Is it just me, or does this anime feature some homosexual undertones?

• Even the opening implies there's something more to Mikaela and Kuro than just being friends.

And in Episode 4

! that ending scene with Shiro and Kuro is very suggestive.

Not saying it's a bad thing, I'm just wondering if I'm the only one thinking this.

• I altered some of the text in your post to make it come across less abrasive and more politically acceptable.

But yes. While there's nothing "official" about Mika and Yu's supposed relationship, it does seem to be hinting rather strongly to them being more than friends.

• @SpacemanHardy:

I altered some of the text in your post to make it come across less abrasive and more politically acceptable.

But yes. While there's nothing "official" about Mika and Yu's supposed relationship, it does seem to be hinting rather strongly to them being more than friends.

Ah, thank you. I did not mean any harm with that statement, so sorry if it came off the wrong way,

• People usually think family is more intimate than friendship, and they are depicted as family members.

Frequently audiences project their own desires onto media and call it subtext, particularly when it pertains to romance. Advertisements sometimes play on these desires, but it is rare for an author or director to confirm rather than deny subtext. (The only instance of confirmation I know comes from the lesbian romance in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Perhaps that example is fitting.) Some fixate so utterly upon sex that it bewilders them to imagine two people who don't desire to rip off each other's clothes, yet still love one another.

• cause they're both seraphs and they're brothers (not biological)

• They were raised as brothers. Furthermore, they lived through a tough time together and relied on one another. One of them even sacrificed his life for the other. I'd say that their bond is probably a lot more than "just friends" but it doesn't necessarily mean that they want to sex each other up. In general, I'll admit that this anime does show guys being a bit more "touchy feely" with each other than I'd usually want to be with another dude, but I don't know if I'd call it "homosexual." You have to bear in mind that different cultures have different views on what is considered acceptable contact between people. In some countries, people kiss each other on the cheek as a form of greeting, and they don't consider it sexual.

• @fear3d:

In some countries, people kiss each other on the cheek as a form of greeting, and they don't consider it sexual.

Indeed! An old roommate of mine is from Puerto Rico. Her brother came to visit her, and then when it was time to say goodbye, he started to kiss me. He's openly gay, so I was REALLY confused. We still laugh about it.

• ^ I'll bet that was quite a shock. In one of the "professional communication" classes that I had to take a while back, there was a lot of material about dealing with people from other cultures. It was interesting how even stuff like how much eye contact you should make varies quite a bit from culture to culture.