Question about how good this is

• On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being season one of "Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" while 1 being season two of "Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya"), how good is this?

I should mention that I did read most of the light novels and am aware of the story this series will cover, and no I don't mind if they deviate from the story…

Also season two of "Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" was unbearable that I quit half way through...

• It's definitely closer to season 2 in terms of quality. The Disappearance arc contains the only redeeming episodes in this series. All in all, it's back down the roller coaster for the Haruhi franchise.

• It depends what you like. I strongly preferred this to Haruhi, but then I'm a sucker for the kind of gentle romance portrayed in this show.

• Kinda hard to say for sure if you'll like it or not; personally I'd recommend checking it out personally if you have the spare time. But maybe it might help to know that this isn't quite the same as the original Haruhi series, which I'd call much more of a sci-fi./adventure/comedy as compared to Nagato Yuki-chan, which is definitely more of a rom-com with some of drama later on. I think it also depends on if you like the characters more or the action more from the original Haruhi series. If you're really into lots of action, you might want to pass as this is definitely slower paced. Opinions on this show have been all over the place as some like Covarr like this show more the original and I've seen someone on the net threaten Seppuku (ritual suicide) because it's not season 3 of Haruhi, what they really wanted this to be. While I liked the original dub, what really saves me on this show is the original English dub cast as that's what I'm used to and I find them to be very experienced and talented people. Hope that helps!

• Coming in as a pious member of the Church of Haruhi seems to generally work against this show. I wasn't there at the time when Haruhi hit, and I watched it for the first time last year. It had some good moments, but overall I think it's… alright. I don't particularly like any of the characters. Definitely not Nagato.

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan is one of the most consistently enjoyable anime experiences I've ever had.

Some say this Nagato is too boring to be a main character. Maybe this show is only for people who adore shy girls.