Stream Not Found/Server Unavailable Error
We are currently aware that some users are seeing a Stream Not Found or Server Unavailable message when trying to stream videos on funimation.com.
The Stream Not Found (or similar) error is a general error and can be caused by several different issues.
First, please make sure none of the following things apply to you:
- You are residing outside of the US/Canada - if this is the case, you are not seeing this message in error, you're just seeing it instead of a territory message. We only offer streaming services for users in the US and Canada
- You are using a VPN or proxy. This can either be software or a service like Unblock.us - Please disable the service or software. Due to the way our territory verification works, anything that blocks or alters your address could cause this issue.
- You are trying to use a mobile or tablet device's web browser to access the site - This may work for some users, however it's not considered a supported usage of the site, so if it doesn't work for you, we will be unable to further assist you.
- You are using cellular data to access the site or through the apps - This may work for some users, however it's not considered a supported usage of the site, so if it doesn't work for you, we will be unable to further assist you. There's just too much variation in cellular data and providers for us to test your connection.
If none of these apply to your situation, please submit a new ticket and provide the following information– you will receive faster service if you provide the information in this format and do not skip or add additional information at this step:
- That you are having a Stream Not Found issue
- Your operating system
- Your browser type and version number
- Your IP address as reported by this site: http://whatismyipaddress.com/ (Reporting the IP address that this site reports for you is not in any way a security risk)
- Your Internet Service Provider
- Your very general location. (Ex. Alberta, Canada; Dallas, Texas)
Please also confirm that you are not using a VPN/proxy, specifically, and that none of the other items above apply to you.
Affects: some users, usually all videos for those users, may be constant or intermittent
Status: Under Investigation - we can currently resolve this issue for most users, but the resolution process is personal and quite long for most users.
Troubleshooting: Depends on the reason for the error message, based on the above information.
What about those of us streaming through a gaming system? I get this message often while using the Xbox 360 app.
Sorry for the delay in a response, SpacemanHardy– we've actually moved on to the next stage of this investigation and your answer is now above as part of this process now. :D