Video Not Available in Your Territory while in the US

• I've been searching around for a while and every single thread that said something about this has been shut down. Yeah, I know, I already submitted a support ticket.

I feel bad for everyone living outside the US and Canada that doesn't get to enjoy all the great anime hosted on this site, but I live in the US and I get the "This video is not available in your territory." message. What the **** is going on with that?! I've tried several videos, not just full episodes. I can't even view the clips and trailers.

The whole reason for this thread is to see how many people are having the same issue, what the cause of the issue is, and if anyone has found a fix or work around, and to just F-ING COMPLAIN about it. RRRRRRAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR…..It feels good to yell about things sometimes.

• Have you already tried disabling your Anti-Virus and Firewalls yet?

Cause this is usually one of the main causes for the video player to not work properly. Once you have done this restart your browser and you should be able to view the videos just fine.

If this doesn't work then:

1. What Operating System and Web Browsers are you using?

• Yep Yep. I'm not the greatest but I'm pretty tech savvy, and I've been searching the net for a few hours trying to figure out what's up. The only thing I haven't tried is running the page under a VPN proxy service.

I'm on Windows 8 and tried to use both IE and Chrome. And yes, I've done the all the trouble shooting for each of those.

I'm sure that funimation has a reason for doing the regional black outs, but if you're going to do it, do it right…>=(

• Okay, try downloading and running Comodo Dragon (based off of Chromium) or Comodo IceDragon (based off of Firefox). Naturally, both browsers still retain the same layout as the original browsers they are based off of. You just have a few more security options in these version is all.

Dragon link: http://www.comodo.com/home/browsers-toolbars/browser.php?key5sk1=33219a2a9f4e01caf44e488f50179f329cdb6583&key5sk2=2128&key5sk3=1383427589000&key5sk16=2742&key5sk17=1383427587000&key6sk1=&key6sk2=CH29100&key6sk3=7&key6sk4=en-us&key6sk5=US&key6sk6=1&key6sk7=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.comodo.com%2F&key6sk8=119900&key6sk9=19201080&key6sk10=true&key6sk11=3136273a3b4e6b2478e7ae3f07becb8355d5dd86&key6sk12=2034&key7sk1=2&key1sk1=dt&key1sk2=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.comodo.com%2F

• Click the icon on the top left corner of the browser.
    • Click Settings –> Show Advanced Settings
    • Under the Privacy section turn on Enable Malware Domain Filtering
    • Turn off "Send a 'Do Not Track' request with your browsing traffic"
    • Restart browser and try watching videos on the Funimation website

IceDragon Link: http://www.comodo.com/home/browsers-toolbars/icedragon-browser.php?key5sk1=8cf7af2cacdf60458c94510406712f70e0dfc1fc&key5sk2=2128&key5sk3=1383416141000&key5sk6=2128&key5sk7=1383416138000&key5sk8=2128&key5sk9=1383416149000&key6sk1=&key6sk2=CH29100&key6sk3=7&key6sk4=en-us&key6sk5=US&key6sk6=0&key6sk7=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.comodo.com%2F&key6sk8=119900&key6sk9=19201080&key6sk10=true&key6sk11=3136273a3b4e6b2478e7ae3f07becb8355d5dd86&key6sk12=2034&key7sk1=2&key1sk1=dt&key1sk2=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.comodo.com%2F

• Click the icon on the top left corner of the browser.
    • Click Options –> Privacy (This will allow you to see the Tracking options.)
    • From here, switch the Tracking preferences to "Tell websites I want to be Tracked."
    • Then click "OK" button and immediately restart the browser.
    • After which, try to watch a video on the Funimation website.

If it still doesn't work then:

• Go to the Advanced tab --> General --> System Defaults
    • Turn on "Enable Malware Domain Filtering"
    • Then click "OK" button and immediately restart the browser.
    • After which, try to watch a video on the Funimation website.

Both solutions worked for me without having to disable my Anti-Virus, Firewall, or IPv6 within the browser.

Also, make sure that all Plug-ins (Adobe Flash Player, etc) in the browser(s) your using is up-to-date.

@JysusCryst: I would have sent you this via PM instead, but you currently have your account set not to receive PM.

• @JysusCryst:

I've been searching around for a while and every single thread that said something about this has been shut down. Yeah, I know, I already submitted a support ticket.

I feel bad for everyone living outside the US and Canada that doesn't get to enjoy all the great anime hosted on this site, but I live in the US and I get the "This video is not available in your territory." message. What the **** is going on with that?! I've tried several videos, not just full episodes. I can't even view the clips and trailers.

The whole reason for this thread is to see how many people are having the same issue, what the cause of the issue is, and if anyone has found a fix or work around, and to just F-ING COMPLAIN about it. RRRRRRAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR…..It feels good to yell about things sometimes.

Since you are a subscriber I suggest you try this solution for disabling IPV6 in your browser because that seems to be the cause of most of the issues.

This link leads to the Elite members forum -
    http://www.funimation.com/forum/showthread.php?431-Anyone-know-how-to-disable-IPV6-for-chrome

• Arrrrg…Well, so far nothing is working...New browsers, disabling IPv6...trying to download the other browser now as a last ditch effort until the Funimation support ticket gets responded too...

I'd rather have this be public anyway instead of in a PM, because if other people are having problems with this (and I know there are) then they can all see the solution, not just me. Same with disabling the IPv6, I think everyone should be able to see that, not just subscribers, but it's just to simple to google that.

This is just so frustrating! I want to legally watch all the anime I can't get off of Netflix or something!

• Sorry for the double post, just wanted to say that Comodo Dragon actually worked. Had to re-install the flash player, but it works! Thanks much for all the help, and like I said in my last post, I'd like to keep this very public to help other with the problem.

Now to finally get around to watching my anime!

• I'm glad that the solutions here worked for you in the end.

I hope you enjoy watching the videos you are entitled to on the Funimation website.

Personally, I don't mind sharing solutions that have a potential chance of working. But as I said in another thread, I still agree with submitting a Support ticket and waiting for a response back because not everyone's problem is always going be the same problem.

• This post is deleted!

• Hey, just going to pop in here to say that the main thing we have found that resolves this issue is disabling IPv6.

However, we can't provide in-depth help through the forums, you'll have to go through a support ticket for that. :)

• Thank you for posting this!!! I've been waiting on support to respond back to me, but it's taking awhile. It's already been 2 weeks since I've been charged, and I still can't watch videos! Very frustrating. I haven't tried this yet, but I'll let you know how it goes.

• Yay disabling IPv6 worked!!! Thanks, everyone!

• Ok, I'm not very techy and a) what is IP6v. b) just a few give me the "can't watch due" notice. Should I send in a ticket?

• @THE_KART96:

Ok, I'm not very techy and a) what is IP6v. b) just a few give me the "can't watch due" notice. Should I send in a ticket?

You should always consider sending in a ticket to Support if you aren't sure on how to solve a problem. But make sure to also visit the FAQ section of the website, to see if the answer to your question hasn't already been posted. And finally, please refrain from posting short snippets of a problem because it is harder to help you (or anyone else) to find a solution to the problem. The more accurate information you give us about the problem the better we can try and assist you in finding a solution to your problem.

As for your questions:

1. Simply put, Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) is a communication protocol that gives your computer (or any other devices connected on a network) an unique identification number (address) and helps route inward and outward traffic on whatever Internet connection you have.

Read more about it here: Wiki Internet Protocol Version 6

1. If your video player stated "This video is not available in your territory" and you live within the US & Canada then it might be an issue with IPv6 being enabled. Try disabling IPv6 within your browser to see if that will work for you.
    • If the video player states you need to be 17 years or older to view the video then that has to do with your age (Date of Birth) setting in your account.

Question: Which videos can you watch? And which ones can't you watch?

• Thanks for the info Soul. Checked and everything seems to be working. I didn't change anything on my end, but I seem to be able to watch them all now.

• I have tried everything thing that was suggested and nothing works…......good god this is the worst

• Please also take a look over at this thread:

http://www.funimation.com/forum/showthread.php?776-quot-This-Video-Not-Available-in-Your-Territory-quot

This is the official thread for this issue.

Please feel free to post any troubleshooting solutions there that have worked for you, aside from the ones listed. However, if you are having this issue, please make a ticket.

If you have described the error message correctly, you should receive a response within 24 hours (not including the weekend). However, it is worth noting that we do NOT have a workaround to this issue that resolves the issue in 100% of the cases, yet, for the new site. This issue is a high priority issue and we are collecting data about it at this time, but if you're waiting awhile to hear back after IPv6 didn't work for you, it's likely because we don't have anything new to tell you yet.

• Just wanted to stop by and inform you, CJ, that I have tried viewing the web player on the Funimation website in multiple web browsers and it has been working without any problems.

Tested browsers in Windows 7 & 8.

Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Comodo Dragon and IceDragon.

I have never disabled IPv6 in any of the browsers, have both my Anti-Virus & Firewall Turned On, "Send a 'Do Not Track' with browsing traffic" Turned On, 3rd Party Cookies & Trackers set to Blocked, and Pop-up Blocker Turned On.

• I have the same problem except i am on mac. If anyone knows anything please help! I have tried all of these suggestions and nothing seems to work. I can sometimes make one random video play but other than that no videos will play.

• If you want to try disabling IPv6, here's the instructions for a Mac:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4667

• @Keturah:

I have tried everything thing that was suggested and nothing works…......good god this is the worst

sat and thought, how did I fix this prob before, and I simply used anonmyouse, and it played the video on youtube that it said I couldn't see in US. hope that was your issue and this helps.