Psycho Pass Movie

• When will we be getting the psycho pass subbed movie in America?

• Short answer? When it's ready. :hmm:

Long answer? There's no official news at this time.

• Funimation has just recently announced it's coming to theatres in 2016. It's on their blog at http://www.funimation.com/blog under the July entries.

• Very excited but I don't think I can wait that long :'(

• Awesome detective show, and a must see. + 1 like more please 8D

• It involves Kogami = Already better than season two!

• Im soooo excited to see this film in theaters. We would have preferred dub but I'm grateful that Funimation will be putting this on the silver screen. Pre-Ordering Tickets Day 1!

• Speaking of preordering tickets, has there been any updates on when we will be able to start purchasing tickets?

• Does anyone know when or where I can find out if there are any theaters near me that will be playing this? I assume I will be getting E-Mails about it but I want to know ASAP.

• Would anyone know if the film will be releasing in Puerto Rico like they did with Dragonball Z resurrection F and the Attack On Titan live action movies? Thank you for bringing both of those btw Funimation ❤️

• So, Psycho-Pass tickets are on sale now! Go to Funimationfilms.com to get yours. I picked up a couple tickets earlier today, but realized that it doesn't say which language it is. Funimation said they are releasing in both subs and dubs, so do you think that all theaters will show both?

• I just hope they add more theaters in the Miami, FL area because Cinebistro is crazy expensive. Almost $18 per ticket.

• @geomon:

I just hope they add more theaters in the Miami, FL area because Cinebistro is crazy expensive. Almost $18 per ticket.

Pfft….be glad you live in a 'major' location like Miami where you even get the option....:(

Sucks for the rest of us living in less-than-metro fly locales. Matter of fact, where exactly does that leave the rest of us?? :/

• Shiva as funi has practically zero penitration into the hollywood mega media monopoly.. It leaves us where we always have been. Dependant on fan sites if we want to see these films. If you are lucky in 3 or 4 years funi might pick up the rights for a physical release that they will charge you $50 to purchace after pre selling it and repeatedly failing to deliver when promiced lmao

• Well Cineplex finally has it up on its website for Canada (Funimations still has nothing);
    http://www.cineplex.com/Movie/psychopass-the-movie-japanese-west

But sadly, its only with english subs….

Hoping for an update for dub... /me crosses fingers

• OK so i know the movie is going to be released in a few theaters on the 15th and 16th so is there any idea as to how much longer after that it will be available to buy on DVD and or Blu-ray i need to know because i sooooooo wanna see it but i have no friends that will go with me and i also have work on those days so if anyone knows anything or if you can give me a guesstimate as to when it will come out on DVD or Blu-ray

• I am extremely Jaded with Funimation at how they released this and "The Boy and The Beast"

CANADA WIDE RELEASE!!!

Ontario and a few token theatres on the coast. For SIX MONTHS!!! I have been getting trailers, adverts and the like for this movie. The CLOSEST SCREEN is OVER 800 km away and I am in a provincial capital. I mean hell!!!! STUPID! No way in hell I will be buying it on Blueray if they screw me like that and darned if I will buy anything else.

Oh, and I contacted Cineplex about it too. They told me that they were not authorized by distributor to air it here. The Distributor gave rights to where it is allowed to be shown and when.

THANKS!!!!

Edit: Oh, and despite this being my first post, please note that I have been a steadfast supporter of the genres for decades. Since the mid 90s when it first started becoming more accessible in north america, I always have been a supporter of the industry. Never downloading or watching illicit streams. I buy, I sub, I defend purchasing the media.

But if this is the way they view and treat the customer base with token distribution, well I will support other mediums, but I am seriously considering the renewal on my simulcast here.

Edit 2: Also, I am pretty sure it isnt due to lack of sales either. Madoka, AoT movies, Evangelion and others I have been to have all been pretty full. Not sold out, but better than a movie that has been out a week and beating out many films at the digital film festival.

Back when Cineplex aired Akira and GITS movies during the digital film festival, those were very full!

• @vaporisor:

I am extremely Jaded with Funimation at how they released this and "The Boy and The Beast"

dont know the situation behind PP, but The Boy and the Beast was not funi's fault. a different distributor in Canada is responsible for screenings there

• @Getchman:

a different distributor in Canada is responsible for screenings there

Really? I am betting it is the same with PP if funimation is not directly distributing. They might want to have words. It really has jaded me with funimation though. I have a bookshelf full of their products, but again, been waiting since middle of last year and was like off the seat when I saw the advert during AoT….

• Sure, I get it. I live in central New Hampshire and the nearest movie theater showing the films in in Boston, just over two hours away. Not nearly as bad as 800 KM, but I understand the disappointment. It's cool seeing anime moves in theaters, but i honestly done see any reason to get jaded over this.

• @Getchman:

but i honestly done see any reason to get jaded over this.

Oh, it is because it was advertized in the theatre itself, so had been looking forward to it. If it was just playing somewhere else, wouldnt have minded.