A good ending

• If episode 36 is the end of the series, then it was a good ending.

• The ending was alright, I thought the battle part was a little anticlimactic though.

• I hope not this shows doing very well if they follow the light novel series witch they been skipping a lot there's only going to be 2 more season because this season corverd 7 and 8 i think and there 15 i believe. I hope they finish the whole story out

• In terms of adapting the light novel it was terrible. This season never felt like it had a focus because they skipped too much, but tried adding too many developments at once (if that makes sense), and then we get to the original material. They should have stuck with their formula and focused on Volume 5 & 6 like everyone figured it would be, but now they've adapted elements from up to Volume 14 in some cases. Not a great way to earn another season, but it probably will on name alone. It sounds like the studio has come out since the finale and apologized and promised to adapt the story more faithfully if they get a chance at season 4.

That isn't to say I completely disliked this season, but many of the events I was waiting for they skimmed or excluded fully. The anime only arc they ended it with was okay I suppose, but the last half of the finale wasn't too bad.

I suppose it's a lot easier for anime only watchers who haven't read the light novels. The sad part is volume 20 is coming out soon unless I'm looking at an old date and this series has the potential as it's already been 3 anime seasons. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

• @HowlingLotus:

In terms of adapting the light novel it was terrible. This season never felt like it had a focus because they skipped too much, but tried adding too many developments at once (if that makes sense), and then we get to the original material. They should have stuck with their formula and focused on Volume 5 & 6 like everyone figured it would be, but now they've adapted elements from up to Volume 14 in some cases. Not a great way to earn another season, but it probably will on name alone. It sounds like the studio has come out since the finale and apologized and promised to adapt the story more faithfully if they get a chance at season 4.

That isn't to say I completely disliked this season, but many of the events I was waiting for they skimmed or excluded fully. The anime only arc they ended it with was okay I suppose, but the last half of the finale wasn't too bad.

I suppose it's a lot easier for anime only watchers who haven't read the light novels. The sad part is volume 20 is coming out soon unless I'm looking at an old date and this series has the potential as it's already been 3 anime seasons. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I can agree. But I think they skipped the Sona game because the author didn't like it because of that one really OP sacred gear (I read it on some forum somewhere saying that they read that Ishibumi said that). I was upset when they started the Loki fight because so much was glossed over and character reconciliations happened during that fight that wasn't really done in the anime. Like… where the hell is Chichigami??? Nothing from her/it at all. I was really hoping that they would change the Rias-Issei relationship, I hated it and how out-of-the-blue it was in #10.

Hey I'm just happy that I got to see Diodora murdered. Seriously F that guy. Hated him in the novels and hated him just as much in the anime.

• I know I've mentioned about Ishibumi not liking the Sitri Rating game a few times. Can't remember where. Probably here and Crunchyroll or MAL.

I still thought the Sitri RG was a good benchmark in the light novel from their training. It really showed they had ways to go, but the OP Reverse ability was kind of dumb. Character development was very shallow and was disappointed. Events like the Loki fight and Juggernaut sequence felt off and rushed versus how things were written. Then we get to the anime only content. Urgh.

I did like that Issei's trauma from Raynare appeared earlier in the story as that's also something Ishibumi felt was drawn out far too long.

I also agree about Diodora. Asia isn't my favourite character by any means, but Diodora is 100% a POS that deserved way worse.

I also wonder what the popularity of the characters would be like now that we're almost on Volume 20. Xenovia seemed to get a lot of screen time this season no matter what was happening. Not that I'm complaining, but I see her used on marketing items a lot. Probably only Rias and Akeno seem to be on more stuff (female wise).

• @HowlingLotus:

I know I've mentioned about Ishibumi not liking the Sitri Rating game a few times. Can't remember where. Probably here and Crunchyroll or MAL.

I still thought the Sitri RG was a good benchmark in the light novel from their training. It really showed they had ways to go, but the OP Reverse ability was kind of dumb. Character development was very shallow and was disappointed. Events like the Loki fight and Juggernaut sequence felt off and rushed versus how things were written. Then we get to the anime only content. Urgh.

I did like that Issei's trauma from Raynare appeared earlier in the story as that's also something Ishibumi felt was drawn out far too long.

I also agree about Diodora. Asia isn't my favourite character by any means, but Diodora is 100% a POS that deserved way worse.

I also wonder what the popularity of the characters would be like now that we're almost on Volume 20. Xenovia seemed to get a lot of screen time this season no matter what was happening. Not that I'm complaining, but I see her used on marketing items a lot. Probably only Rias and Akeno seem to be on more stuff (female wise).

Xenovia and Ophis are my favorite characters but i'm disappointed that the novels don't really pay a whole lot of attention to either of them, especially Xenovia where she is only really depicted as being out for the D. I liked the Sitri game because of Saji development and that it also compared Sitri to Gremory where Sitris took overwhelming odds and brought them down to something manageable. My issue with the Raynare thing is that I don't think she got out of Issei's system, just pay attention to the dialogue. I could maybe be ok with it if her memory played a bigger role but as it stands I think it is stupid (plain and simple).

The anime only content i'm wishy washy. I liked it but at the same time I didn't like it, the Loki fight was just… ugh.

Maybe the Sona game will be an OVA??? I would be ok with this (I will buy the blu-ray anyway).

• To quote a review that sums up my feelings on Season 3, "I loved Seasons 1 and 2 but I only liked Season 3."

There were a lot of problems with Season 3. They rushed a bit, They cut some content, They added stuff that wasn't supposed to come until later, and they went with an original Anime story for the last part. The Season was very erratic in quality, My biggest problem with the Original story part was that it was too Dark and it made Rias look weak. Psuedo-Issei got taken down way too easily as well.

-Hopefully if we get a Season 4, they get back on the right track, and I'll still buy S3 on Home Video when Funimation releases it.

• Anyone know what Issei said too Rias on the shore? in episode 36

• i think he said (i love you ) or that's what the lips look like.

anyhow I hope this show gets finished out to the end or keeps going if the manga is still going.

Their is a couple things this show really has going for it.

Lots of action for 1 .
    Dub versions shortly after.
    good funny comedy "childish at times but quite funny".

Its wild without going too dark like naruto did. and not any giant flashback filler episodes which is a nice change of pace for the anime out there.

Its alot more westernized i feel.
    but i like that , I like a transition from methodical anime to more of a faster paced action orientated anime.

The boobs thing i could live with or without but it kind of just adds to Issei's whole harem fantasy thing which is kind of funny also in its own way , More funny because every adult in the anime is thinking.. man this red dragon kid is such a immature child , as if every time he mentions it you can feel their eyes rollling.

• @solarflareq:

The boobs thing i could live with or without but it kind of just adds to Issei's whole harem fantasy thing which is kind of funny also in its own way , More funny because every adult in the anime is thinking.. man this red dragon kid is such a immature child , as if every time he mentions it you can feel their eyes rollling.

I think I'll put some spin on what obi-wan said in a new hope. Boobs are what gives issei his power. It is an amazing part of the body created by all living women. They surround him, penetrate him (oh my), and bind issei's world together. Now to transition to obi-wan in return of the jedi: when we first met met him he was already an amazing lecher. But we were amazed how obsessed with breasts he was. Rias took it upon herself to train him as a devil. She was wrong.

• another fun fact about the beach scene i do believe he said he loved her however issei has no memory of what happened but rias remembers all of i. I think thats why she was more laid back after that scene when the other girls were all on him because she knows now how he feels and where his loyalty lies. just my hopeful opinion though

• 18+ visual novels. How many do you think have been adapted?

• @exiakaiser:

18+ visual novels. How many do you think have been adapted?

First 7 and a little bit that wasn't in the books, which will probably be the reason why it wouldn't get a S4.

And they're light novels, not visual novels.