Where does One Piece Strong World the movie take place in the show after what episode

• Well just wondering after which episode of the show does One Piece the movie Strong World take place? Thanks and God Bless

Also what is this movie even about does anyone know? Is there a lot of story to it or more for action fans? I'm hoping for more story and chaarcter development than action but would just like 2 know. Thanks again

• Strong World doesn't take place on any episode in the anime. The events of the movie are non-canon.
    However, supposedly, the only place the movie would fit would be somewhere between Thriller Bark and Saobody Archipelago.

• Alright thanks for the reply. God Bless

• Just to add a little bit more information.
    Funimation has dubbed up to around the end of the Enies Lobby Arc. (Season 5, Voyage 4(Up to episode 312))
    Here is a generalized timeline.

[Arc/Movie]: [Anime Episodes]
    Enies Lobby Arc: 264-290, 293-302 and 304-312.
    Return to Water 7 Arc: 313-325
    Lovely Land Arc: 326-335
    Thriller Bark Arc: 337-381
    [Potential [B]One Piece: Strong World Placement?]
    Spa Island Arc: 382-384
    [Potential [B]One Piece: Strong World Placement?]
    Sabaody Archipelago Arc: 385-405
    Amazon Lily Arc: 408-421

Sources: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/One_Piece_Film:_Strong_World

Seems like the movie could fit nicely between one of those two places.

:) I can't wait! >.<

• Between episodes 429 and 430 (I'm not quite certain but it would make sense because it would be right after the 4 "A Special Presentation Related to the Movie!" episodes)

PLOT: 20 years after his escape from Impel Down, the legendary pirate Shiki "the Golden Lion" reappears causing massive upheaval to the Marines. During his long seclusion, he was able to come up with a scheme to bring the World Government to his knees. On his way to execute the plan, Shiki crosses paths with the Straw Hat Pirates and becomes so impressed with Nami's knowledge of meteorology that he abducts her to forcedly enlist her into his crew. Luffy and the gang end up on a strange land populated with monstrous beasts as they desperately search for Shiki and Nami.

Theres not very much character development, and it does have action but there is a story, and I think its worth watching :)

• @isabellajeanne2311:

Between episodes 429 and 430 (I'm not quite certain but it would make sense because it would be right after the 4 "A Special Presentation Related to the Movie!" episodes)

While it does take place after those episodes, those episodes air out of sequence as well, in the middle of Impel Down, so that doesn't really help.

By the way, does anyone know if the movie spoils anything the dub hasn't reached yet (besides Brook joining of course).

Does it mention who Luffy's father and grandfather are? Because those aren't revealed until the DVD that comes out next week.

• I disagree, between episodes 429 and 430 would be the most logical area to watch the movie, but it doesn't really matter, you could watch the movie with only the basic understanding of the show and still understand what's happening.

The movie doesn't spoil very much, the only major spoil would be Brooke, and Brooke's voice actor

Luffy's father is Monkey D. Dragon, and his grandpa is Monkey D. Garp.
    (Father = Revolutionist, Grandpa = Marine Vice Admiral)

• @isabellajeanne2311:

I disagree, between episodes 429 and 430 would be the most logical area to watch the movie, but it doesn't really matter, you could watch the movie with only the basic understanding of the show and still understand what's happening.

While yes, that would be the most logical point to watch it, it's still not when the movie actually takes place, as "between episodes 429 and 430" are the entirety of Sabaody Archipelago, Amazon Lily, and part of Impel Down.

Luffy's father is Monkey D. Dragon, and his grandpa is Monkey D. Garp.
    (Father = Revolutionist, Grandpa = Marine Vice Admiral)

I know who they are. I want to know if the movie mentions them being related, as my sister hates spoilers.

• It doesn't mention who his family is, it doesn't have many spoilers if you watch up to Enies Lobby because Luffy uses both second and third gears. Other than that, i can't remember any spoilers that haven't been mentioned in this forum.

I watched the movie in between 429 and 430, because of the titles of the "A special Presentation Related To the Movie" episodes, but as i said before you could watch the movie anytime you want, it depends on you.

• So where does the movie take place after exactly which episode? Someone on here said between 429-430. So which voyage has episodes 429-430 on it? Thanks

• [religious rant deleted]

EDIT: Do NOT post blatant religious propaganda on these forums, especially in topics that have absolutely nothing to do with it. You've been warned about this a long time ago, so knock it off. -SH

• EDIT: Nothing to see here, people. Move along. -SH

• [angry rant deleted]

_EDIT: Do NOT post hateful messages of religious intolerance on these forums. You don't have to agree with other people's beliefs, but you WILL show them respect or you won't be posting on these forums anymore.

Also, you're responding to a post that's over a year old. Yeah. -SH_

• I thought the movie was canon. they even made a special "chapter 0" of the manga as a prequel. It would take place between thriller bark and saobody.