Good Mecha anime.

• Question- Why has none of the existing Anime Release companies picked up and/or finished 'King of Braves GaoGaiGar'? Media Blasters only dubbed 5 volumes before dropping it into subs, so why hasn't Funimation or any of the other companies picked the ball and started running with it? It is a good series and deserves a decent, if not great dub.

• More than likely the reason no one has picked it up is because Media Blaster probably still holds the license for it.
    If Media Blasters dropped the dub after 5 volumes it may have had very weak sells.
    Also it is a pretty old series, its 18 years old.

• Then what about FINAL?

Also, it was a great series. GaoGaiGar was the Goku of Super Robot (Mostly because the more courage Guy used, the Stronger he got.), despite the fact that is older than Gurren Lagann. And yet, the Drill that pierces the Heavens is more loved. No offense to the TTGL fanbase intended, but while Gurren Lagann's Spiral Power made the mech larger then Galaxies, Genesic GaoGaiGar was able to destroy a small universe. Sure he used a tool to do so, but still. A robot that has the head of a lion in its chest and can destroy enemies as massive as Jupiter vs a Machine powered by Evolution–What's better?

• @exiakaiser:

Question- Why has none of the existing Anime Release companies picked up and/or finished 'King of Braves GaoGaiGar'? Media Blasters only dubbed 5 volumes before dropping it into subs, so why hasn't Funimation or any of the other companies picked the ball and started running with it?

Because it sold like crap. :hmm:

Maybe one of these days a smaller company such as RightStuf or Discotek will re-license it, but I can almost guarantee that the second half will never be dubbed.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Because it sold like crap. :hmm:

Maybe one of these days a smaller company such as RightStuf or Discotek will re-license it, but I can almost guarantee that the second half will never be dubbed.

And yet, I have talked to people on youtube, and they have actually agreed to watch it. It's not crap, it was just replaced by 'Superior' series (Honestly, I have always said you don't need to grow to the size of a galaxy to defeat a larger foe. You just need to have courage in your heart and the will to fight).

• No really. I have watched the series, and the ending hits harder than Evangelion's. Hell, the Zonuda was only the most powerful machine enemy the main heroes faced, and it could mechanize an entire city just by walking through it.