Any preferred order?

• I'm thinking of watching the .hack shows. Is there any preferred order? Also, the one that's described as someone waking up in The World. Is that one as good as SAO?

• @Duckerdoo:

Is there any preferred order? Also, the one that's described as someone waking up in The World. Is that one as good as SAO?

I would say .hack//SIGN, which is the original, has some similarities to SAO, but it goes slowly, with little actual battle scenes. It's more of an emotional journey type of mystery. Most guys probably wouldn't like it. I would say that it is most likely what inspired SAO, though. The next one, I've seen, Legend of Twilight has almost a completely different feel…sillier, more fun, but still serious enough to get into. I'm told it's best to watch Liminiality before Twilight, though. So try this order: SIGN, (.hack//SIGN-Intermezzo [OVA] can be watched anytime after Mimiru starts hanging out with Bear) Liminality (OVA), (then the video games' plot lines occur–If you skip those, you'll want to see Legend of the Twilight next), then .hack//SIGN-Unison, GIFT (OVA-which may be available with Liminality), Legend of the Twilight, Roots, G.U.Trilogy (movie), and Returner (OVA). Quantum (OVA) I think can be watched anytime after SIGN, too....I think there's one more movie (I think it's called .hack//Beyond the World) that was released after Quantum, but I don't think it depends on much more than seeing the original, either. That's my best guess. Crazy, huh?

• Oddly enough, I was able to understand that list. Thanks.