Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers

• Decided to make a thread for this because I have a good feeling it's gonna be one of the best anime of the season.

Unique Aztec/Mayan aesthetic instead of going for medieval Europe or ancient Japan like a million other fantasy shows do, fantastic fight choreography, really neat cinematography, and main characters that have good chemistry with each other make for a strong start.

Perhaps a bit too much exposition, and what little CG there was looked really bad, but those are ultimately minor flaws.

I also hear the novels go some very interesting places later, so I'm excited to see how this will play out.

Anyone else watch the first episode yet?

• Not watching it because I don't want to end up liking it because I refuse to pay PonyCan's prices.

Oh, and I hope it fails horribly in sales because I desperately want to see PonyCan go out of business.

So there. :P

• ^Oh wait, PonyCan has this?

Well, s***, I actually really wanted to buy it.

• I did, the first episode left me wanting to watch more before I decide to stop.

• The entire fight scene looked really good and I liked both protagonists a lot! I was pleased that Rokka's introduction was basically, "Hello, I'm a total dick. Love me!" Not really sure about the functionality of explosive braces, but it looked cool! They also used a number of unique camera tricks and perspectives to shake up the lengthy exposition, which I found entertaining enough

The CGI was completely terrible and was used pretty obviously, and Passione's only other major work was the train wreck (ha ha ha) that is Rail Wars, so I can't help but assume the production value is going to crater by the middle of the season. I guess we'll see if it holds up! Fingers crossed!

• @Riles:

I was pleased that Rokka's introduction was basically, "Hello, I'm a total dick. Love me!"

You mean Adlet?

• Nah, he's just Rokka. I get the feeling the rest of the Flowers will be largely inconsequential as they try to decide which one is the traitor, so it's just easier to remember him by the show's title

• @Riles:

Nah, he's just Rokka. I get the feeling the rest of the Flowers will be largely inconsequential as they try to decide which one is the traitor, so it's just easier to remember him by the show's title

There's another actual possibility of there being 7 Braves:

! The Goddess of Fate is one of the 7

• Adlet is more complicated than an arrogant prick. (This next sentence is a moderate spoiler: ) Adlet uses his claims of being the strongest as an affirmation to strengthen his resolve, and in so doing makes it so.

@Riles:

Nah, he's just Rokka. I get the feeling the rest of the Flowers will be largely inconsequential as they try to decide which one is the traitor, so it's just easier to remember him by the show's title

The main character is Adlet Mayers. "Rokka" is the "Six" in "Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers" (I believe "Rokka no YÅ«sha" literally means "Heroes of the Six").