What Anime Release from FUNimation Are You Looking Forward to the Most?

• Shimoneta. I am actually not much of a fan of the ecchi genre in general so I have just got around to watching this one, and it is actually surprisingly good. I have only watched 3 episodes so far, which is usually farther than I ever get into ecchi anime and I already know that I am going to buy this one. It is almost as good as Seitokai Yakuindomo (actually, there are quite a few similarities in the style of jokes in the two shows). One note, though. Actually a request for Funimation: Please, Please, Please do not dub this. I know that right now your dubs are the only thing that really give you any kind of an edge over the other North American anime distributors, and I am very supportive of dubbing in general, but it will just not be possible to do a good job of dubbing this show even before the quality of your dubs started going down. Too many of the jokes and scenarios are very Japanese culture specific and it would require too much tampering with the intent and content of the dialog and such that the dubbed version would likely be a totally different show and the comedy would be killed.

• @mattc138728172863:

Shimoneta. I am actually not much of a fan of the ecchi genre in general so I have just got around to watching this one, and it is actually surprisingly good.

It's really great to see a show that's so entrenched in sex culture not give in to easy fanservice shots to please the lowest common denominator. There are so many situations with Blue Snow and her nude terrorist outfit that could have resulted in excessive fanservice, but they resisted the urge throughout the entire show

@mattc138728172863:

Actually a request for Funimation: Please, Please, Please do not dub this. I know that right now your dubs are the only thing that really give you any kind of an edge over the other North American anime distributors, and I am very supportive of dubbing in general, but it will just not be possible to do a good job of dubbing this show even before the quality of your dubs started going down. Too many of the jokes and scenarios are very Japanese culture specific and it would require too much tampering with the intent and content of the dialog and such that the dubbed version would likely be a totally different show and the comedy would be killed.

I'll take the dub that makes the show different, thanks

• dragon ball super, that is if it ever gets announced

• I want Suzumiya seasons, Disappearance of Yuki-chan, Lucky Star, Shimoneta.
    Does anyone know if anyone has the rights for Monster Musume(Everyday Life with Monster Girls), Nichijou(My Ordinary Life), or Absolute Duo?
    Would also love Seitokai Yakuindomo .

• @fenson:

I want Suzumiya seasons, Disappearance of Yuki-chan, Lucky Star, Shimoneta.

Funimation has rights to all of those things.

@fenson:

Does anyone know if anyone has the rights for Monster Musume(Everyday Life with Monster Girls), Nichijou(My Ordinary Life), or Absolute Duo?

Monster Musume is licensed by Sentai Filmworks. Absolute Duo is licensed by Funimation. Nichijou (My Ordinary Life) is to my utter displeasure, currently unlicensed at this moment in time.

@fenson:

Would also love Seitokai Yakuindomo .

Similar to Nichijou, this is also unlicensed. Though I DID discover that it IS streaming on Crunchyroll, which was not something I actually was aware of until I just looked it up. So thank you. I learned something new!

• Thank you for the very fast reply.last 3 i will ask about…Yamada-kun And The Seven Witches, Witch Craft Works(Sentai,right?), & Whispered Words.Yea,I still can't believe no one has picked up Nichijou.

• @fenson:

Thank you for the very fast reply.last 3 i will ask about…Yamada-kun And The Seven Witches, Witch Craft Works(Sentai,right?), & Whispered Words.Yea,I still can't believe no one has picked up Nichijou.

All 3 currently unlicensed.

• @classyspartan:

Similar to Nichijou, this is also unlicensed. Though I DID discover that it IS streaming on Crunchyroll, which was not something I actually was aware of until I just looked it up. So thank you. I learned something new!

Technical point: CR has the second Seitokai Yakuindomo series, but not the first.

• Castle town Dandelion.

• IDK… I am just probably watch whatever the **** comes out... as long as it isn't Grimgar of course :)

Although I don't watch everything... I am pretty open to much about everything. The alternative of Anime of course; is stupid, boring reality TV and ridiculously overused cliché US broadcast TV series, it is so...

...my only regret is that it took me 1823470312421 years to finally come onboard to funimation.com. For years, I was always hesitate, and old timed; wanting to watch everything "traditionally" on a TV or on a disk. Took me a while to get over "the streaming hurdle". Issues such as pure video quality and reliability of service (stuff popping up and disappearing) and cost kept me at bay.

I guess I just lowered me standards to the point of acceptance. Or alas, finally got "Jen Ai Marre" with American TV and Cable service, that I finally decided to disengage. IDK what the hell happened, alas at least better late then never it is so…

• @mattc138728172863:

Shimoneta. I am actually not much of a fan of the ecchi genre in general so I have just got around to watching this one, and it is actually surprisingly good. I have only watched 3 episodes so far, which is usually farther than I ever get into ecchi anime and I already know that I am going to buy this one. It is almost as good as Seitokai Yakuindomo (actually, there are quite a few similarities in the style of jokes in the two shows). One note, though. Actually a request for Funimation: Please, Please, Please do not dub this. I know that right now your dubs are the only thing that really give you any kind of an edge over the other North American anime distributors, and I am very supportive of dubbing in general, but it will just not be possible to do a good job of dubbing this show even before the quality of your dubs started going down. Too many of the jokes and scenarios are very Japanese culture specific and it would require too much tampering with the intent and content of the dialog and such that the dubbed version would likely be a totally different show and the comedy would be killed.

Or they could dub it and you could just not switch the audio track. Funimation is one of the last companies that dubs anime they don't need to start catering to the sub-only master race like Sentai did. Why do you think Sentai is losing so much money and is licensing less and less? Answer because they stopped dubbing and cut out most of their customers that actually buy their products.

• @seikopath:

Or they could dub it and you could just not switch the audio track. Funimation is one of the last companies that dubs anime they don't need to start catering to the sub-only master race like Sentai did. Why do you think Sentai is losing so much money and is licensing less and less? Answer because they stopped dubbing and cut out most of their customers that actually buy their products.

What are you talking about? Sentai still dubs plenty of their shows. That and they've been doing a lot of really nice collector's editions for those shows. Just recently they put out LEs of Akame ga Kill, Parasyte, and Nozaki-kun.

I don't think Sentai's hurting for money as badly as you think. :hmm:

• @SpacemanHardy:

What are you talking about? Sentai still dubs plenty of their shows. That and they've been doing a lot of really nice collector's editions for those shows. Just recently they put out LEs of Akame ga Kill, Parasyte, and Nozaki-kun.

I don't think Sentai's hurting for money as badly as you think. :hmm:

No they don't they've barley dubbed any of their anime from the past 3 years. They seem to have gotten to the point to where it's rare for them to dub something unless it gets a 150 dollar CE or LE. And they seem to not even care about streaming numbers they skipped on dubbing Grisaia even though loads of people wanted it and their most likely going to do the same with Monster Musume, demanchi and Food Wars.

• I am really looking forward to
    Black Butler: Book of Circus
    Assassination Classroom
    Death Parade
    Yona of the Dawn
    The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (I have been waiting years to own a copy of this movie!)
    Snow White with the Red Hair

• @seikopath:

No they don't they've barley dubbed any of their anime from the past 3 years. They seem to have gotten to the point to where it's rare for them to dub something unless it gets a 150 dollar CE or LE. And they seem to not even care about streaming numbers they skipped on dubbing Grisaia even though loads of people wanted it and their most likely going to do the same with Monster Musume, demanchi and Food Wars.

I seriously doubt that Danmachi will not get dubbed.

I am also curious on where people seem to be getting the streaming numbers O.o

• @seikopath:

they skipped on dubbing Grisaia even though loads of people wanted it

You and your group of friends don't count as a lot. Dubbing something that's based off of a Niche product in the States (Visual Novels) is too risky. They are almost guaranteed to make back the investment for the license just releasing it sub only as fans of the VN will snatch it up. Dubbing means selling almost double to triple the units sold just to break even and that's not guaranteed.

• PP movie and Yurikuma are both maybes. I still haven't purchased PP season 1 yet so it would feel weird to buy the movie right now even though I do want to see it.

• Strike Witches movie if they would release it before the sun truns supernova

• @Master:

Strike Witches movie if they would release it before the sun truns supernova

**OMG!!!!!!!!!!

**I'm not the only one able to bring up that epic Funimation failure that is Otakon 2014?!?!