2015 MEN of MANLINESS - Round 2: Group 18

• Sanosuke Sagara (Rurouni Kenshin)
    Taichi Hiraga Keaton (Master Keaton)
    Jacuzzi Splot (Baccano!)
    Justy Ueki Tylor (The Irresponsible Captain Tylor)

Don't forget to post your extra vote below!

• Poll vote goes to Taichi, extra vote goes to Sanosuke.

• Double to Jacuzzi.

• Both my votes go to Jacuzzi

• You know who I'm voting for. Double to Master Keaton aka. "Sherlock Holmes meets Indiana Jones meets MacGyver".

• Voting Keaton.

• Both votes to Sagara.

• EDIT (again): Okay, surprising last minute push for Sanosuke, so once again Double vote for Jacuzzi Splot.

So for the previous two tournaments, I had not seen Baccano so obviously being unfamiliar with the show I didn't support its candidates, particularly the heavy hitters like Ladd Russo, Nice and Chane. But before the nomination period for this tournament….I can say I have now watched Baccano and I got to say.....Jacuzzi Splot is the ultimate manliest man that you would never expect to be a manly man.

The perfect don't judge a book by its cover.

Also....SPOILERS obviously so beware.

I have 3 key moments to elaborate just how Jacuzzi Splot is definitely deserving to be in this tournament so let's begin with discussing his initial appearance.

When Jacuzzi is first established, he's basically the biggest crybaby this side of Shinji Ikari. He's super paranoid of other people and fears the worst case scenario always. A seemingly timid kid in the business of bootlegging alcohol. One wonders why he always cries and if he's truly strong but then they reveal that earlier on, eight of Jacuzzi's comrades were murdered by the Russo family in Chicago. Enraged by their deaths, Jacuzzi went on a rampage with a Tommy Gun and ransacked 18 different bars and establishments owned by the Russos by himself, doing what would ultimately have taken most people weeks to pull off in a single night.

Second is when he realizes that two different groups of people are trying to harm and kill the passengers on the train for reasons he doesn't quite understand alongside the possibility of The Rail Tracer offing people left and right. Jacuzzi is beyond terrified and frightened but it is in this moment that he stops crying and quaking in his shoes and mans up, takes his guy to try and fight against the opposing factions and save all the passengers on the train, putting himself on the front lines to stop these people, all the while spewing some awesome and maybe corny lines that would've be out of place in a Shounen action series or Superhero series and fights back, even doing such crazy things as CHARGING A GUY WITH A FREAKING FLAMETHROWER UNARMED. He's one tough guy when he wants to be, and even manages to snag a smooch from his girlfriend Nice Holystone (their first kiss too) in the heat of the moment to save everyone.

SPEAKING OF NICE, that gets to my FINAL point that while not very action based, truly cements why I think Jacuzzi is a better man than most of us ever will be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pleu19IDplM

Basically even when they were kids they were also close childhood friends/crushes before they became a bootlegging power couple. Nice is a bit of a bomb/explosives freak and one day when young, she lights one of the explosives she's setting up, scarring her and taking out one of her eyeballs. Upon hearing what happened to Nice, Jacuzzi immediately went and got a sword tattoo on the left side of his face to compliment Nice's scarred right side, feeling that she would feel less lonely and recognize that he was there for her. He had no regrets, and he didn't hestitate when he made the decision to get a giant tattoo on his face, for his girlfriend, to make her feel better and not feel alone, for something that really probably would make most people cry a WHOLE LOT. Jacuzzi Splot's selfless idea of romance is something most people could ever DREAM of. He even tells her that day these words of wisdom:

"I've decided… I'm just going to cry whenever I feel like crying. I'm going to let myself cry as much as I want now to get it out of the way. That way when I face something really tough, all of my tears would have dried up long ago."

And that....perfectly encompasses what is great about Jacuzzi Splot. The Teenage Bootlegger with a Gun for a Heart.

• Both votes to Sano.

• voting Sanosuke