with a 7th one that is plausible but I don't fully believe. They have the rights to the previous Utawareumono but I honestly am not sure if they'll go for it if it didn't really do all that great in terms of sales and stuff (remember the new Fafner that they chose not to pick up). Rest are all guesses that strike me as plausible.

So what are your predictions for this Simulcast season? Leave your thoughts in the replies.

• I'm thinking Young Black Jack and Utawarerumono will both go to Sentai. Black Jack is airing on TBS, meaning it's more likely to be licensed by Crunchyroll and later picked up by Sentai. Also, Sentai previously licensed that Black Jack spinoff called Ray a few years back.

As for Utawarerumono, it was originally an ADV show before FUNi got it, and FUNi never really seemed to do all that much with it, seeing as it was among the vast pile of Sojitz titles they were swarmed with back in the day.

I also think FUNi will get Heavy Object instead of Sentai, as it's from the same creator as Railgun and Index.

Oh, and I suspect that NIS America will get the third season of Yuru Yuri too.

• @SpacemanHardy:

I'm thinking Young Black Jack and Utawarerumono will both go to Sentai. Black Jack is airing on TBS, meaning it's more likely to be licensed by Crunchyroll and later picked up by Sentai. Also, Sentai previously licensed that Black Jack spinoff called Ray a few years back.

As for Utawarerumono, it was originally an ADV show before FUNi got it, and FUNi never really seemed to do all that much with it, seeing as it was among the vast pile of Sojitz titles they were swarmed with back in the day.

I also think FUNi will get Heavy Object instead of Sentai, as it's from the same creator as Railgun and Index.

Oh, and I suspect that NIS America will get the third season of Yuru Yuri too.

If Utawarerumono doesn't get picked by Funimation that won't surprise me. Heavy Object I just picked since J.C. Staff shows seemed to flip flop. Danmachi and Food Wars both went to Sentai in Spring, while SHIMONETA and Prison School both went to Funimation in summer.

As for Yuru Yuri, I'm curious whether or not Pony Canyon will attempt to try and do what Aniplex USA did with Wagnaria this season, or if they don't nearly have enough influence or funds to try and take back another show already licensed by another distributor.

• Also I noticed you didn't have Komari-san listed anywhere.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Also I noticed you didn't have Komari-san listed anywhere.

It's still a month early so I didn't include some shows simply because there's a chance a lot of them will be shorts. Granted theres been a couple more pickups for short series in the past few seasons but most of the time they just either end up on Crunchyroll or unlicensed. It's also the same author as I Can't Understand What My Husband is Saying, which was also a short anime series.

• Here's an early one to add to the Winter season: Snow White with the Red Hair's second half will start in January.

• Um….

The new Steins:Gate series. And it will most certainly get a broadcast dub.

I mean, to NOT pick that up and simulcast it would pretty much be a kick in the nuts to a hell of a lot of people.

• @dougswisher:

Um….

I mean, to NOT pick that up and simulcast it would pretty much be a kick in the nuts to a hell of a lot of people.

Wait, what are you talking about? When does that even come out?

• @bossman12340:

Wait, what are you talking about? When does that even come out?

Doug's jumping the gun more than a little bit. There's a new season called Steins;Gate 0, but its release date hasn't been announced yet. It certainly isn't airing this Fall.

• @dougswisher:

Um….

Pretty sure that the new Steins;Gate series WILL definitely get picked up by Funimation alongside the other anime adaptations of the Science Adventure animes did, but don't expect that news any time soon, because I don't even know if the GAME of Steins;Gate 0 has come out let alone any updates on the anime adaptation. No trailer, no studio, no director, no producer and no release time frame have been announced so don't expect any news from that this season.

• I think the game gets released later this month

• @SpacemanHardy:

its release date hasn't been announced yet. It certainly isn't airing this Fall.

The VN releases on 11/19, and considering the anime series was announced at the same time, I wouldn't be so certain it too won't make a Winter release. Maybe Spring of 16, but I wouldn't bet money on it being any later than that.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Here's an early one to add to the Winter season: Snow White with the Red Hair's second half will start in January.

Not trying to start Winter early, but I found out that Dimension W is ALSO going to be coming out in Winter too. So that makes TWO for Funimation from the get go.

• If Funimation is still into trying to branch out into live-action shows, I think this one starting in this upcoming season might be up their alley: a live-action adaptation of Prison School (since they already have rights for the anime). Here is a link depicting the cast of the live-action production.

• As is surprising to no one, FUNimation apparently announced at Dragon Con that they've picked up Noragami season 2:

https://twitter.com/danfandino/status/640236766205755392

• @SpacemanHardy:

As is surprising to no one, FUNimation apparently announced at Dragon Con that they've picked up Noragami season 2:

https://twitter.com/danfandino/statu…36766205755392

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFzLd8EK3sU

So that gives everyone at least ONE confirmed show now it seems except for Sentai.

Aniplex USA
    The Asterisk War

Funimation
    Noragami Aragato

Pony Canyon
    Lance N' Masques

Viz Media
    One Punch Man

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzmFKUDOUgw

Alright I know this isn't an announcement or anything of the sorts but….....shit man I've been looking forward to One Punch Man for a while now and I am so absolutely excited about how awesome this looks now. I can't wait man. One month away!

• FUNi's really getting the obvious ones out early this year. In a single blog post, they confirmed rights for Noragami, Aria, and Seraph.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2015/09/08/fall-simulcast-season-is-heating-up

• Damn it Hardy you beat me to it.

But yeah, FUNi got some early announcements this year which is cool, since Aniplex is usually the first to go. But yeah, Seraph and Noragami seemed obvious, but Aria AA was the only sort of 50/50 possibility. But it is nice to see it already got confirmed to ease that out of my mind. I don't need to add One Piece or Fairy Tail to the chart because you KNEW they were holding onto those!

Aniplex USA
    The Asterisk War

Funimation
    Noragami Aragato
    Aria The Scarlet Ammo AA
    Seraph of the End: Battle in Nagoya

Pony Canyon
    Lance N' Masques

Viz Media
    One Punch Man

• I"m just going to leave behind these obvious ones.

Daisuki/Sunrise Youtube
    Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans

Crunchyroll
    World Trigger: Fugitives from Another World

• @sasword:

Daisuki/Sunrise Youtube
    Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans

See this one I'm not 100% on simply because the only Gundam title that Daisuki has actually streamed and licensed is Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin. Aside from that I think the rest of the Gundam franchise is licensed by….I want to say Nozomi Entertainment. However that doesn't actually really confirm or deny anything about where this new Gundam series will stream, simply because a lot of the last couple of Gundam shows ALSO did not simulcast anywhere either. So with Gundam, at this point who knows.