Issei's powers

• at the end of season 2 it made a big deal about Issei managing to steal some of Vali's powers, and yet it only makes one very brief appearance after Issei activates Juggernaut Drive in season 3. It just doesn't seem right to leave it out after he shortened his lifespan just to obtain it.

• Try to remember that the anime is based off of a long running light novel series that has 19 volumes. And just as a reference, the 3rd anime season has animated up to the 7th novel. It may not have shown it in this season, but it may come into play later (and hopefully in later seasons as well!)

• @Zangetsu91:

at the end of season 2 it made a big deal about Issei managing to steal some of Vali's powers, and yet it only makes one very brief appearance after Issei activates Juggernaut Drive in season 3. It just doesn't seem right to leave it out after he shortened his lifespan just to obtain it.

It'll kill him if he uses it and he only has about 10% chance of actually being able to use it. Juggernaut Drive also brought down his expected life span down to 100 years (devils live to be 10000+), literally 99% of his life is gone. As it is now, he sucks as a devil, he's only "good" because he's got one of the 13 strongest sacred gears created.

He is discouraged from using divine dividing because just trying to bring it out can kill him. I don't know why they didn't tell us in the anime considering this was covered in the 3 novels they went through. Don't worry though! Divine Dividing will come back for Issei later on… 3 seasons from now... if they stick with the 2 or 3 novels per season thing and not jump around.

Am i the only one that wonders why God seems to be so fixated on things that can kill himself, and one actually did? It isn't until we get a future antagonist that we kind of realize why sacred gears were created.

• Thanks for the info provided. Vali mentioned that Issei activated an incomplete form of juggernaut drive, does this mean he could later learn to use the complete form of this power? Vali's juggernaut drive didn't cause any problems for him.

• @Zangetsu91:

Thanks for the info provided. Vali mentioned that Issei activated an incomplete form of juggernaut drive, does this mean he could later learn to use the complete form of this power? Vali's juggernaut drive didn't cause any problems for him.

There is a massive difference in potential between the two. Vali can maintain control of juggernaut for only a very short amount of time (<10 minutes i think it was) because juggernaut requires either demonic power or the user's life-span. Vali being the fourth generation Lucifer he has a LOT of demonic power.

Issei on the other hand has no demonic power. Juggernaut would therefore take his life-span. Due to his transformation being incomplete I'm going to guess that it took more from him than a "complete" transformation would have but that's speculation.

Both learn from Azazel that juggernaut drive sucks and that they could "discover" a much more awesomer transformation. Both are discouraged by their dragons from using juggernaut. In the novels though, Vali used juggernaut to defeat Fenrir and Arthur used Excalibur Conquer to make Fenrir a pet unlike the anime.

• I liked the look of Issei's boosted gear near the end of season one. what was that form that he used in the rating game Against Raizer Phoenix?

• Are you talking about the 1v1 against Raizer or the 5v16 against Raizer? The 1v1 is the same suit of armor as the one in the new season, Welsh Dragon Balance-Breaker Scale Mail. If you're talking about just the gauntlet, don't expect a whole lot more of it because all you'll only really get balance break from now on, until he learns the Triana which was teased at the end of the season.