Sub only

• Why is Buddy Complex sub only?

• poor streaming performance

• Poor streaming performance, lackluster reviews, that sort of thing.

The mecha genre in general has really been taking a hit in popularity the past few years. We haven't had a sure-fire hit in the giant robot category since the days of Code Geass and Gurren Lagann.

It's led to many of the more recent mecha shows being released sub-only. Valvrave, Captain Earth, Argevollen, and now Buddy Complex have all recently fallen victim to this trend, with Aldnoah and Gundam the Origin being the only two mecha shows getting bilingual releases (unless you count LaGrange and Gargantia from a few years back).

I think my good friend Professor Otaku said it best: The mecha genre may not quite be dead, but it sure is on life support. Whether or not we'll get that next big show to revitalize it anytime soon remains to be seen.

• Can't they rely on home video sales?

• Considering that reviews and streaming numbers were poor, they're probably not expecting it to sell many units.

They probably wouldn't recoup the expenses if they did decide to dub it. At the very least, this is a better option than them not releasing the show at all (ie. Tatami Galaxy, Rainbow).

• Only reason I haven't streamed it yet was because I was waiting for the English version when I realized funimation picked it up. I usually do on shows that seem like they will get a dub.

• Now I feel like crying….

Another anime not getting dubbed. Please FUNimation don't give up on Buddy Complex before it is even released. If the sub sales go well please reconsider releasing a dubbed version.

• This is on the schedule but based on what you're saying I'm assuming this is an error?
    "Buddy Complex - Season 1 1-2 Dub TV-14 10/20/15"

• @nickdo - Yes, that is an error and has been corrected in the system (though it will take it a few minutes to show up on your end.)

• I got mt copy yesterday. With the exception of the Blu-Ray Menu it's like a straight Sentai Sub Release. which includes using the original Japanese Opening and Closing and credit sequence at the end of each episode. I'm hoping this release does well enough that Funimation considers doing sub releases for other "under performing" titles

• Personally I'd like to know why they even bother licensing these animes if they don't think they going to perform well and if they aren't going to even dub them.

• @minotaur69:

Personally I'd like to know why they even bother licensing these animes if they don't think they going to perform well and if they aren't going to even dub them.

because there is still money to be made from people who like it and dont want or care about a dub.

• ^ Also, a lot of times they're forced to license series that they normally wouldn't due to "package deals".

For instance, if FUNi wants to license Anime A, the Japanese production company might only allow them to do so if they also license Anime B along with it.

• ok there is still hope because the dvd has a dub and sometimes if the dvd is dub they will release a dub to

• @Neviann:

ok there is still hope because the dvd has a dub and sometimes if the dvd is dub they will release a dub to

no, a dub for this show does not exist