Worry no more, my friends…

• The ENTIRE original cast is returning for the broadcast dub of The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan.

http://www.funimation.com/shows/the-disappearance-of-nagato-yuki-chan/home

How FUNimation managed to pull this off, I have no clue.

But hey, you don't see me complaining. ^_^

• What about Johnny Yong Bosch as Koizumi? I mean, of the original cast, he's the one I'd think most likely to reprise his role (Well, him or Wendee Lee, who just recently did Hyperdimension Neptunia for 'em), but I don't see Koizumi anywhere on the page.

• at least 1 major character is always left out of the cast list for their broadcast dubs. don't know why, it just happens

• Sabat just confirmed on Twitter that the dub is being recorded in L.A. as a SAG production, directed by Todd Haberkorn with Alex Von David as assistant director and himself as producer.

It's legit, guys.

With this recent development, I figure it's a good day to break out this little beauty again:

• Heh, I was following that twitter thread, and it was quite enlightening. I knew Crispin had worked with Funimation before on Hellsing Ultimate, and I was really curious how that could be, between union requirements and Texas law. Never once did it occur to me that the dub might be recorded away from Funimation's own studios, in California. Certainly a clever way of pulling together something like this.

• ^ Yeah, with H:U, they were able to get the exact same director and the exact same studio as well, as Taliesin Jaffe, Johnathan Klein, and New Generation Pictures are all on friendly terms with FUNimation. People were worried about the Haruhi dub at first because it was originally dubbed at Bang Zoom by Eric Sherman, and let's just say…. his opinion of FUNi is not all that great. :hmm:

• Good jorb as expected, guys. :up:

• I'm worried, I am unable to stream The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya on funimation.

• I had a feeling this would happen. I wonder if this means that Haruhi is next in the Funimation pipeline of Sunrise licenses that'll be released on DVD/BD or on their site.

• @Sporkaganza:

I had a feeling this would happen. I wonder if this means that Haruhi is next in the Funimation pipeline of Sunrise licenses that'll be released on DVD/BD or on their site.

Haruhi isn't Sunrise, though. It's KyoAni.

Did you mean Bandai licenses, perhaps? :hmm:

@dogger23:

I'm worried, I am unable to stream The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya on funimation.

FUNi doesn't have the materials for the original series just yet. They'll officially announce it when they do.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Haruhi isn't Sunrise, though. It's KyoAni.

Did you mean Bandai licenses, perhaps? :hmm:

Yeah, I did. Silly me.

Anyways, I'd think that Haruhi and Lucky Star are the Bandai licenses they'd focus on next… or at least they would, if Haruhi'd had more staying power over the years. Realistically they're probably going for Code Geass.

But I guess it does also depend on which one they get all the streaming rights taken care of first.

• My second point of concern is, I don't want Nagato Yuki-Chan to disappear. Do you have any suggestions?

• I know it's been a while but…

The ENTIRE original cast is returning for the broadcast dub of The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan.

And what a great job they have done (again)! Very enjoyable. Definitely a buy should it ever get released on Blu-Ray.