The "You Should be Watching" Logo

• I have a bone to pick with the slogan, here. The Funimation logo is "You Should Be Watching!" But why? What is it I should be watching that I'm not already watching? I'm already watching, yes?

I other words, "You Should Be Watching" is a weak slogan. Why not change it to something like "Thank You For watching?" Which is a lot more convincing. Not to mention it's also mentally stronger.

• @Osenis:

What is it I should be watching that I'm not already watching?

One of the OVER 9000! episodes of dubbed & subbed anime that are hosted here on the FUNimation website that you haven't watched yet.

So the correct answer to "But am I not already watching?" is… "Good. KEEP watching."

• @Osenis:

Why not change it to something like "Thank You For watching?" Which is a lot more convincing.

I'm not sure what's convincing about that

"Well, I wasn't sure if they appreciated that I was watching, but this new slogan has convinced me!"

• @SpacemanHardy:

One of the OVER 9000! episodes of dubbed & subbed anime that are hosted here on the FUNimation website that you haven't watched yet.

So the correct answer to "But am I not already watching?" is… "Good. KEEP watching."

And yet, of 9000 episodes, there are still some anime that are not my cup of tea. And only so many I'd be willing to watch.

@Riles:

I'm not sure what's convincing about that

"Well, I wasn't sure if they appreciated that I was watching, but this new slogan has convinced me!"

You explained it oh so nicely and hit the nail square on the head ( o.o)=b

• @Osenis:

I have a bone to pick with the slogan, here. The Funimation logo is "You Should Be Watching!" But why? What is it I should be watching that I'm not already watching? I'm already watching, yes?

I other words, "You Should Be Watching" is a weak slogan. Why not change it to something like "Thank You For watching?" Which is a lot more convincing. Not to mention it's also mentally stronger.

Guess what? Do you remember the slogan clearly?

Then clearly something about that marketing is working. If it was just thanks for watching or something as simple as that no one would really remember it at all. Sure a slogan may not mean much but it adds some sort of brand recognition as well. It also just keeps intrigue with people and helps establish an identity. Plus people remember how unique and odd it is because it's not like "We hope you continue to watch our programs" but instead like "YOU'RE GOING TO WATCH MORE WHETHER YOU WANT TO OR NOT, SO GO DO IT."

I know little about marketing and business by the way but it just helps to add onto their brand and identity, as well as giving them a memorable statement that sort of automatically sticks with Funimation. Everytime you hear "You Should Be Watching" you will now subconsciously recognize it with Funimation Entertainment, like you assossicate I'm Loving It with McDonalds. So saying their statement is weak because of a logical fallacy is incorrect when it's actually clearly strong enough to leave an impression with you to make a thread even going as far to argue how it makes sense.

Basically that slogan is anything but weak and you know it, whether you subconsciously know it or not.

• @classyspartan:

Then clearly something about that marketing is working. If it was just thanks for watching or something as simple as that no one would really remember it at all.

Oh, it's working, alright. I turn my back every time it's displayed, just to avoid it.

@classyspartan:

It also just keeps intrigue with people and helps establish an identity. Plus people remember how unique

Oh? Intrigue? How does this add intrigue? And how exactly is it "unique?"

@classyspartan:

"YOU'RE GOING TO WATCH MORE WHETHER YOU WANT TO OR NOT, SO GO DO IT."

That's sort of ironic to say, since the "You Should Be Watching" logo sort of reminds me of this. And it's sort of ironic how "I'm Loving it" with McDonalds is so much better a slogan. And I'll just leave it there, since the rest of the argument can be picked apart and trolled.

• @classyspartan:

So saying their statement is weak because of a logical fallacy is incorrect when it's actually clearly strong enough to leave an impression with you to make a thread even going as far to argue how it makes sense.

You just need to Think Different. ~_^

• I think it should be changed to "Go outside, nerd."

• @dougswisher:

"Go outside, nerd."

But then you couldn't be watching!

• I like the slogan. Its nostalgic now to me
    But i miss the voice saying it. I believe when a show is dubbed a VA from that show should be saying it before the episode. Wouldnt take much effort to prerecord them and keep it on file.

• @mrb335:

I like the slogan. Its nostalgic now to me
    But i miss the voice saying it. I believe when a show is dubbed a VA from that show should be saying it before the episode. Wouldnt take much effort to prerecord them and keep it on file.

You sir, are very smart. I also request it. That was the main reason I really started to like the slogan.

• It makes me visibly upset that the OP called a slogan a logo

• @betuor:

You sir, are very smart. I also request it. That was the main reason I really started to like the slogan.

I think I'll make a thread with this idea in the suggestion box. I hope you and others will second it and get it moving.

• @mrb335:

I think I'll make a thread with this idea in the suggestion box. I hope you and others will second it and get it moving.

Sure thing. I'd love to hear some of the VAs doing the slogan.