Anyone Else Disappointed with the New FairyTail?

• So I'm a huge FairyTail fan. Seen all the anime, read all the manga, etc.

But I gotta say - ever since the new animated season of FairyTail came out, I'm falling more out of love with it everyday.
    1. Where are the theme songs from the original series? They were awesome!!! The new ones are flat and boring. Anyone know why they took them out?
    2. All the characters seem to have the same facial expressions - Erza, Lucy, Natsu and Wendy look like they have the same emotions in every scene…
    3. Roughly 10 minutes or more of the new "Demon" arc episodes are recap, flash back and intro/credit clips so you only get about 10 minutes of new show - I'm not buying DVD's I have to fast forward half of, are they kidding?
    4. And what's with the constant, over-the-top sexual innuendos? I mean, while Erza was fighting Sagittarius in the "Keys" Arc, she actually put a ball gag in his mouth! There are panty shots, missing clothes in EVERY episode, constant boob comments - come on! The original series never needed to resort to this immature garbage in every episode, give it a rest.

If you're still lovin' it as much, tell me what you're focusing on? Maybe I can regain my love for the show :) Thanks!

• It seems all have just read and ignored you but I have 1 word to answer all your distastes.

"Fanservice"

• Well, the flashbacks have been dialed down considerably these last few episodes. And the story is currently in what many manga-readers consider to be the best arc since the Tower of Heaven.

• @immblueversion:

Well, the flashbacks have been dialed down considerably these last few episodes. And the story is currently in what many manga-readers consider to be the best arc since the Tower of Heaven.

Hmm, good to know, thanks! I just picked it back up again with the Tartaos Arc and watched to the current ep.

I read the manga too. Must say, they are really keeping to the story line huh? Guess that's cool for the manga fans who like things to keep tightly to the original. Have to say though, I kinda like the little episodes where they go off on jobs and stuff that aren't part of the manga. I think they do some fun character development during those eps sometimes and I liked the initial, light atmosphere of adventure in the first two arcs. Kinda miss it.

Thanks for the other note! Only had 4.45 minutes of opening flashbacks and intro this time, LOL! Guess we're making progress.

I'm looking forward to - well, I guess I can't say right or you have to say spoiler or something? I don't know how to do that so I'll just say I'm looking forward to a couple of the upcoming fights and the finale! I hope they are exciting!

Anymore thoughts from anyone on what they liked, didn't like - pile in! I'd love to hear some thoughts… Thanks all!

• @Crones:

It seems all have just read and ignored you but I have 1 word to answer all your distastes.

"Fanservice"

Ok, so bad with the lingo. Is fanservice kind of like saying - mildly - eye candy for guys? or is it girls too?

• @srsims:

Ok, so bad with the lingo. Is fanservice kind of like saying - mildly - eye candy for guys? or is it girls too?

Basically yes. And yeah, it covers eye candy for both guys and girls.