I am really confused by Android App

• I am paying a subscription service, yet i am still getting hammered by ads before i watch any episode of a show. For example i just tried to watch season 2 of Psycho pass and i have ads before the first episode.

Do i need to pay for the android app on top of already paying a subscription fee?

Also even though i live in Canada, i am getting errors about content not being allowed in my territory? If Cowboy Bebop is not available in Canada do you not think it would be wise to note that on the shows page?

• That's what I would like to know as well. I'm currently in trial but plan on getting a membership and I don't understand why subscribers need to pay $9.99 for the Android app. Imagine if Netflix had a free and paid app. You would still need a subscription but the free app has ads and the paid one does not.

I might just rethink paying for a subscription after my trial is over if I'm forced to choose between paying for an app to use a service I am subscribed to or dealing with ads. I don't mind ads for products on sale from funimation, but seeing a banner for Candy Crush or Words with friends taking up space on my screen just doesn't sit right with me if I'm going to be paying a subscription.

I'm no expert but I think it might be in funimation's business interests to insource their app development. Funimation's main selling point to me over CR is their large library of anime. They are now competing really well with simulcasts, but their mobile app needs some serious work.

• if i remember correctly the android, and apple app were the first apps to come out,
    unfortunately back when they had the apps created for them, we got the pay for the app or in some peoples case get way to many banner adds for the free version.
    me personally i just paid for the app when it first came out, and be using it since.

@phongjeezy:

I'm no expert but I think it might be in funimation's business interests to insource their app developmen

i hope they do too in the future.
    @uberjumper:

Also even though i live in Canada, i am getting errors about content not being allowed in my territory?

i would put in a support ticket for this issue, you should be seeing the same shows as me in the us,

• the app isnt all that great. My biggest problem is that the app and site dont sync.

• We're definitely aware of what fans think of the app and we're looking into addressing these concerns, but I don't have a timeline for you on that. :(

However, you should NOT be seeing commercials on the Free app if you are a subscriber. You should see banner ads, mostly unobtrusively, at the bottom of the screen, but there should not be commercials. Please submit a ticket so that we can further troubleshoot for you that way!

A large number of subscription users (our tech team included when we're not on testing devices!) use the Free app instead of the Paid one for subscription content.