Will "Code Geass: Akito the Exiled" EVER get English Dub?

• Bandai Entertainment when down in 2013 and Funimation save Code Geass by pick up the rights. But there had been NO news since 2013 when that pick it up… That said that had pick Season 1 and 2 of Code Geass which is already and was and EPIC dub may I add have Both Box Set for Season 1 and 2... However that also pick up the rights to "Code Geass: Akito the Exiled" which had yet to be English Dub. I know this big year with the DBZ Movie hopefully DB Super later this year dub b/c of the greatness of this movie... But I REALLY wanted to see "Code Geass: Akito the Exiled" be English Dub... I also that can aless get Lelouch, C.C., Suzaku, and Kallen English voice actors if there in it? That did REALLY good at there parts... Can someone please news on this? PLEASE...

• Maybe after it's finished.

• Given that Funimation did license it ( http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-10/funimation-adds-code-geass/akito-the-exiled-video-anime-series ), and it is extremely doubtful they would release a high profile title like this without a dub, the answer to your question is, "Yes".

As to the question you didn't ask (When?), probably not until many months (or perhaps even a year or more) after it has completed its run in Japan.

• @TheAncientOne:

Given that Funimation did license it ( http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-10/funimation-adds-code-geass/akito-the-exiled-video-anime-series ), and it is extremely doubtful they would release a high profile title like this without a dub, the answer to your question is, "Yes".

As to the question you didn't ask (When?), probably not until many months (or perhaps even a year or more) after it has completed its run in Japan.

But it been over 2 years now…

• If Japan says 'wait', FUNi will have to wait until they give the all clear.

• Don't forget that it took a long time to get all the materials for the Geneon re-releases as well. Around three years, in fact.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Don't forget that it took a long time to get all the materials for the Geneon re-releases as well. Around three years, in fact.

What? Bandai not Geneon… Also I don't Japan is going to tell Funimation since that had license it... That could do it at ANY time if that wanted to...

• @gohan6425:

What? Bandai not Geneon… Also also I don't Japen is going to tell Funimation since that had license it... That could do it at ANY time if that wanted to...

facepalms

I'm AWARE of that.

I'm just saying that the situation that FUNi is in right now with the Bandai rescues shares a lot of similarities with the situation they were previously in with the Geneon rescues.

And NO… FUNi can not just snap their fingers and tell Japan to give them the masters whenever they want. Sorry, but things don't work out like that.

In other words, these things take time. Be patient, grasshopper.

• @SpacemanHardy:

facepalms

I'm AWARE of that.

I'm just saying that the situation that FUNi is in right now with the Bandai rescues shares a lot of similarities with the situation they were previously in with the Geneon rescues.

And NO… FUNi can not just snap their fingers and tell Japan to give them the masters whenever they want. Sorry, but things don't work out like that.

In other words, these things take time. Be patient, grasshopper.

Uh? WRONG Funimation got the license therefore that had the RIGHT to start dubing it if that wanted to… And since some episodes are out now in Japan that can IF that wanted too...

• @gohan6425:

But it been over 2 years now…

Two things I wanna mention.

1. I assume you're referring to the license of Akito the Exiled in general and yeah it's been a while. There's a couple of Bandai Entertainment license rescues that are still behind in the works for Funimation to really get to. First one was Cowboy Bebop, and their most recent one was pretty much the ENTIRE .hack series. Worst thing about Funimation is that even though their future dubs and releases are pretty great quality, it takes a while to finally come to fruition.

2. As for the whole TWO years thing…believe it or not the series STILL isn't even done yet. The 4th one JUST came out at least a month ago, probably hasn't even hit Japanese DVDs yet. Final one comes out February 2016. I feel like ideally you want to have Funimation release this series in parts so you can get it faster, similar to Ghost in the Shell: Arise. Personally I think it'd be better to have it like Roberta's Blood Trail and wait for them to release the whole Akito the Exiled series in one set. But if that one IS the case that would definitely need to take some time.

Regardless, they got Akito the Exiled, and I definitely get the vibe that Funimation will both dub it AND get the voice actors for any and all reoccuring characters from the series in said dub. But in order for good things to happen, patience is a must. Does it suck that you have to wait this long yes. But that's the nature of the beast. It takes time but when it's all said and done the final product that comes together is probably gonna be awesome and satisfying for you and everyone looking forward to it. But all that can and WILL be done is just waiting patiently. No matter how strongly you feel on this, nothing on our, nor even Funimation's part possibly can really make this go as fast as it is.

• @gohan6425:

Uh? WRONG Funimation got the license therefore that had the RIGHT to start dubing it if that wanted to… And since some episodes are out now in Japan that can IF that wanted too...

uhh… WRONG. Maybe you either cannot understand English very well or you are just a very toxic and bitter individual, not only mad about one anime but furious at people trying to explain and help you.

I had to respond to this for the first time on this forum(Long time listener- if you understand the phrase) because you were and are being incredibly rude to not only a moderator but someone who attempted to be nice and considerate.

I am not even going to go into your crazy amount of spelling and grammatical errors, as well as using the word "that" to describe the word "they". Let me explain, "they" means a group of people, while "that" means a certain object, place, thing or action- usually not even a living organism let alone a person. Such as, don't be such an asshole all the time, what is the need to do "that".

Funimation has the license, but because it is a legacy license which Bandai was most certainly responsible for, we cannot assume it is a normal Funimation license, as in we do not know the details of when, if and what they may license, perhaps they only have the go ahead on the few that were out in 2013 and do not have the contract to all of them because they are a different company than who originally owned the license.

For you to assume that you know everything and all the details of the license in question is not only rude, inconsiderate, obnoxious, but downright idiotic.

It says you are from New York which is why I am treating this as if you are not just a non-English speaker that translated in a rude, accidental way; you are someone who is just very poor at the English language and/or reading/writing. Because of your blatant attitude and ignorance, I felt the need to educate you, and speak up for all the people in this thread, as well as countless others that you have most likely treated like shit. Treat others the way you wish to be treated, and if you don't agree with what somebody says, then don' be an asshole. If you don't like when somebody gives you facts and objective statements, then say you disagree and maybe explain where you are coming from without being such a jackass.

Take care, and stop being such a douchebag to everyone that attempts to be kind to you just because you are raging over an anime, and do not know anything about licenses or the industry let alone the English language. I hope you see this before/if it is deleted or my account banned for this, I am not aware of the rules on this forum when it comes to things like "asshole" or other negative statements, even though I speak the truth about your personality.

Sorry to the others on this thread, I really felt the need to be the one to call this person out, he was being extremely rude to Mr.Mod in particular. Take care everyone.

• @steve387:

uhh… WRONG. Maybe you either cannot understand English very well or you are just a very toxic and bitter individual, not only mad about one anime but furious at people trying to explain and help you.

I had to respond to this for the first time on this forum(Long time listener- if you understand the phrase) because you were and are being incredibly rude to not only a moderator but someone who attempted to be nice and considerate.

I am not even going to go into your crazy amount of spelling and grammatical errors, as well as using the word "that" to describe the word "they". Let me explain, "they" means a group of people, while "that" means a certain object, place, thing or action- usually not even a living organism let alone a person. Such as, don't be such an asshole all the time, what is the need to do "that".

Funimation has the license, but because it is a legacy license which Bandai was most certainly responsible for, we cannot assume it is a normal Funimation license, as in we do not know the details of when, if and what they may license, perhaps they only have the go ahead on the few that were out in 2013 and do not have the contract to all of them because they are a different company than who originally owned the license.

For you to assume that you know everything and all the details of the license in question is not only rude, inconsiderate, obnoxious, but downright idiotic.

It says you are from New York which is why I am treating this as if you are not just a non-English speaker that translated in a rude, accidental way; you are someone who is just very poor at the English language and/or reading/writing. Because of your blatant attitude and ignorance, I felt the need to educate you, and speak up for all the people in this thread, as well as countless others that you have most likely treated like shit. Treat others the way you wish to be treated, and if you don't agree with what somebody says, then don' be an asshole. If you don't like when somebody gives you facts and objective statements, then say you disagree and maybe explain where you are coming from without being such a jackass.

Take care, and stop being such a douchebag to everyone that attempts to be kind to you just because you are raging over an anime, and do not know anything about licenses or the industry let alone the English language. I hope you see this before/if it is deleted or my account banned for this, I am not aware of the rules on this forum when it comes to things like "asshole" or other negative statements, even though I speak the truth about your personality.

Sorry to the others on this thread, I really felt the need to be the one to call this person out, he was being extremely rude to Mr.Mod in particular. Take care everyone.

I am an English speaker HOW DARE YOU RUBE LIKE THAT! And license work! One you have its YOURS!

• @classyspartan:

Two things I wanna mention.

1. I assume you're referring to the license of Akito the Exiled in general and yeah it's been a while. There's a couple of Bandai Entertainment license rescues that are still behind in the works for Funimation to really get to. First one was Cowboy Bebop, and their most recent one was pretty much the ENTIRE .hack series. Worst thing about Funimation is that even though their future dubs and releases are pretty great quality, it takes a while to finally come to fruition.

2. As for the whole TWO years thing…believe it or not the series STILL isn't even done yet. The 4th one JUST came out at least a month ago, probably hasn't even hit Japanese DVDs yet. Final one comes out February 2016. I feel like ideally you want to have Funimation release this series in parts so you can get it faster, similar to Ghost in the Shell: Arise. Personally I think it'd be better to have it like Roberta's Blood Trail and wait for them to release the whole Akito the Exiled series in one set. But if that one IS the case that would definitely need to take some time.

Regardless, they got Akito the Exiled, and I definitely get the vibe that Funimation will both dub it AND get the voice actors for any and all reoccuring characters from the series in said dub. But in order for good things to happen, patience is a must. Does it suck that you have to wait this long yes. But that's the nature of the beast. It takes time but when it's all said and done the final product that comes together is probably gonna be awesome and satisfying for you and everyone looking forward to it. But all that can and WILL be done is just waiting patiently. No matter how strongly you feel on this, nothing on our, nor even Funimation's part possibly can really make this go as fast as it is.

So you think that will get the old voice for the dub for Akito the Exiled series? B/c that did not for One Piece and though voice actor for 4Kid were better then the current voice actor even though the dub suck for 4Kids with all though edits…

• @gohan6425:

And license work! One you have its YOURS!

yes, but it has to be delivered to funi or whoever has licensed a show. it doesn't just appear magically in Flower Mound, Texas when a contract is singned. The Japanese can take as much time as they want to deliver a show because they own it and they can do wheat ever they wish with it.

• @gohan6425:

So you think that will get the old voice for the dub for Akito the Exiled series? B/c that did not for One Piece and though voice actor for 4Kid were better then the current voice actor even though the dub suck for 4Kids with all though edits…

See at this point I can't tell if you're just trolling or not. And yeah, licenses and anime business deals aren't as simple and crystal cut as it seems. Seriously look up anything from Toei Animation or recent Aniplex shenanigans with other distributors. There's a lot more behind the scenes than we can ever really know.

• Enough. I'm going to lock this topic up before it gets any further out of hand.

Gohan, what Getchman explained is right; having the license to the show does not mean they have the required materials just yet. They have to wait until the Japanese production companies deliver the materials before they can do anything. And they certainly can't try to "strongarm" the companies into hurrying up, because that's bad business practice and could result in the Japanese severing all ties with them.

Once they get a hold of the materials, THEN it will be dubbed.

This topic has served its purpose. Closing it up.