Which anime is this?

• I remember watching an anime as a kid and can't find the name to it. Does anyone here know what it is. It's about a girl in a world where monsters are dominant and think humans are dangerous, so the monsters try to kill them. She tries to get back home, one of the last human settlements, with the help of good male monsters. It could also be demons instead and was just censored for TV. The main male monster looked like a human and had on a golden headband, I think. There was also a sequel about a different girl using the help of the same monsters or to find the original girl. Sorry if this topic is not allowed here.
    EDIT: Someone gave me the answer it's Shinzo.

• @Soul:

I remember watching an anime as a kid and can't find the name to it.

When did you watch?
    How did you watch?
    Where did you watch?

• @TIL:

When did you watch?
    How did you watch?
    Where did you watch?

When I was about 10 or under on TV. I don't know which station. So I would guess that I saw it anywhere between the years 2000-2005, maybe.

• That almost sounds like one of the Miyazaki films. My Neighbor Totoro, maybe?

• ^ No, I can tell you it's not Ghibli. DEFINITELY not My Neighbor Totoro, at that. :hmm:

Do you remember if it was a film or a TV series? What channel was it on, basic or cable? Did it look dated, like something from the 80s or 90s, or did it look fairly recent at the time?

• @SpacemanHardy:

^ No, I can tell you it's not Ghibli. DEFINITELY not My Neighbor Totoro, at that. :hmm:

Do you remember if it was a film or a TV series? What channel was it on, basic or cable? Did it look dated, like something from the 80s or 90s, or did it look fairly recent at the time?

It was a TV series. My family had cable, but I can't remember the channel. The animation looked recent. I also remember the first girl being taller, older, and calmer. The other girl was younger, shorter, had temper, and shoot her friends with a bazooka when she was mad. The monsters lost their memories in the second series.

• Some of the details lead me to think otherwise, however, I believe you may be thinking of Shinzo.

Re-reading it, I'm positive it's Shinzo.

• @ForlornBeliever:

Some of the details lead me to think otherwise, however, I believe you may be thinking of Shinzo.

Re-reading it, I'm positive it's Shinzo.

I just looked it up. It's Shinzo, thank you! Much appreciated!