Anime Vs Novel Vs Manga

• I've recently finished reading the novel volumes that are available online and realized they've done a lot of cut and pasting with the anime. The reconciliation between Akeno and her father accord during the Loki incident, not after. It also has me me worried because it's during the Loki battle that Issei manages to communicate with another world. This one incident is vital because it is the driving force for the later plot when Rizevim Lucifer takes control of the Chaos Brigade so he can invade the other world. In my opinion, the anime is deviating too much from the novel and is risking to become something different.

• Don't forget that the Loki fight was supposed to be way different. Saji wasn't there in the beginning of that fight in the books but in the anime he was. They also completely skipped the Sona game which is where Issei shows off bilingual.

They did a lot of changing things around and while I can understand some things being omitted, it does bother me that some things are, like Akeno and Barakiel reconciling via Issei.

• Rias and Sona's little convo earlier leads me to believe that their rating game is coming up, so I don't think they're omitting it just flipping around the order of certain things. they also appear to be bringing the whole Oppai Dragon and Switch Princess thing in a lot earlier than in the LNs.

I honestly don't mind if they change some stuff around in the anime or differ from the LNs a bit, as long as the story flows smoothly and the changes make sense. same thing with Game of Thrones - the episodes differ from the novels but the main storyline is the same so it's actually kind of interesting to see what gets changed and how it works with the changes.

• This post is deleted!

• i noticed that as well i even went back to the Novel to see what diffrences their were and i was kinda middish about it to be honest because at one point i wanted to see more about Akeno and her father and honestly thought it would have been a great add on to their back ground in my opinion i know the anime will probably be another 12 episodes long but i am kind hoping that they wont deviated too much from the light novel

• Let's not forget that they have yet to show Issei's hysterical Oppai reading power. They didn't show it with the fight with Loki, they cut out the Rating Game with Sitra where it was introduced, and I have doubts it will be shown in the fight against Diodora's pawns.

• @followernumber1:

Let's not forget that they have yet to show Issei's hysterical Oppai reading power. They didn't show it with the fight with Loki, they cut out the Rating Game with Sitra where it was introduced, and I have doubts it will be shown in the fight against Diodora's pawns.

I think it will. They kind of teased that he has the ability in the episode with Akeno's date (which was supposed to be after the Diodora game btw). I can understand why they chose not to go through the rating game with Sona but they completely omit the parts that were important, like Bilingual and the level of smartness Sona has.

• OK, I think they are cut and pasting too much and have even started removing parts. They're leaving out all the parts that left me rolling on the ground laughing: the meeting of the Oppai Fairy during the Loki battle, the Oppai Dragon theme song during the Juggernaut Drive. They also removed the part where the Chaos Brigade tries to turn Asia into a bomb and added "Loki's curse." I'm starting to like the novel more than the anime and like the anime less.

• Well it looks like they cut out Chichigama and Bilingual in the Sona match, which are in my opinion too funny to cut out. If they cut out Fafnir's cooking class I wont forgive them. The manga seems to be be following the novel more accurately but the release is hundred times slower and I'll probably be dead by the time it catches up.

• @followernumber1:

Well it looks like they cut out Chichigama and Bilingual in the Sona match, which are in my opinion too funny to cut out. If they cut out Fafnir's cooking class I wont forgive them. The manga seems to be be following the novel more accurately but the release is hundred times slower and I'll probably be dead by the time it catches up.

Bilingual is still in the anime, it was introduced differently. Funimation doesn't translate as bilingual though, its booblingual, even though in the japanese dub Issei shouts out (pretty clearly imo) "bilingual." I will agree about Fafnir's cooking class, that's just too funny to omit.

I'm really curious on how they bring up Chichigami since her existence is the reason that Rizevim does what he is doing. Unless they don't expect the anime to last that long. Honestly if Gasper Irina Xenovia and Rossweisse didn't have their novels until after Cao Cao's rampage I'd say that they would end it with 12.

As an aside I can't wait until 19 gets the translation, Xenovia is my favorite character out of all of them but she still has barely gotten any spotlight.

• I really like Highschool DxD, I read the light novels that were in English: bored me to death and gave up. Read the few volumes of the Manga: awesome! puts the anime to shame on all levels. Watched the anime and despite liking it I found it extremely inferior to what its suppose to be based on.

• Where can I get the novels/manga?

• @RealxNicky:

Where can I get the novels/manga?

The novels aren't available in English yet, but you can buy the manga right here at RightStuf:

http://www.rightstufanime.com/category/Manga/themes/Fan-Service?keywords=high%20school%20dxd

• @SpacemanHardy:

The novels aren't available in English yet, but you can buy the manga right here at RightStuf:

http://www.rightstufanime.com/category/Manga/themes/Fan-Service?keywords=high%20school%20dxd

Clarification: the novels ARE in english they aren't translated by the like of Square Enix or Yen On. Its a group of fans that are translating it.

[EDIT: Do not post links to illegal content.]

Note: its free but if Fujimi Shobo doesn't want them (baka-tsuki) to keep DxD on their site they will take it down. So… to ensure you have em all i'd recommend downloading the epubs/pdfs (like I did)

• can you please help me
    I unfortunately saw the anime before read the light novels
    can you please pin point me for the chapter in the light novels that I should read n order to continue the anime story line because I cant forse myself to read the same thing that I already saw
    thanks for help

• I personally would start at book 5. Season three goes a bit out of order and thus skips some information, more like a lot, that is a bit important later on. I guess you COULD start about half way through 8 since its a collection of short stories, two of which are animated, one of them being important as far as overarching story.

Start at 5, it'll help with a lot of what happens in season 3 and establishes relationships better than season 3 has. Specifically when it comes to Issei's powers, the reason why Akeno is the way she is, and how strong the Gremory group is or is not.

• What is the difference between Manga and novels?