Anime that doesn't follow high/middle schoolers

• Just wondering if anyone can suggest animes that don't follow the lame exploits of a high/mid schooler. They always bump into a large breasted classmate, fall on them, grab boob while wondering aloud "huh, what's this?" then are "kind of" apologetic about it after. Trying to find new anime has become annoying. Almost every description starts with " so and so was just a normal high school student". I am not in highschool, so the sexualisation of highschoolers and middle schoolers is pretty creepy to me. Please people, help me find some decent shows to add to my queue!

• Sure, there are a bunch of them in fact:

Cowboy Bebop
    Trigun
    Black Lagoon
    Baccano!
    Space Dandy
    Samurai Champloo
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
    Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
    Blood Blockade Battlefront

And pretty much any and everything related to Lupin the III.

• Fate/Zero, Attack on Titan, The Devil is a Part-Timer, Future Diary, Akame ga Kill, Madoka Magicka (though technically they are high schools but not how you don't like it).

I could narrow down what I'd recommend if you gave some baseline anime like "I've watched and enjoyed x y and z" or "I liked x anime but didn't like the similar y anime"

• A lot of anime feature teens as their lead characters, but finding some without the high school and ecchi isn't difficult. I marked the shows that feature mostly adult or older teen characters.

These shows can be found right here on Funimation:

Snow White with the Red Hair
    Gangsta. - adults
    Baccano! - mostly adult cast
    Black Lagoon - adult cast
    Jormungand - adult cast
    Darker than Black - adult cast
    Attack on Titan
    Psycho-Pass - adult cast
    Fullmetal Alchemist (either version)
    Spice and Wolf - adult cast
    Legend of the Legendary Heroes - adult cast, or at least older teen
    Gunslinger Girl - the girls are all young but it's a serious drama
    Rage of Bahamut: Genesis - older teen/young adult cast
    Steins;Gate - older teen cast
    Space Dandy - adult cast
    Tokyo Ghoul - older teens/young adult
    Trigun - adults
    Black Butler
    Fractale
    Death Parade - adults
    Cowboy Bebop - adults
    Claymore - mostly adults
    Yona of the Dawn

If you don't mind watching shows on Crunchyroll, then I'd also recommend the following:

Log Horizon - adults
    Gintama - it has a slow start (as in the first 20 episodes are largely regarded as not that great even by big fans), but it gets really funny and even tearjerking as it goes on. If an episode's humor isn't working for you then it's easy to skip ahead without missing anything important since it's mostly an episodic comedy. Main cast features mostly adults with the exception of Kagura and Shinpachi who are both teenagers.
    Chaika the Coffin Princess - has some fan service
    Madoka Magica - the girls are in school but it is not a focal point
    Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic - has some fan service
    Natsume's Book of Friends - features high school, but it is very good with no fan service
    Pandora Hearts
    Rose of Versailles - adults
    Usagi Drop - adult man raising his adopted daughter on his own
    Fate/Zero - mostly adults

• If you have a Crunchyroll subscription, I highly encourage you to check out Shirobako.

EDIT: just thought of a few that I was recently into here at FUNi: Gankutsuou and Tatami Galaxy.

• Speed Grapher and Rin: Daughter of Mnemosyne are both VERY adult shows. The Fullmetal Alchemist franchises offer teen prodigies not in a school setting. Most of the others I can think of this late have already been mentioned.

And for a total change of pace, MushiShi. It's gorgeous and folkloric, very beautifully rendered and haunting, and not about high school.

Assassination Classroom is a school show, but it's not at all what you're thinking of. It's pretty awesome and HILARIOUSLY sarcastic.

Laughing Under the Clouds is a great period piece with some teens and tweens in it, but they don't have that kind of drama.

• Praise be to you all. The quantity, quality and speed of your suggestions has been like getting rain after a long drought. Thanks again! Going to start making a list out of these tomorrow. And, yes, I also have crunchy so that also really helps.

• Not sure if you'd be interested in Chobits since the main character(whose name escapes me) is in college but it's a good series.

• Gate has a 33 year old MC and he's a member of the JSDF