Please calm down!!!!

• The cast changes to High School DxD
    are sad (it was good with the original actors). But, the new line-up is very good and I am just glad Funimation is dubbing the show right away and also showing it weekly on their app. I am very happy with the direction Funimation is going with their app.

• Thank you Delviz, and I agree. This outrage has gone too far and really needs to stop. It's not an ideal situation, but it is what it is, and the new actors, while different, aren't bad at all.

• I do believe they could've gotten someone else instead of Josh. Him and Scott sound quite different. I didn't hear much of a difference from Kelly and Teri aside from the fact that Teri sounds a bit older, but to be fair, I'm not a fan of the DxD series so I didn't see many episodes, let alone a season or two.

• Well honestly, Funimation should have come right out with the announcement about the changes first. The way that the announcement was originally posted, led a lot of us to believe that the only reason Scott Freeman and Teri Rogers were not available was because Funimation wanted to get the Broadcast dub out ASAP.

If they had been straight up with everyone from the beginning, I think a lot more people would have been on board with the cast changes.

• @Series5Ranger:

Well honestly, Funimation should have come right out with the announcement about the changes first. The way that the announcement was originally posted, led a lot of us to believe that the only reason Scott Freeman and Teri Rogers were not available was because Funimation wanted to get the Broadcast dub out ASAP.

If they had been straight up with everyone from the beginning, I think a lot more people would have been on board with the cast changes.

They did say that. People just magically assumed that because Justin Cook said, "life gets in the way", it meant life would only get in the way for a broadcast dub. Do you really think Funimation is stupid enough to do a broadcast dub knowing that the actors can come back later on? Obviously not. It sucks, but that is life.

• The backlash of the change in VA was childish to say the least. It sucks they has to change VA's, But the way people reacted was just ridicules, Funi knew the change wan't necessarily going to be liked but the attitude the fans gave was uncalled for. You hardly see anyone complain when the original Japanese VA's change to due to "life getting in the way".

• @Dragon0:

You hardly see anyone complain when the original Japanese VA's change to due to "life getting in the way".

That's because it would have happened this way in Japan.

-Production committee makes an announcement of the change as soon as they know about it.
    -The actor being replaced makes an apology (if he's able to) to the fans and asks them to support the new VA in the role.

-See the difference? it's all about respecting the fans of the show as they are the reason they have their jobs.

-Funimation knew about the cast changes at least a month in advance of the simuldub, yet they decide to wait an hour before the simuldub begins to actually announce the cast changes? If you've ever been involved with grief counseling that's the worst way to do it. You have to give people time to process that change is going to happen, instead of just dumping that on them all at once. To be fair, yeah it's not going to change the outcome, the cast changes are still going to happen, and it won't make a difference in the outcome, but they still could have handled it better.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Out of respect for the privacy of all involved, several of the previous posts have been deleted.

In summary, due to several unfortunate circumstances in his life, Scott Freeman has retired from voice acting.

May we wish him well in all his future endeavors, and hope that everything turns out alright for him.

• @Series5Ranger:

-Production committee makes an announcement of the change as soon as they know about it.
    -The actor being replaced makes an apology (if he's able to) to the fans and asks them to support the new VA in the role.

-See the difference? it's all about respecting the fans of the show as they are the reason they have their jobs.

But there is less childish complaining. How it was handle was different. However even if it was handled the same way here, the result would have been the same. Fans still would have blamed funi and the actors for something that was out of their control. As if they've never has extraordinary circumstances happen in their lives keep them form ding things they wanted. You can try and cover for the whiners all you want by saying "its caused it was handled better" but the truth is the results would have been the same.

• @Dragon0:

You hardly see anyone complain when the original Japanese VA's change to due to "life getting in the way".

This is false

I mean, otaku will flip out even if there's a clear explanation as to why they're leaving voice acting, such as Aya Hirano: http://kotaku.com/5606155/voice-actress-pisses-off-otaku

If you think this casting change is a backlash, imagine the reaction to casting changes in a place where anime really matters

• AMEN, I posted on the Funimation FB page about this. Scott and Teri CHOSE to move on so all you whiney kids need to respect THEIR choice and deal with it. Trust me, there are more important things in life than a change in voices in a cartoon. If there isn't, then maybe ya'll should get your life priorities in check and grow up. Josh and the young lady voicing Akeno now are doing a great job so give it a few episodes and you'll get used to the change, if not then why do you feel the need to blast it. If you don't like something move on with it instead of acting like a group of hissy fit throwing, living in a basement, no-life jack-wads. Well, I'm done with this topic now.

Um, they did announce the change before the broadcast dub started.

EDIT: Please don't double post. Use the Edit Post button instead. -SH

• This post is deleted!

• @jvm125:

Um, they did announce the change before the broadcast dub started.

If you actually read my post I stated that they did, an hour before the Broadcast dub

• I watch the sub just because I didnt like the english script but in my opinion I can say that I like the change but understand how hard it is from a fan's point of view to have to deal with these types of changes. Was upset when shakugan no shana switched studios and in effect VAs and also when saber marionette had three different studios.

just have to go into these things with an open mind.

• i understand there are changes. trust me i have heard the other voice changes in this anime but they have been subtle compared to this one. i am just saying they could have done a better job when it comes to the star of the anime. i think they just didnt take the time to get someone who is closer matching to scott. look at scooby-doo over its yrs and its voice actors. they took the time to replace the aging and retiring voice actors over the 40 something yrs it has been around. i grew upon it and so have my kids because they did so much to make the changes as subtle as possible. key to keeping the people around is managing these changes with the absolute professionalism. i am sure josh is great for many other animes but for the voice change in this one he was not. better choices need to be made if you want to keep people interested and bring as much money as you can from the product. people are fickle and will drop what they use to like on anything if the change is noticeable and they dont like it. remember what happened to coke when they dropped the old recipe and came out with new coke. most of us as kids then do know. remember history on how good things were ruined with the wrong changes because people really didnt think about what they were doing a head of time. i give my best to the retiring cast members and they will be missed