Higurashi, re-license it now.

• Who wants another horror anime to be added in Funimation's library? I have a suggestion, relicense Higurashi season one and license season two as well. With enough fans requesting, Funimation may change their minds and license the Higurashi series. And for those who would question me with the Geneon's season 1 cheesy dub, Funimation can just re-dub the first season with their actors and then dub the later season; like they did with One Piece. Funimation is missing a huge opportunity here, they just need to advertise it better, and allow more people to see interest in this series.

• once the acquisition department has made up their minds, they wont change it. they will not touch the Higurashi franchise

• This has already been done and over with for more than 2 years. Funi's not going to get anything related to it (Not even Umineko, which NIS has). Go ask either NIS or Sentai for those. Request to have this thread locked.

• I ask, how?

• @xstationo1:

I ask, how?

Funi already said (2 years ago) that they not going to get anything higurashi related (that also includes umineko) since it apparently bombed hard here during the Funi/Geneon deal

• Higurashi was and still is brilliant. The way it was structured to resemble multiple failed attempts of the game is something that I don't think had ever been done before or since. Literally the only thing that disappointed me was the pathetic excuse for a dub that sounded like a recording of the actors learning their lines.
    If Funimation decided to relicense this I'd be extremely happy! But very surprised.
    However…

@xstationo1:

With enough fans requesting, Funimation may change their minds and license the Higurashi series.

I don't care how you do it. Keep this thread going, get more people with the same opinions, and make Funimation realize that just because an anime that some other company picked up bombed, doesn't mean the same will happen for them.
    There are many factors that play a part in the western success of a series; many people don't want to read subtitles while listening to foreign vocals (I used to be one of them) and even reviewers criticized the dub as being terrible. If a series was dubbed by two different studios I'd go for the Funimation one every time.
    Mark me down as someone who wants this to happen, no matter how unlikely it may be.

• @Swordy537:

I don't care how you do it. Keep this thread going, get more people with the same opinions, and make Funimation realize that just because an anime that some other company picked up bombed, doesn't mean the same will happen for them.

This forum has absolutely no impact on how Funimation makes its decisions.

• As sad as it might be there is no possible way that they would re-license it. And honestly, it would be stupid of them to do so. You have to consider that Funi is a company who's main purpose is to make profit (not that that is a bad thing, the better they do the more series they can license for us.) The only way to do so is to make wise financial decisions. No matter how many people post in a forum, sign petitions, etc… that they want a series re-licensed, Funimation cannot ignore historical sales figures that it would be a bad decision to do so. A company who ignores such things is doomed to be short lived.

• Just screw Funimation and buy it from Australia's Siren Visual instead like I did. They also have several other great series US distributors seem to all have blacklisted like Denoh Coil. It's easy enough to get your PC to play other region's discs with some simple free software, the only downside is the lack of a dub for Kai.

• Alternatively, like I said before. Go ask Sentai or Maiden Japan. They are more willing to get those.

• i ask them over and over if the can bring back this anime and the answer was all was no so hopefully we can do it his time the more people who see this thread we night get it back

• @mcdc:

i ask them over and over if the can bring back this anime and the answer was all was no so hopefully we can do it his time the more people who see this thread we night get it back

this thread has no impact in the decision making process

• @batou01:

You have to consider that Funi is a company who's main purpose is to make profit (not that that is a bad thing, the better they do the more series they can license for us.) The only way to do so is to make wise financial decisions. No matter how many people post in a forum, sign petitions, etc… that they want a series re-licensed, Funimation cannot ignore historical sales figures that it would be a bad decision to do so.

That goes without saying; Funimation aren't going to pick up a series that they see no profit in, and they would be stupid to do so. But what I'm trying to explain is that having the sales and production handled correctly along with effort being put into the dub of a series (something that obviously didn't happen with the original) makes a huge impact on whether that series will sell and Funimaton are, in my opinion, the best in the field.
    And as I said in my previous post, I would be much more likely to buy a product licensed and dubbed by Funimation than by anyone else.

• @Kruszer:

Just screw Funimation and buy it from Australia's Siren Visual instead like I did. They also have several other great series US distributors seem to all have blacklisted like Denoh Coil. It's easy enough to get your PC to play other region's discs with some simple free software, the only downside is the lack of a dub for Kai.

The lack of dubs (Higurashi's dub didn't happen IMO…) and BDs is a big turn-off for me.

Though I can't say that I'm particularly interested in rewatching weirdly-drawn lolis going on murderous rampages again, if I were, I would prefer to have a solid English dub as an option.

• The VN will be available on Steam pretty soon. As much as I love the anime, it will probably be cheaper, and easier to just play through the VN.

• Steam…ugh.

• There's always Mangagamer.

• right! more higurashi funimation please

• Magic 8 Ball points to…. Sorry, but theres A better chance of teaching your dog how to yodel. :(

Yeah it sucks Higurashi didnt do well enough to dub the rest, I would have bought em...but oh well.

I guess theres still a chance someone could give the rest a sub only release someday though.

• I really hope Sentai picks up Kyo Kara Maoh cause Funi never got the third season. I don't care if it is dubbed or not I just want it and another re-release of the first two seasons since everything from this series is oop. -___- It sucks that I get into series after its long gone from the market….

Along with a couple other series including Higurashi they were not profitable enough to dub so no more Higurashi until Sentai or someone else gets it.

• From rootsofjustice's Twitter:

Bombshell from the Discotek booth. Higurashi MIGHT have been rescued. Heroic party responsible unknown. #AnimeBoston