Oculus rift SAO game

• Is there a sword art online game to play on oculus rift, if so what else will I need for that?
    Thanks!

• There is not.

SAO has a few video games, but they are for PSP/PS Vita (one is PS3 as well), and only Hollow Fragment (Vita, download only) has received an English release.

• There is currently an Sao game that is trying to be made on oculus. Its a 3rd party and barely has anything on it yet. When I say barely I really do mean just the link start and a forest area with a path lol

Edit: this is all they have so far lol. http://youtu.be/HVD7ryYyL_Q

Oh wait how could I forget the most recent anime expo. I completely forgot that Bandai announced they are making an official oculus SAO game. Here's the preview. Sorry lol. So yea It's being made right now. http://youtu.be/haOWhnps1fE

• This post is deleted!

• @Katie: I fixed that typo in the topic title for you. ~_^

@Vex: Please don't double post. Use the Edit Post button instead.

• @vexthegreat:

Oh wait how could I forget the most recent anime expo. I completely forgot that Bandai announced they are making an official oculus SAO game. Here's the preview. Sorry lol. So yea It's being made right now.

Really? Hm, that's cool. First I've heard about it, would have thought something like that would have been a bigger deal.

• @Firefly:

Really? Hm, that's cool. First I've heard about it, would have thought something like that would have been a bigger deal.

Yea look it up on YouTube, they show Bandai booth showing off the preview to the people at the last anime expo. It's very recent news. I'm really excited for it myself. Huge fan of Sao.

• is there a release date?

• @katie99:

is there a release date?

As of right now there is no release date because technically oculus rift doesn't have an official release date either. Oculus pre orders for consumer version should take place at the end of 2015. Then it will be released sometime "hopefully" early 2016. With the release of Oculus there will be a bunch of indie game titles along with a few big company titles. Personally I believe around that time we will hear about the Sao progress from Bandai and whether or not it will be released that year or the following. I know it sucks we have to wait so long. I'm just as impatient as every Sao fan out there lol. Think of it this way, you have some time to upgrade your computer to run all the new oculus games you will be downloading upon release =D