What are the best and worst anime characters?

• I was really curious about what you guys would answer to this!!

• As far as worsts go, are you talking about like an absolute dick of a character? Because Diodora Astaroth and Nomi/Dusk Taker (DxD and Accel World) top the list for me.

• As good as Evangelion is, not too many people like Shinji…

• A few recent characters that I really don't like include Inaho Kaizuka (Aldnoah.Zero), Tatsuya Shiba and his imouto (Mahouka), and Isuzu (Okamikakushi).

Some of my favorites include Hitagi Senjougahara (Monogatari), Homura Akemi (Madoka), Holo and Lawrence (Spice and Wolf), Levi (Attack on Titan), and Xerxes Break, Alice, and Elliot Nightray (Pandora Hearts). I also really like Akatsuki from Log Horizon, but she's not quite favorite status yet. edit: Forgot about Kurisu and Okabe (Steins;Gate) and Roy, Ed, and Riza (FMA). There are a lot of Pandora Hearts and FMA characters that I would probably list as favorites/really like actually.

@7jaws7:

As good as Evangelion is, not too many people like Shinji…

I like Shinji. He's got a bunch of problems and he still tries his best. He whines, yes, but he's a kid. A kid who's dealing with severe abandonment and emotional problems and has had the fate of the world dropped on his shoulders on top of that. I found it very easy to sympathize with him (and most of the rest of the cast).

• makoto from school days is near the top of my total dick charaters that i hate i still dont understand why pple consider him a harem king cause theres a big difrence from a harem anime and a total dick who cheats on the girl with just about the entire female cast

• Tenten from Naruto is my least favorite, by far. I could honestly write an entire dissertation about why she sucks and has no business existing as a character, but I don't think people want to read that much unless there's a popular demand for it

Yamada from B Gata H Kei is my favorite of all time because of her super eccentricities and overactive imagination, while also struggling through a legitimate character and personality arc

(honestly it's hard to find a Yamada who ISN'T a strong character. There are so many good ones out there)

I love Tensai from Nanana's Buried Treasure because she's absurdly smart and hyper-aware about super complicated things, but still manages to look like a fool while doing simple menial things that happen to normal people every day

Sakurako from Yuru Yuri is my spirit animal and when I grow up I hope to be like her

! I seem to have a thing for stupid blondes, apparently

I also like Okabe from Steins;Gate for his overbearing personality and general ineptitude with social interaction, Minene from Future Diary and Aoi from Danganronpa because I can't decide if they're the luckiest or unluckiest characters in their respective shows, and lastly, Aki-Lucky from WIXOSS, because I absolutely could not get enough of her broken descent into madness and insanity

• I think this thread should go into the "Anime" section, because this directly relates to anime.

• ^ Then that's where it shall go. :)

• Yajirobe is the best anime character of all time. Period.

• Are we disliking characters because they are so creepy/intentionally impossible to like? If so, I go with Dark Star/Yami wo Makumono from Lost Universe and Ajo in Key the Metal Idol.