Purchasing from outside the US

• Hello,

I'm a Dutch anime fan.
    Unfortunately the stores to buy good anime are very limited (if there are even any).
    I don't understand why FUNimation won't allow non-US people to buy from their store!
    If I want any content from FUNimation, I have to search it on sites like Ebay.
    That is not ideal, since the price is sometimes higher than on this site.

I don't know if it is a licensing problem, but could anyone shed some light on this problem?

• It's a licensing problem.

You could try Amazon US, they usually have no problems shipping things internationally. Shipping from the US can get pricey though, so keep that in mind. You could also look into buying from the UK.

Also, be aware that the vast majority of anime you buy from the US will be coded for DVD R1 and BD A.

• www.RightStuf.com offers international shipping on the vast majority of their items, not to mention they have the best selection of anime from FUNimation as well as other licensing companies.

What Firefly said above is correct, though: You'll need either a US or region-free player to play them.

• The thing is, I can buy and watch (most) of the FUNimation stuff on my blu-ray player. It's just annoying that I have to buy it from a third party.
    I don't understand why this is a licensing problem, but I'm not that informed about those issues anyway.

• @doodgraver:

I don't understand why this is a licensing problem,

FUNimation only has a license to distribute to USA and Canada, so they cannot sell directly to you.

• You're probably better off sticking to Ebay and Amazon. No offense to Funimation but you might find better prices and especially lower shipping rates on these websites.