About autoplay…

• Simply put.. For the love of christ, please implement an autoplay function to your video player. It's REALLY quite simple to add that in via script.

I'm just unsure of what the reason is that you've got a "queue" section and "playlist" used… If you don't have some sort of continuous play option. You get the point, yeah?

If it is coming- any ETA?

• It's not a question of how simple it is to implement, but of how expensive the additional bandwidth cost is. Good news! It's not. We have this feature implemented on the apps for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. It's not like Netflix either. If you want to watch 45 episodes of One Piece without moving from your couch and without pushing a button, you can!

We'll be adding this feature to the website soon. Before that, though, we'll be added a version of autoplay to the FUNimation Roku Channel along with a bunch of other updates.

Unfortunately, I don't have an ETA, but dragons are coming.

• @Sophie:

It's not like Netflix either. If you want to watch 45 episodes of One Piece without moving from your couch and without pushing a button, you can!

We'll be adding this feature to the website soon. Before that, though, we'll be added a version of autoplay to the FUNimation Roku Channel along with a bunch of other updates.

Please be like Netflix in one way and give us the option to completely turn off autoplay. I don't want to babysit the mouse or remote to keep the autoplay from starting the next episode before I'm ready to watch it. I like watching an episode all the way to the end in full screen and having it stop so I can do something else before starting the next episode. I may be the only one but I am perfectly happy without it. I'm not saying don't give it to those who want it. Just be aware there are some who would be annoyed by it.

• We can make it a setting. It's likely that autoplay would be off by default on the site. The Roku channel's autoplay can only work in the way you describe, so if you're on Roku you're set. If you're on PlayStation or Xbox, then the setting would take effect after we update the site.

I also hate when I fall asleep watching Hulu and happen to finish a show and Hulu goes off on its merry way and plays a bunch of completely random shows, filling up my Shows You Watch list with crap. No, Hulu. Those are shows YOU watch. >.<

• Also, if the browser-player could keep track of a session's volume setting, that'd be awesome. Its no biggie, but slightly inconvenient having to re-adjust volume each time a new episode-page is loaded.

(Then again, I haven't tested this out in browsers other than Firefox, so maybe it's just a Firefox thing.)

• Remembering the volume setting between videos (during a sesssion) will be part of the next update to the video player. However, it will not remember the setting if you leave the site and come back.

• @Sophie:

We can make it a setting. It's likely that autoplay would be off by default on the site. The Roku channel's autoplay can only work in the way you describe, so if you're on Roku you're set. If you're on PlayStation or Xbox, then the setting would take effect after we update the site.>.<

How about making it a selection that can be clicked before you hit play. Like Dub/Sub or HD/SD. Make the default = 0. Click play and just one plays. Click a pull down and choose a number 2 through 100 etc and that number plays.

@Sophie:

I also hate when I fall asleep watching Hulu and happen to finish a show and Hulu goes off on its merry way and plays a bunch of completely random shows, filling up my Shows You Watch list with crap. No, Hulu. Those are shows YOU watch.>.<

I told my house mate what you said and she loved it. Seems you have a fan. :)

• @xdnow:

How about making it a selection that can be clicked before you hit play. Like Dub/Sub or HD/SD. Make the default = 0. Click play and just one plays. Click a pull down and choose a number 2 through 100 etc and that number plays.

We could, but couldn't the user just as easily use the playlist navigator in the player?

@xdnow:

I told my house mate what you said and she loved it. Seems you have a fan.

XD

• Hey, any ETA as of yet on the Autoplay functionality for PC? Trying to marathon Fairy Tail would be so much easier with it! :)

• No official ETA quite yet. We've had some project reshuffling happen. If you have a PlayStation or an Xbox, autoplay is enabled there. Roku has a sort of version of it.

• New funimation customer, drawn in to the world of anime by the excellent Deadman wonderland. My one and only complaint with the service so far is the lack of autoplay. Even Netflix lets you watch two shows in a row by default. I have a dual-monitor setup and having to alt-tab to babysit the funimation website while playing a game or something else is really annoying. Can you please bump up the reshuffled chain again that this is a quality of life update that would be greatly appreciated?

• I completely understand. Autoplay will be coming to the site player. There is still no official ETA, but the feature is part of the site's next large update. If you have a PlayStation or Xbox, those apps have autoplay.

• Thank you for the quick response. I'm so new, I actually found this thread from a google search. After I asked my question, I looked around the forum and found that this feature has been previously requested and "around the corner" since at least January of 2015. I know you can't decide this for the project team, I will just put in my recommendation again that this may be served better as a standalone fix before continuing to work on a site overhaul. Still enjoying the high-quality dubs and otherwise enjoying the funimation website. I unfortunately don't have any consoles as a workaround. Happy new year!

• First of all, welcome!! Thank you for subscribing and happy new year! ^_^

I do agree that a small, quick enhancement should be fine to do ahead of a larger update. However, because the video player is the most important feature on the site, updates are very risky, which is why we've been batching them. In January 2015, we were working toward an update that included fixes and the autoplay enhancement. This would have launched around spring or summer. This particular enhancement also had to go through cost analysis, so that took some additional time. Then, other more pressing and service-breaking issues occurred, which further delayed the enhancement batch.

Now within the last couple of months, we've been going through many changes, which have affected development. You'll hear more about it early this year, quite soon in fact. ~_^ Unfortunately, it means that the player enhancements have been pushed a bit further out, and I really appreciate yours and everyone's understanding.

Ahead of this, though, we will be fixing a few of the remaining bugs with the player, including the weird scrolling playlist one.

• What kind of announcement will there be when autoplay is added? Will it be in the News or will we get emails. I really cannot wait for it to be added. Please don't put the are you still watching feature. It's super annoying. Thank you!!

• @sweetsushiroller2:

I really cannot wait for it to be added.

Sounds like May.
    http://www.funimationnow.com/

• Yep, it's May. Autoplay, remembering fullscreen, and remembering volume between episodes will be launching with FunimationNow.

We will be doing the "Are you still watching" thing, but it will be after something like 14 episodes or 4 hours. The reason behind this is actually technical. Netflix and other services aren't doing it to be mean.

[Update] "Are you still watching" will appear after 3 hours. I wonder if we can have it say, "Should you be watching?".

• @Sophie:

Yep, it's May. Autoplay, remembering fullscreen, and remembering volume between episodes will be launching with FunimationNow.

We will be doing the "Are you still watching" thing, but it will be after something like 14 episodes or 4 hours. The reason behind this is actually technical. Netflix and other services aren't doing it to be mean.

[Update] "Are you still watching" will appear after 3 hours. I wonder if we can have it say, "Should you be watching?".

OK. Autoplay is coming. Will there be a way to turn it off? Yes I know: "get off my lawn," quit worrying about it, stop being so annoying. ;)

• Yes, there will be a way to turn autoplay off. ^_^ It will actually be off by default.

• Heck yeah. That's perfect. We know there's technical reasons why you don't want unattended streams sucking down bandwidth all day, but this proposed 3 hours is very generous to your users. Thanks again!

• I told my boss that basically, we only want to have to get up to pee when watching anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i3zrzyLOCw