Smart TV app

• I just got a shiny new smart TV and was eagerly hoping to watch some awesome anime on it. Unfortunately there is no Funimation app, so I can't stream to my smart TV. I found apps for Manga.com and Netflix, but it is just not the same. Hopefully the people at Funimation will come up with an app for smart TVs like they did for some game consoles. Then I will be able to watch my anime on the big screen instead of just on my laptop.

• @thorinxxx:

Hopefully the people at Funimation will come up with an app for smart TVs like they did for some game consoles. Then I will be able to watch my anime on the big screen instead of just on my laptop.

The big part of the problem is the number of smart TV platforms out there, combined with the market share of each brand of TV vs. the game consoles. It is akin to if every smart phone manufacturer had decided to develop their own OS.

In the end, you can wait for Funimation to develop an app for your smart TV (which may never happen), or you can purchase a device that will give you Funimation plus other choices your smart TV will never offer.