Destiny

• http://www.destinythegame.com/

Anyone else pre-ordered and looking forward to the beta?
    It's looking like it is going to be awesome, although unless a miracle happens I will be playing on last gen hardware (my pre-order is for the PS3 version).

• I'll be preordering it once I get a PS4 by Christmas or earlier

• I thought there might have been a Destiny topic here already. Apologies for necrobumping, but seeing as the topic didn't get very far, I think it's better than starting something new.

Anyone else still playing Destiny? Still working towards completing your Moments of Triumph (Year 1 activities), or just twiddling your thumbs until The Taken King releases?

• Trying to get my Warlock to level 34 before the taken king launches

• @shadowking01:

Trying to get my Warlock to level 34 before the taken king launches

SHADOW_KING01 on PSN? Looks like your close, just need one more Etheric Light, or hope Variks sells boots next week.

• That's not my psn name, Drago02 is but I am within two levels of 34 though.

• @shadowking01:

That's not my psn name, Drago02 is but I am within two levels of 34 though.

Ah, well it was just a guess. Good luck making it to 34.

• Looks like I'll be starting off slightly underleveled, since year two starts this week I was only able to get to level 33 before the launch.

• @shadowking01:

Looks like I'll be starting off slightly underleveled, since year two starts this week I was only able to get to level 33 before the launch.

That's one of the problems with the way Variks is stocking gear, but that sucks.

I did see an analysis video where it looked like the experience needed to advance a level will be much lower than it is now for 1-20. I can't find it now, and that may have just been the case for the preview builds. Hopefully it doesn't take that long to catch up. I've been saving as many of those 5000 XP bounties I can, at least on my Hunter, in order to get an immediate boost when TTK drops.

• @EyeOfPain:

Anyone else still playing Destiny? Still working towards completing your Moments of Triumph (Year 1 activities), or just twiddling your thumbs until The Taken King releases?

I am rather curious as to how much and the quality of the content The Taken King will bring, but, regardless of how good it is, there is no way in hell that I'm spending $40 for it. Will probably wait until it drops to at least half price. Was also initially a bit bitter about Moments of Triumph since, as someone with no desire and no intention of doing a raid, completion of Moments is out of my reach, but I got over that pretty quick as I wouldn't use the emblem anyway (Blessing of the Speaker or New Monarchy emblems suit me just fine, at least for my main).

• I'm probably going to hold off on TTK as well. Unless all of us can form a raid team together, but I don't know how many of you are on XB1.

• @7jaws7:

I'm probably going to hold off on TTK as well. Unless all of us can form a raid team together, but I don't know how many of you are on XB1.

I am, and know a few others are, but I'm not sure there'd be a full Raid team here.

• Oh, my gear, its all weak and meager, oh the humanity

• @shadowking01:

Oh, my gear, its all weak and meager, oh the humanity

Only as weak as it was before. A 365 weapon from 1.x is equal to a 170 weapon from 2.0.

• There really hasn't been too much to do this week. At least before HoW and TDB, there were random encounters, but I haven't seen any Taken yet. There is a encrypted mission you may find on Earth, and a remnant of the Wolves on Mars, but neither gives you anything. Without a fireteam, Crucible isn't that fun, so I've mostly been running Vanguard Legacy strikes, and just been going reckless for fun.

• Once the Taken King Launches there should be plenty to do

• @shadowking01:

Once the Taken King Launches there should be plenty to do

Indeed. Which is why I'm planning to get up a bit early tomorrow and start on those new quests.

• Sadly I work until 8am so I wont be playing until sometime after that

• I had to laugh at those personalized trailers they have, must have taken some real digging to find any noteworthy accomplishments I had during Year 1. Though it is true I do enjoy my Pocket Infinity.

• @Kam2013:

I had to laugh at those personalized trailers they have, must have taken some real digging to find any noteworthy accomplishments I had during Year 1. Though it is true I do enjoy my Pocket Infinity.

At least you got a title, right? I put in a previous co-worker's gamertag, and he never got past level 21, and didn't have any titles attached.

My Hunter is Untouchable ItTakesAnIdiot, The Tip of the Sword.

• This post is deleted!