Which 4Kids dubbed animes has Funimation gone and redubbed?

• I am aware that several animes previously imported and localized/translated by 4Kids have now been redone by Funimation. I know One Piece was, but what about Shaman King, Sonic X, Mew Mew Power (called Tokyo Mew Mew in Japan), Kirby Right Back At Ya, and others?

• Thats basically it. The other 4kids ones wouldnt do very well in sales here in the US. Yugioh and Shaman King are proof seeing how the uncut dub which while still used the american names didnt last past three volumes.

• @goku8399:

Thats basically it. The other 4kids ones wouldnt do very well in sales here in the US. Yugioh and Shaman King are proof seeing how the uncut dub which while still used the american names didnt last past three volumes.

The problem with those dubs is that they didn't offer what anime fans were hoping for. In addition to Funimation doing a much better job than 4Kids did, there's something else that most anime fans want, that was not provided in the Shaman King release from Funimation. That something that was missing was good subtitles. The subtitles that were used were dubtitles, where the subtitles simply are the displayed text of the English dub (like close captioning), instead of what subtitles are SUPPOSED TO BE, which is a much more accurate Japanese-to-English translation than could ever be provided by a dub. If the DVDs you spoke of did poorly, it is the fault of Funimation for using dubtitles, not that the shows themselves themselves are unpopular and would do poorly in the US. Just go to any forum where anime fans (Funimation's primary audience) gather and ask them what is their favorite anime. You will see animes being mentioned like Shaman King, One Piece, Naruto, etc. If Funimation actually did research by having their market research employees joining anime forums and actually ASKING their target audience what they want to see, instead of trying to guess, Funimation wouldn't be having the problems you describe.

The fact is that MOST anime fans want Japanese spoken language, with English subtitles, that are as accurate as possible of a translation of the spoken Japanese dialog. They don't want dubtitles. And they don't even want enhanced dubtitles (same as dubtitles, but with the character names being the original Japanese names), which is what the current Funimation version of Shaman King uses. If those exist, that's just icing on the cake. If an English language dub exists, that's also just icing on the cake, but isn't the main way anime fans want to see their animes as there's no way to pick English words that are both completely accurate translations of the original Japanese words and also at the same time fit properly with the characters' mouth movements.

If the Shaman King DVD that Funimation previously released had used actual accurate subtitles, and Japanese spoken language, those DVDs would be flying off the shelves. Trust me. I'm a big anime fan myself. And I know that Funimation knows how to do it right, because just within the past year One Piece was released with correct English subtitles and Japanese spoken language, and it was a VERY popular product. That mistake with Shaman King was done back in like 2004 or 2005, and should be fairly easy to fix. Just give it correct subtitles, and re-release it. And then do the same for all the other animes that I mentioned (like Sonic X, Tokyo Mew Mew, Kirby Right Back At Ya, etc).

• @animedude5555:

If the DVDs you spoke of did poorly, it is the fault of Funimation 4Kids for using dubtitles,

Fixed that for you.
    All FUNi did was distribute. All issues of translations, packaging, manufacturing, etc. were 4Kids.
    You may freely beat their dead horse (what's left of it). ~_^

• Did yugioh uncut really do bad though?

• @dabkowski:

Did yugioh uncut really do bad though?

There was no market for it.