If not dub license info, how about dub status info?

• A recent thread was started with the title, dub license and it was locked/closed because it ask in this, the wrong forum, if a specific series was going to be dubbed or not. My suggestion would be if not dub license” info how about adding dub status info to a page of each series. Even better how about adding a whole ongoing status page for each series?

For me, I would like to see a page for each series that includes information such as: are dubs coming or is Funimation just not seeing the desired following to invest in the dubs?, is the series being re-aired in Japan?, are there plans for a second, third, etc, season in Japan?, are additional seasons, movies, OVA's in production?, is the series creator P O'ed at the anime production company for going off the deep end with the story line and halted their rights to produce anymore?, etc, etc, etc…

I can think of a few series that could benefit from such a page. Sekirei has got to be the first on the list. Season three is one of the biggest mysteries I've come across in anime. What's its status? Maken-ki! is another question mark, Season one and two are here, but only season one is dubbed, why? I am not trying to get answers to those questions here in this forum. They are just examples of what I'm thinking can go an a status page. This is starting to sound like a request for an FAQ page but it's not. That would be better than what we have now but I"m still thinking more than just that. Maybe Funimation could do interviews with the pertinent people involved with a series and post them on the status page. That would be cool.

Maybe I'm just being crazy or lazy. Well yeah, I'm being lazy because I'm not wanting to go hunting down the info. Maybe the info is already out there then the page could contain links to it. Anyway, you all tell me is this a good or a bad idea? What else could be put on a page like that? What else could it be called?

If nothing else, how about adding something about which episodes/seasons are already dubbed? It could be put in the info box in the center of each series home page along with the info about which series is related to which. BTW to whoever is responsible for putting that info together I say; kudos, hurray, Thank You. You have done a wonderful thing.

• @xdnow:

For me, I would like to see a page for each series that includes information such as: are dubs coming or is Funimation just not seeing the desired following to invest in the dubs?, is the series being re-aired in Japan?, are there plans for a second, third, etc, season in Japan?, are additional seasons, movies, OVA's in production?, is the series creator P O'ed at the anime production company for going off the deep end with the story line and halted their rights to produce anymore?, etc, etc, etc…

Anime News Network is a better resource for such questions than FUNi will ever be; use it.

@xdnow:

I'm being lazy because I'm not wanting to go hunting down the info

Then you're the problem, not FUNi.

• @TIL:

Anime News Network is a better resource for such questions than FUNi will ever be; use it.

Been there done that. ANN is quite useful but they can be rather nonspecific at times grabbing and posting anything that contains a reference to a series. And if it is a series that is here on Funimation the links a lot of times just bring you right back here. I was thinking of a page that would have info that would be filtered to the users asking questions here.

@TIL:

Then you're the problem, not FUNi.

I never said Funimation was a problem. I guess I'll put you down as one against my idea. Btw, I thought is was Funimation's lawn. :)

• @xdnow:

Btw, I thought is was Funimation's lawn.

Either way, I doubt you'll be getting candy. ;P

• I think that's at least the second person who's made a comment about your signature

• I'll let Sophie weigh in on this later as well, since she's the official voice on suggestions and implementation, but I just wanted to point out that, in both of the two cases you cited above (Maken-Ki and Sekirei) you currently possess the sum total of all of the knowledge that FUNimation or anyone at FUNimation has about those series in terms of new content.

Remember, while we do have contact about new and upcoming series from our licensors, we rarely have any information about upcoming series that's not publicly available on the web about that series. And, typically, when information does become publicly available, we post information about it as soon as we can.

I typically find out about what anime are coming up next season by doing a Google search for something like "summer anime list 2015". Now, obviously, we often have information about what shows we will be licensing before we announce them, but by it's very nature, putting those shows on our site would announce them, so we can't do that. :D

The "how many episodes have been dubbed" part is really interesting, though. That's something we might be able to include on the page at some point, along with, perhaps, a schedule of when the next subbed/dubbed episodes we HAD announced would be going up, right there on the Show site. I'll have to wait for Sophie to weigh in on the probability of that as well, though, as I'm essentially in maintenance, not development. :)

• Might I recommend AniChart? It has one of the most comprehensive listings of what's coming out in the following seasons.

http://anichart.net/summer

• @CJ:

The "how many episodes have been dubbed" part is really interesting, though.

That's already on the show page.

• @TIL:

That's already on the show page.

Not in the way they're suggesting, I don't think. The "Number of Episodes" and "Number of Episodes We Have" on the show page doesn't distinguish dub and sub– it's just the number of episodes. You can see what we've dubbed, of course, but there's no count for dubs specifically.

• @TIL:

Either way, I doubt you'll be getting candy.

LOL awwwww

@SpacemanHardy:

Might I recommend AniChart? It has one of the most comprehensive listings of what's coming out in the following seasons.

http://anichart.net/summer

Looks good. Lots of info. I'll definitely spend some time there. Thanks…...

@CJ:

in both of the two cases you cited above (Maken-Ki and Sekirei) you currently possess the sum total of all of the knowledge that FUNimation or anyone at FUNimation has about those series in terms of new content.

No news in not really good news here but news that the trail has gone cold is still news. On Maken-Ki! I'm a little confused, how come Funimation doesn't know what going's on with the dubs of the second season? I'm thinking the source of the dubs would be like the great Oz, all knowing. :)

@CJ:

Remember, while we do have contact about new and upcoming series from our licensors, we rarely have any information about upcoming series that's not publicly available on the web about that series. And, typically, when information does become publicly available, we post information about it as soon as we can.

Yeah, figured that . They have their own time lines for release dates and such.

EDIT: Please don't double/triple post. Use the Edit Post button instead. -SH

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Sorry about that. Pretty sure I couldn't do it again if I wanted to. I'm not too sure how I did it the first time. :)