Dbz original american soundtrack?

• I take it for some reason funimation doesnt have the american soundtrack available for streaming, nor do they have the HD option available for streaming dbz. Must say im pretty disappointed, cus the main reason i got an all access funimation subscription was for HD dbz.

• It's more than likely licensing stipulations set upon them by Toei.

They're kinda kooky like that. :hm:

• are you serious!!! I just paid for an all access membership for DBZ and they don't have the American soundtrack!!! That totally kills the whole series because I don't want to be listening to American actors over Japanese ensemble music which is totally kooky and lame… Ugh... Please get this changed, I'm totally unhappy about this unsatisfied customer !!!

• Same, dbz was pretty much the only reason i purchased the all access subscription…the american soundtrack is what makes the show...i honestly would not like dbz near as much if the japanese soundtrack was the only option. No offense to anyone who likes it

• just wasted $8 on the all access pass….all access? why cant i access the Bruce Falcouner score for DBZ? thats some Bull.

• This comment by Scott Morgan should clear everything up.

"I haven't worked for Faulconer in 14 years. Mike hasn't worked for him in 13 years. Julius, 8 years. Besides that Funimation and Faulconer parted ways back in 2002. In 2003 Bruce sued Funimation, they countersued. It was a big party. They wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. EVER. Now they don't do replacement scores anymore. They use the Japanese score. It's standard now-a-days. Back in 1999-2000 the producers felt more need to Americanize the soundtrack. Those people(the ones that hired us to redo the soundtrack) haven't worked at Funimation in quite a long time either. Namely Barry Watson."

• [website removed] has the original broadcast. Its the version before they butchered the resolution and sound with the orange bricks… I think that version is louder and looks better than the Remastered.

EDIT: Do NOT post illegal streaming sites on these forums. -SH

• @gamergoku:

This comment by Scott Morgan should clear everything up.

"I haven't worked for Faulconer in 14 years. Mike hasn't worked for him in 13 years. Julius, 8 years. Besides that Funimation and Faulconer parted ways back in 2002. In 2003 Bruce sued Funimation, they countersued. It was a big party. They wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. EVER. Now they don't do replacement scores anymore. They use the Japanese score. It's standard now-a-days. Back in 1999-2000 the producers felt more need to Americanize the soundtrack. Those people(the ones that hired us to redo the soundtrack) haven't worked at Funimation in quite a long time either. Namely Barry Watson."

So Faulconer music is never coming back. DBZ will forever be a timeless classic. DB Super will feel different with the Japanese score, it won't have the epic sounding moments you got with Faulconer's SSj3 music. Oh well…at least we are getting some new DB content.

• I just bought the all access subscription yesterday and noticed it was the Japanese soundtrack as well. If there is no American soundtrack here on Funimation in canceling my subscription. Dragon ball is the only reason I got this to begin with hoping it would have the American soundtrack. Thanks for wasting my money Funimation.

• unless you somehow skipped the free trial period, you haven't wasted your money

• I am also going to cancel. The option should be there, period.

• @tonythetiger891:

I am also going to cancel. The option should be there, period.

Again, it's not up to FUNimation, but rather up to Toei.

If Toei says no American soundtrack, then FUNi's hands are tied. :hmm:

• On a side note all of the episodes for season 7 of dragon ball z have their American soundtrack and all episodes of season 2 of gt have their American soundtrack. Yet I can't seem to access dub with Japanese soundtrack for those episodes like I can for the rest of them. For me, this throw everything off. Either have it one way or the other. I had to buy season 7 on blu ray to get dub with Japanese music. I don't wanna have to do the same with season 2 of GT.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Again, it's not up to FUNimation, but rather up to Toei.

If Toei says no American soundtrack, then FUNi's hands are tied. :hmm:

That's terribly unfortunate and a huge miss for Toei - I don't think they realize the impact Faulconer Productions had on the vast majority of US viewers.

• I agree with you! I am currently trying the free trial but I guess I'm cancelling since they don't have DBZ's US version. I am REALLY disappointed.

• Its funny because if you buy the seasons from funimation, you have the option to switch between sountracks on the dvds.

• FUNimation doesn't do replacement scores for their shows anymore, why should they do it again after 10-something years?

• It's the nostalgia that is causing people to long for the Bruce Faulconer music. Nostalgia can make things people grew up with in their childhood seem pure and pristine.

I remember back in the day people who were partial to the original Japanese DBZ hated Faulconer's music because it never stopped playing in the background, as if Faulconer scored DBZ as if it was a video game or WWE match. I personally could not stand Faulconer's music for these reasons. I am glad that Funimation moved past that phase and I do not want them to return to replacing soundtracks just for a few unhappy people.

• @judgespear:

It's the nostalgia that is causing people to long for the Bruce Faulconer music. Nostalgia can make things people grew up with in their childhood seem pure and pristine.

I remember back in the day people who were partial to the original Japanese DBZ hated Faulconer's music because it never stopped playing in the background, as if Faulconer scored DBZ as if it was a video game or WWE match. I personally could not stand Faulconer's music for these reasons. I am glad that Funimation moved past that phase and I do not want them to return to replacing soundtracks just for a few unhappy people.

It's a lot more than a "few unhappy people," that score defined a generation of fans… and remember the '98 - 02 era was the high point in DBZ (in North America, to be clear) notoriety; e.g., playing cards, games, t-shirts, action figures, Burger King toys... etc... that really can't be denied (I'm 27 years old and lived in those times, DBZ was on fire and EVERYWHERE). Nostalgia goes a long way in the lasting success of a property...

The Japanese v. Faulconer argument will continue to go on but the proof is in the pudding, don't you think? (har har Frieza)... just look at all the YouTube videos with people wondering what the underscore is... oh wait, it's usually Faulconer ;-)

• If you want the Faulconer score, stick with the old DVDs. The license to use that score is like only for physical media, not streaming media.