How good the pc for gaming?

• I have got an offer to buy a used pc. Is this pc will be good for online gaming?
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 Black Edition
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 760 Gaming 4GB
    Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0, Socket-AM3+
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB CL9
    Storage: Corsair Force Series GS 128GB and WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM
    Optical drive: ASUS DVD Writer, DRW-24F1ST
    Power supply: Corsair CX 600M, 600W PSU
    Case: NZXT Phantom 410

• A 4GB GPU is a bit much especially (in my own research) nobody really knows what video ram does, and I spent hours looking it up.

Just get Windows 10 when it releases, no one likes windows 8 but I guess its really just personal preference. I feel that 10 is a good mix of 8 and 7.

Only thing I can think of about the CPU is that you may or may not need a separate cooling unit because AMDs aren't particularly known for excellent cooling.

Personally I would recommend against having a singular stick of 8GB ram, but rather 2 4GB sticks.

• @darthrutsula:

A 4GB GPU is a bit much especially (in my own research) nobody really knows what video ram does, and I spent hours looking it up.

4GB comes in handy when you want all the bells and whistles for a game. The less data that has to transfer constantly between the GPU and the motherboard the better. Textures are especially heavy loads. Though I can't say I recall there being a 4GB GTX 760 model, but I could be wrong. There's usually a one-off product, but I'd verify just in case.

For the CPU, I have no comment as I haven't used AMD CPUs in years. I agree with darth's thoughts on the RAM though (but you're buying this computer secondhand).

• I'm just going to say that if your only playing games at 1080p the 4GB model is a bit much.

• @darthrutsula:

I'm just going to say that if your only playing games at 1080p the 4GB model is a bit much.

Nah. You've got downsampling, post effects and whatnot that chew threw VRAM like no tomorrow. It's true that the performance of a 760 is going to hit other barriers before the 4GB one, but you also need to take into context the scenario here. This is not a PC he is building, but one he's buying second hand. I don't think a 4GB card is a reason to not buy the computer if the price is right.

• I somehow glossed over the "buying used" part of the OP. I still stand by what I say but if the price is good, take it!

• I think its much to play games on pc.