Movie weekend!

• What I would like is for Saturday and Sundays on every week is to promote and post a hot anime movie with dub and sub. Something like Summer Wars, Jin Roh, Red Line, Sword of the Stranger, etc. But instead maybe something I haven't actually seen or aimed at a larger audience (I don't mind family friendly movies, as long as it's good).

But the problem is I know fans will ruin this by suggesting what's popular like Dragon Ball Z or Fairy Tail movies, so there gotta be limits. Like no movies that require watching the TV or any other material first (so no Trigun, sadly), it has to be animated (no 100% CGI), and no live action.

Anyone else up for this?

• You're not very clear on what you're actually going to be doing as far as "posting" a movie goes, so I'm not going to just immediately delete this thread, but you miiiiiight want to consider both the legal ramifications of what you're doing, and whether or not you actually want us to officially know about it by posting it on our forums. ;)

• CJ you should probably delete this thread, there's absolutely no legitimate reason to post any movies whatsoever, even if the movie is legal and available for streaming.

All that had to be done was make a topic called, "Recommend me some good anime films" in a different part of the board, and I'm sure that would've been enough.

• @CJ:

You're not very clear on what you're actually going to be doing as far as "posting" a movie goes

To be clear, I'm not doing anything. This is a suggestion page right? I'm just suggesting a movie event, if not weekly then monthly. Instead of movies already posted here, FUNimation could post one quality movie that's not for streaming for one weekend only as an event.

@dabkowski:

there's absolutely no legitimate reason to post any movies whatsoever

what? There's already movies posted here. It would be kinda stupid for a streaming site to not have content. Even if there was no movies and only tv shows, there are a ton of reasons to have movies. Movies tend to have higher quality overall and less commitment than tv series so it's easier to watch with friends.

@dabkowski:

All that had to be done was make a topic called, "Recommend me some good anime films"

Again what? This has nothing to do with recommending 'some good anime films'.

FUNimation has a lot of good movies but they don't put it online due to wanting people to buy the DVD's or Blu Rays (I'm assuming). They could post it here temporary for a movie weekend, promote it, get people talking/interested, give this site some spice with a weekly event, and other good things. It's just a suggestion.

• The part that was most confusing was that all the anime movies you listed are NOT from Funimation except Summer Wars. I'm guessing CJ was thinking the same as I was.

• @kin42:

FUNimation has a lot of good movies but they don't put it online due to wanting people to buy the DVD's or Blu Rays (I'm assuming).

Most likely they don't have rights to stream the movie over the internet. Also they'd be limited to the movies in their catalog.