Amazon Fire TV support?

• Are there plans to add a Fire TV (box not stick) app for Funi streaming?

The updated PS3 app works pretty well, but I'd like to get a box that's silent and not dependent on the PSN being available.

I realize there are Google Android apps, but Amazon uses their own Google-free fork, and supporting the remote probably requires customization.

• 2nd this, Fire TV support would be appreciated by many!

• @dave90125:

The updated PS3 app works pretty well, but I'd like to get a box that's silent and not dependent on the PSN being available.

Is there a reason you've apparently ruled out the Roku?

• @TheAncientOne:

Is there a reason you've apparently ruled out the Roku?

I'm considering a Roku3 too, but for the same price the Amazon box has better specs, can run many Android apps (except ones needing Google services), and can use a real game controller.

• I have Fire TV and my father has Roku3 and the hardware and flexibility of the Fire TV blows Roku3 away just wish Funimation app would work side loading Firefox and using that works but is a pain

• This may be a little late but I would have to say that the Roku Streaming Stick works pretty much flawlessly with FUNimation (even 1080p streams) and if you have Crunchyroll, The Crunchyroll app also works fine (for the most part). also, the Streaming Stick is cheaper than the Roku 3 by a decent amount.

• The problem and reason I did not go with a Roku is I wanted a streaming device that could also run Kodi as well and the Roku just does not have the hardware horsepower to do that like the Fire TV does