Noragami OVAs

• Are there any plans to dub the OVAs?

• seconding this question. Just devoured the first season and would like to know if Funi has the rights to the OAVs and if so, if they plan on releasing them.

• they do not currently have the OVA's.

• According to German anime licensor KSM Anime, they aren't available for international licensing to anyone outside Japan. So unfortunately FUNi can't license them no matter how much they might want to. :hmm:

• That's really disappointing to hear, but thank you for the reply. :(

• Does that mean that anyone else like VIZ could possibly pick up the OVAs instead???

• @skelo:

Does that mean that anyone else like VIZ could possibly pick up the OVAs instead???

No. The phrase "not available for international licensing to anyone outside Japan" means exactly what it says. NOBODY can license them.

• This actually reminds me of a number of licensing questions. Where should I ask about them?

For the most relevant though, I notice Season 1 was just taken off Hulu?
    Wasn't up quite as long as I thought. :/ What determines which shows get time on Hulu?
    and, why was Noragami's dub given precedence over its sub there?

• @mariotag:

This actually reminds me of a number of licensing questions. Where should I ask about them?

For the most relevant though, I notice Season 1 was just taken off Hulu?
    Wasn't up quite as long as I thought. :/ What determines which shows get time on Hulu?
    and, why was Noragami's dub given precedence over its sub there?

The only answer that I or anyone else on this particular forum can give you is, we honestly don't know.

That kind of information usually isn't available to anyone who isn't directly involved in the licensing of the show itself. And no one here who regularly visits the forum (save for maybe Sophie) works in that division of the company.

So unfortunately, there's really nothing we can tell you. Sorry. :hmm:

• Ah.

Well, from what I'm aware of, Netflix doesn't exactly bring in much cash flow, and, Funi tends to sync Hulu releases with their free schedule.

The few exceptions to this included Noragami though.

I'm pretty sure the Noragami on Netflix now is from before it was licensed by Funi..

So I do find myself intrigued.

Appreciated though!

• @mariotag:

I'm pretty sure the Noragami on Netflix now is from before it was licensed by Funi..

It's just Funi's simulcast version. Same with Attack on Titan. Netflix's streams just haven't been updated to the home video versions.