lindsay seidel as anastasia nasuhara
    bryn apprill as ginbei haruomi sawatari
    ian sinclair as akio
    colleen clinkenbeard as akina
    cristina vee as ayumi himekawa
    megan shipman as kaoruko jinno
    morgan garrett as reika ryuuzaki
    felecia angelle as arisa takanomiya
    it's fine if it never gets dubbed, but this can be a cast for the future.

• I'm surprised at your cast. Is this because you have seen shows like D-Frag?

Anyway, it won't.

• Normally I would never say "never"; this show is the exception.

• funimation needs to dub the anime eventually, they always dub anime. they really shouldn't turn into sentai.

@TIL:

Normally I would never say "never"; this show is the exception.

funimation really shouldn't turn into sentai. they always dub anime.

@dabkowski:

I'm surprised at your cast. Is this because you have seen shows like D-Frag?

Anyway, it won't.

like I said, if funimation turns into sentai, then no more dubs for us.
    it's the same with black rock shooter, tatami galaxy and brocon.

now if black rock shooter gets dubbed I'm thinking this cast:
    wendee lee as black rock shooter/ mato kuroi
    cherami leigh as dead master/ yomi takanashi
    jamie marchi as strength/ yuu kotari
    clarine harp as black gold saw/ saya irino
    brina palencia as chariot/ kagari izuriha
    colleen clinkenbeard as hiro kuroi
    whitney rodgers as mother kuroi
    felecia angelle as arata kohata
    brittney karbowski as mother takanashi
    I HIGHLY DOUBT THE CAST WILL WORK BUT THIS IS POSSIBLE FUTURE.

EDIT: Please don't quadruple post. Use the Edit Post button instead. -SH

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• An OniAi dub would be nice.

• @neptuneroki:

funimation needs to dub the anime eventually, they always dub anime. they really shouldn't turn into sentai.

not anymore. they will still dub most of their anime, but a few will be released sub only based on a number of factors, the biggest one being poor simulcast numbers. Oniai's fate is to remain undubbed. A few sub only show does not mean they are turning into Sentai

• It's not getting a dub. Very, very few North American viewers would be interested in an incest comedy, as evidenced by the fact that this show was one of the lowest-watched simulcasts FUNimation has had. Incest isn't really a point of comedy in Western countries like it is in Japan. It also doesn't help that they add a 12 year old to the cast who also stretches the incest concept in a different way

"bu bu but it's not incest in the very last episode they-"

It's an incest comedy. No amount of twist at the end changes the fact that, for all but about 20 seconds of the show, it's an incest comedy

A subbed release for a show that got a very small viewership and was generally panned does not turn a localization powerhouse like FUNimation into Sentai. Your analogy doesn't even make much sense since Sentai puts out a LOT more dubs than someone like Aniplex, or PONYCAN, so I don't know why a few subbed releases would signify "no more dubs for us"

• FUNimation has already come out and stated that any series they put out sub-only will not be dubbed at a later date. This is the case with OniAi as well. The fact that the show has already ended up in the S.A.V.E. line only works to re-iterate that statement.

So no. OniAi will not be getting a dub.

• im ok with it not getting a dub. still is weird to find that funimation is starting to take the no dub path though.

• @goku8399:

im ok with it not getting a dub. still is weird to find that funimation is starting to take the no dub path though.

The only shows they haven't dubbed as far as I know are Symphogear, C3 and OniAi.

• symphogear and C3 don't really count since they are stuck in licensing limbo and only exist as simulcasts. Inari kon kon, Puchim@s and the .Hack movie are currently the other sub only releases

• @Getchman:

Inari kon kon, Puchim@s and the .Hack movie are currently the other sub only releases

Inari Kon Kon and Puchim@s are probably a matter of super low numbers as well. .Hack was a different situation entirely simply because they acquired the entire .hack franchise and everything that was included in it. Most everything of .hack was already dubbed by a different group but the movie never was, so of course they kept it as is.

Also to re-iterate Riles' point…incest comedy in general doesn't really work well for people. I'm cool with it being sub only and just...you know never watching it.

• well there's also black rock shooter, tatami galaxy and date a live 2. I don't know what else.

• BRS and Tatami only exist as simulcasts, and thus don't count as sub only releases, because they haven't been released. DAL 2 has not been released yet either so no, it doesn't count either.

• @neptuneroki:

well there's also black rock shooter, tatami galaxy and date a live 2. I don't know what else.

Black Rock Shooter is a sad victim of Aniplex sticking their noses into places they don't belong. And Date A Live II has been confirmed for a dub and home video release later this year.

As for Tatami Galaxy…. That's another can-o-worms entirely. :hmm:

• I didn't even know Funimation HAD Black Rock Shooter at all. And why did Aniplex interfere if they aren't going to do anything with the license at all?

Seriously how many other shows from other anime distributors has AOA interfered with because they produced it?

• @classyspartan:

Seriously how many other shows from other anime distributors has AOA interfered with because they produced it?

Let's see here:

• Forced Sentai to release Persona 4 on bluray dub-only.
    • Refused FUNi to handle the Baccano! bluray release, putting it out themselves and then letting it go out of print.
    • Letting streaming and physical rights expire for Hell Girl season 1 and Nerima Daikon Brothers.
    • Not letting FUNi put Black Butler in an Anime Classics release until many years later.
    • Only allowing FUNi to release Darker Than Black on bluray 8 years later, and only in an expensive limited edition collector's set with ugly packaging, meanwhile quietly discontinuing the Anime Classics DVD set entirely.

There are others, but yeah. :hmm:

• It was also reiterated at the Anime Central Q&A by Rojas and Tara that OniAi wasn't dubbed because FUNi didn't believe it would make its money back.