Dragon Ball Super

• Is funimation going to simulcasts dragon ball super ?

• Maybe. They're simulcasting 20 different shows this season, so it shouldn't be surprising if DBS is one of them.

• That would be amazing.

• And it doesn't look like they are going to simulcast it, there's a possibility of getting it later, but with all the DBZ movie hype at AX it would have been the perfect time to announce that they had Super, but nope.

• If nothing pops up tomorrow, I guess I have to use fan dubs just like what I had to do with Dragon Ball Z Kai. I think it's fair play, especially since I bought the Dragon Ball Kai Blu-rays afterwards.

• Sooo disappointing.

I don't understand why they aren't allowed to Simulcast Dragon Ball.

• @KayleL:

If nothing pops up tomorrow, I guess I have to use fan dubs just like what I had to do with Dragon Ball Z Kai. I think it's fair play, especially since I bought the Dragon Ball Kai Blu-rays afterwards.

You're not an anime fan.

• @joe-funi:

You're not an anime fan.

How so? I keep legal as much as possible between Netflix, Funimation, and Crunchyroll, but if there are no options, then you take what you can get. As what I could find so far, there is still no official announcement for the Buu saga Dragon Ball Kai and it was running for over a year.

• @KayleL:

If nothing pops up tomorrow, I guess I have to use fan dubs just like what I had to do with Dragon Ball Z Kai. I think it's fair play, especially since I bought the Dragon Ball Kai Blu-rays afterwards.

Buying something does not give you right.

@KayleL:

How so? I keep legal as much as possible between Netflix, Funimation, and Crunchyroll, but if there are no options, then you take what you can get. As what I could find so far, there is still no official announcement for the Buu saga Dragon Ball Kai and it was running for over a year.

You have a few options:

1. You wait for it to become legally available for streaming
    2. Go to Japan and watch it there
    3. You wait and import the DVD or Blu-Ray from Japan

• jlaking is right. Just because you buy something later doesn't give you the right to steal it first. That would be like sneaking a piece of candy from a convenience store, only to go back to the store a few days later to pay for it. It doesn't make the fact that you originally stole it any less of a crime.

• @jlaking:

Buying something does not give you right.

You have a few options:

1. You wait for it to become legally available for streaming
    2. Go to Japan and watch it there
    3. You wait and import the DVD or Blu-Ray from Japan

Funimation is still getting my money at the end of the day. Both from my all-access pass and me purchasing their blu-rays afterwards. If there is a sign of the North American release anytime soon, I'll wait just like I did with Battle of Gods (which I both watched in theatres and got the Blu-ray) and Resurrection 'F' which I already have a ticket for.Still waiting on Evangelion 3.33 even though the blu-ray was announced forever ago.

I've been doing everything through official means as much as possible. There is a point where the hoop jumping is absurd. Going to Japan just to watch a TV series for a year? Not really practical. Dragon Ball kai/Super is the only series in a long time that I had to do this.

I am willing to pay Aniplex's highly overpriced blu-rays, but buying import is not supporting anime within North America.

None of this comes out of cheaping out. I fully support the industry and nobody is losing out on anything.

• @SpacemanHardy:

jlaking is right. Just because you buy something later doesn't give you the right to steal it first. That would be like sneaking a piece of candy from a convenience store, only to go back to the store a few days later to pay for it. It doesn't make the fact that you originally stole it any less of a crime.

Don't think that analogy quite works because something was missing for the time being. I think a closer analogy is abandonware. If there is no reasonable way for people to get access to it, copyright is hardly enforced.

It's strange how this is all about Dragon Ball, a series that is subbed by a former fansubber.

• Got to love how you skipped over point #1.

Do not blame FUNimation for your lack of patience and support of illegal streaming and/or download site (who do not give back to the companies in Japan).

• @KayleL:

For what it's worth, I agree with you. There's 3 reasons to pirate things:

1. You legitimately can't afford it. If that's the case I guess you might as well, isn't really hurting anyone since you couldn't buy it in the first place, so it's not like anyone is losing sales.
    2. You don't want to support the company, I've done this a few times with PC ports of video games that are done terribly, would rather not pay the company that doesn't care about me in the first place.
    3. There's no other way to get the content. It's entirely possible you never will be able to get some things, for example Dragon Ball Super. There's no announcement saying it's coming, so it's safe to assume that it isn't for now. So your options are steal it and watch it now, or wait for something that may never happen anyway.

At the end of the day, until further notice there's no legal way to get this. So there really aren't any other choices.

• @TheRucati:

For what it's worth, I agree with you. There's 3 reasons to pirate things:

1. You legitimately can't afford it. If that's the case I guess you might as well, isn't really hurting anyone since you couldn't buy it in the first place, so it's not like anyone is losing sales.
    2. You don't want to support the company, I've done this a few times with PC ports of video games that are done terribly, would rather not pay the company that doesn't care about me in the first place.
    3. There's no other way to get the content. It's entirely possible you never will be able to get some things, for example Dragon Ball Super. There's no announcement saying it's coming, so it's safe to assume that it isn't for now. So your options are steal it and watch it now, or wait for something that may never happen anyway.

At the end of the day, until further notice there's no legal way to get this. So there really aren't any other choices.

Yea,you're not anime fan.you're making excuses so that you could pirate things and not pay a damn thing.you have no patience and again,YOU'RE NOT AN ANIME FAN.YOU'RE A CRIMNINAL.

• Personally I can wait for DBS but if someone is already supporting the industry by subscribing to streaming services and purchasing anime/manga then I have no problem with them using a fansub site. Sometimes It's a necessary evil for finding anime.

• @rpgpunk:

personally i can wait for dbs but if someone is already supporting the industry by subscribing to streaming services and purchasing anime/manga then i have no problem with them using a fansub site. Sometimes it's a necessary evil for finding anime.

you're not an anime fan.

• @joe-funi:

Yea,you're not anime fan.you're making excuses so that you could pirate things and not pay a damn thing.you have no patience and again,YOU'RE NOT AN ANIME FAN.YOU'RE A CRIMNINAL.

Is that the only thing you can say? Every time someone posts something you respond with "You aren't a fan" You sound like a 12 year old that learned a new word for the first time and is repeating it nonstop even when it makes no sense.

fan
    [fan]
    noun

an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport, pastime, celebrity, etc.:

I can be a fan of anything without spending money on it. I'm a fan of sports, I very very rarely buy tickets, but I'm still a fan of watching the games. I'm a fan of DotA 2, I played it for years without spending a dime on it. Throwing money at things isn't what makes you a fan. Besides, I never claimed to be a fan of anime.

Regardless, the problem is easily avoidable if companies wanted it to be. The vast majority of people don't pirate because they're cheap or don't want to buy things, they do it because it's the easiest option. If companies want to make it difficult for people to get their product their sales will suffer, that's just how it goes. Call it what you will, doesn't much matter to me, I pirate things when legal options aren't readily available or when I dislike the company making the product. In the case of DBS there are no other options, when other options are available things will change.

• @joe-funi:

A little harsh don't you think? If Toei doesn't want to simulcast it pirating is going to happen. Not like a simulcast would hurt anything. It's kinda ridiculous.

• Those that would pirate an anime are showing no respect to the creators, writers, animators, and others involved with the show.

Why should their efforts in the show become excuses for those that cannot wait until it becomes legally available?

@TheRucati:

I'm a fan of sports, I very very rarely buy tickets, but I'm still a fan of watching the games.

You are able to watch sports on TV because the channel you are watching it on paid for the license/rights to broadcast said game.

• @joe-funi:

you're not an anime fan.

Seeing that I spend a bunch of money every year on subscriptions, anime, manga and other anime related items I'd say I'm definitely a fan. Trying to convince a child of that is a different story though.

I do find it funny that a lot of people okay with the fansub sites are the all access members and most who have a problem with it aren't.