New voice actors in High School DXD Born

• When watching the first episode to the new, I noticed that half of the main cast members are gone. What happened to scott freeman the the original voice actor for issei? The new guy josh wells is alright but he does not bring out the emotion that scott gave to the character in the first two seasons of the show

• My question is, how did you watch the new dubbed episode? The site isn't showing that you're a subscriber.

• @SpacemanHardy:

My question is, how did you watch the new dubbed episode? The site isn't showing that you're a subscriber.

spaceman your all access banner disapered :(

• ^ It's probably just due to a site update. I still have my subscription. Besides, it kinda looked weird with the two banners stacked on top of each other anyway. :P

EDIT: Oh, there it is. ^_^

• @1big2man3:

I noticed that half of the main cast members are gone

2 does not equal "half."

@1big2man3:

The new guy josh wells is alright

That Josh Wells guy is pretty mediocre…

If only they had gotten Josh Grelle, who has been involved with a hundred or so anime series, including prominent roles in more than a few that would be considered "essential viewing" everything would have been okay.

• Kiba, Akeno, Issei's voice actors are different, Plus sorry for not saying Josh Grelle's name right. but yeah he maybe alright but his voice and projection don't really fit the character that Scott Freeman had played in the first two seasons.

• My question, 1big2man3, is how exactly are you watching this dub without a subscription?

Please. Enlighten me.

• no, Kiba has the same actor as the previous two seasons

• @dougswisher:

2 does not equal "half."

That Josh Wells guy is pretty mediocre…

If only they had gotten Josh Grelle, who has been involved with a hundred or so anime series, including prominent roles in more than a few that would be considered "essential viewing" everything would have been okay.

Four got replaced. Add Xenovia and Azazel. There are nine main characters. That's almost fifty percent.

• @spacemanhardy

Not very subtle….

• ^ Oh I'm aware, Doug. But I just wanted to make it clear to folks that if they're watching something on an illegal streaming site, they officially give up any and all rights to complain about it.

That would be like stealing a cookie from a bakery, then later going back to complain to the baker that you didn't like the taste. -_-

• oh I agree.

It would also be nice if one bakery didn't charge $60 for 4 cookies, another bakery didn't charge $90 for half a box of cookies, yet another one who used to supply new cookies to a buffet day and date with the grocery store would go back to doing so, and then of course our local bakery would be really awesome if they finish the cookies they told us about 6-12 months ago, and put the half a dozen cookies they have that are essentially ready to eat right now (because someone else baked them) up for sale already…

You know what? these damn bakeries make it hard to eat.

• ^ Well then, maybe it's time to shell out some "dough".

• ~~I have EXTREME OCD that rivals Death the Kid from Soul Eater, so I'd like to politely ask if you can move this topic out of the "Funimation films" board. I can't look at this topic without feeling nauseous :sick:

After all, this has nothing to do with films of any kind.~~

:up:

• i did not see much different from last season to this one and am still likening this show very much and have all the manga so far put out for sail

• @1adam12:

i did not see much different from last season to this one and am still likening this show very much and have all the manga so far put out for sail

I didn't know there was a DxD boat! You got a pic of it??? I have all the manga too, but I probably won't read them xD I only buy them to give them my money ($8 at a time) I've got the light novels to read.

• This show got me on to the manga too, plus I just finished Rosario + Vampire (Manga). On topic though, why did they change the 3 voice actors, it does suck. Issia worst of all, there is like no emotion in anything he says. Very bland. I was kind of hoping it was a rush dub job and they just couldn't get the actors schedules lined up and would redub them in the Bluray with the correct actors and BOOBIES!!!! :)

• @anti-cmos:

This show got me on to the manga too, plus I just finished Rosario + Vampire (Manga). On topic though, why did they change the 3 voice actors, it does suck. Issia worst of all, there is like no emotion in anything he says. Very bland. I was kind of hoping it was a rush dub job and they just couldn't get the actors schedules lined up and would redub them in the Bluray with the correct actors and BOOBIES!!!! :)

This should answer any questions you may have:

http://www.funimation.com/forum/showthread.php?7397-High-School-DxD-BorN-FAQ-PLEASE-READ-BEFORE-POSTING

• No, again the only 2 replaced were Issei and Akeno. Xenovia and Azazel are the same actors..they just sounded a little off on the first 2 episodes but were back to form on the rest.

• To be honest the replacements aren't that bad, I'm a huge fan of this show. I was worried about it but the new cast replacements don't sound completely out of place. Sometimes change can be good, of course Scott and Teri will always be in my opinion the best issei and akeno.